uniqs
« How to get WiMax?
prev · 1 · 2 · 3 · 4 · 5 · 6 · next
TBBroadband
join:2012-10-26
Fremont, OH

TBBroadband to smoothisfast

to smoothisfast

Re: I found an alternative to clear wireless.

Zings is a Spark hotspot/modem so it is one of the newer ones but will be replaced soon with something else. Sprint is always moving equipment around. But if you can find one at a reasonable price and with a clean ESN I would purchase it. But just an FYI- you could find unlimited providers for a few bucks more than what you are paying with CCM
smoothisfast
join:2014-01-09

smoothisfast

Could you please tell me what other Unlimited LTE hotspots are available?

newyorker
@spcsdns.net

newyorker to smoothisfast

Anon

to smoothisfast
It seems chitchatmobile can'tactivate the Zing. Anyone know why or what othe Sptint MVNO will it work with?
newyorker

newyorker to TBBroadband

Anon

to TBBroadband
said by TBBroadband:

Zings is a Spark hotspot/modem so it is one of the newer ones but will be replaced soon with something else. Sprint is always moving equipment around. But if you can find one at a reasonable price and with a clean ESN I would purchase it. But just an FYI- you could find unlimited providers for a few bucks more than what you are paying with CCM

Which providers are they and for how much? And by unlimited do they mean unlimited like Clearwire or unlimited as long as you don't really stream anything?

norbert26
Premium Member
join:2010-08-10
Warwick, RI

norbert26 to TBBroadband

Premium Member

to TBBroadband
i was under the understanding till at least last quarter 2015 if not extended.

newyorker
@rr.com

newyorker

Anon

said by norbert26:

i was under the understanding till at least last quarter 2015 if not extended.

Since Sprint sold wimax phones till sometime in 2013 (or was it the end of 2012) with a 2 year contract they will be up in the end of 2014 or sometime in 2015.
TBBroadband
Fremont, OH

TBBroadband to norbert26

to norbert26
MVNOs have been told to the end of 2015 when looking at 2016 as too many customers are on that network and are unable to be moved off until the LTE network really comes available for this with agreements to use the LTE or until Sprint has other options available. We have until the network is fully shut off late 2015/early 2016.
TBBroadband

TBBroadband to newyorker

to newyorker
Clear also has fixed wireless customers on the WiMax network which carried a contract as well. They were able to sign up until the day no new customers were announced. Sprint will need to move them to LTE or let them ride out.
TBBroadband

TBBroadband to newyorker

to newyorker
100% unlimited, no caps, no overages, etc. 100% UNLIMITED. $100 per month. Register and PM.
newyorker
join:2014-01-19
US

newyorker

$100/month is way too high. What provider is it?
lan41
join:2013-11-16
Charlotte, TN

lan41 to TBBroadband

to TBBroadband
this company is a joke waited a month for a modem never got it so sad had my hopes up and waited a month then finally had to call my bank to get my miney back anybody else have tb broadband let us know because they sure messed me up
TBBroadband
Fremont, OH

1 edit

TBBroadband to nrgcominc

to nrgcominc
In regards to the comments that were posted by someone else about us - we have this to say, not all customers can be satisfied nor read their Terms of Service. TB Broadband does have an active user-base on our network and can show proof of these clients.
lan41
join:2013-11-16
Charlotte, TN

lan41 to nrgcominc

to nrgcominc
how long do you have to wait for a modem ?
sillyshydq
join:2012-05-15

sillyshydq to nrgcominc

to nrgcominc
I have the MiFi 500 LTE it also has Wimax question is the $5.00 add-on will it let me have unlimited LTE as well?

newyorker1
@rr.com

newyorker1

Anon

said by sillyshydq:

I have the MiFi 500 LTE it also has Wimax question is the $5.00 add-on will it let me have unlimited LTE as well?

You don't need the $5 add on. The mobile broadband plan includes LTE. The $5 add on is for phones.
chris92
join:2008-09-20
Coal Valley, IL

chris92 to sillyshydq

to sillyshydq
The MiFi 500 does not have WiMax....it is Tri-band meaning it has 3 bands of LTE: 1900Mhz for current Sprint deployment, 800Mhz for Sprint's other band they are starting to roll out, and 2500Mhz for Clear's LTE rollout in major cities now.

newyorker1
@rr.com

newyorker1

Anon

said by chris92:

The MiFi 500 does not have WiMax....it is Tri-band meaning it has 3 bands of LTE: 1900Mhz for current Sprint deployment, 800Mhz for Sprint's other band they are starting to roll out, and 2500Mhz for Clear's LTE rollout in major cities now.

I don't know if tri-"band" devices will work. I tried my Netgear Zing with them and it didn't work.
TBBroadband
Fremont, OH

TBBroadband

Some equipment is limited to certain MVNOs. Zing is one of them. Out of all of the MVNOs on Sprint maybe 10 will actually activate it and it will work.

newyorker1
@rr.com

newyorker1

Anon

What are those 10 MVNOs?

JimThePCGuy
Formerly known as schja01.
MVM
join:2000-04-27
Morton Grove, IL

JimThePCGuy to newyorker1

MVM

to newyorker1
Does that MiFi 500 require a Sprint SIM. If yes, did the device come with one. If it does not where do you obtain one?
Tnx,
J

newyorker1
@rr.com

newyorker1

Anon

I have the Zing not the MiFi 500 but I think both come with a Sprint SIM though some Sprint reps told me the SIM is for roaming like if you go to Europe and not required for using it on the Sprint network and Sprint MVNOs. If you don't have a SIM and want one I guess you could buy them at a Sprint store or dealer.

JimThePCGuy
MVM
Morton Grove, IL

JimThePCGuy

MVM

A SIM is required for LTE even domestic.

newyorker1
@rr.com

newyorker1

Anon

It's supposed to come with a SIM out of the box but you may also be able to buy one at a store though not sure about that.
TBBroadband
Fremont, OH

TBBroadband to JimThePCGuy

to JimThePCGuy
Not true. We activate this device all the time and other LTE devices, we do NOT use the SIM, we use the DEC number off the device and it all works. Including the AC803s- does NOT have a SIM card and is LTE. So does the U770.
TBBroadband

TBBroadband to newyorker1

to newyorker1
We are one and there are many others. It's a matter of finding the companies. But we do publish the list.

newyorker1
@rr.com

newyorker1

Anon

said by TBBroadband:

We are one and there are many others. It's a matter of finding the companies. But we do publish the list.

Although you're not obligated to publish this list, would you so kind as to publish the list of those who can activate it so we can compare rates and plans offered by those on the list?

JimThePCGuy
MVM
Morton Grove, IL

JimThePCGuy to TBBroadband

MVM

to TBBroadband
I visited your site.
1) It seems your order form is not SSL. Is this intentional? You do say it's secure but it isn't a SSL connection.
2) The checkout process says $175 +$48 I assume the $175 is $75 for Feb and $100 for March prepaid. Correct?
To get past the SSL issue can service be ordered via phone?
Tnx,
J
JimThePCGuy

JimThePCGuy to TBBroadband

MVM

to TBBroadband
If I was to secure a "Sprint MiFiĀ® 500 LTE by Novatel Wireless" Hot Spot with a clean ESN you would be able to activate it on your system?
TBBroadband
Fremont, OH

to JimThePCGuy
SSL for payment is generated when you go into check out which houses the information at PayPal. That is the main system. We do not keep any CC information on our systems. Also with the SSL we are adding that to the new website once it is changed over to our new data center and billing systems.

And yes you are correct as far as pricing goes. All services are prepaid and paid up front.
TBBroadband

to JimThePCGuy
Yes.