uniqs

telcodad
MVM
join:2011-09-16
Lincroft, NJ

telcodad to Acct101

MVM

to Acct101

Re: [Content] So does Comcast ever add channels?

said by Acct101:

Does everyone have 16 HD channels above channel 1000?

We have 18 of those here in Monmouth County, NJ:

1216 Bloomberg TV HD
1217 C-SPAN HD
1218 News 12 NJ HD
1225 BBC America HD
1262 Nat Geo Wild HD
1265 Smithsonian HD
1316 TV Guide Network HD
1318 EWTN HD
1325 GSN HD
1334 Oxygen HD
1345 Ovation HD
1368 Galavision HD
1505 Sprout HD
1511 The Hub HD
1512 Fox Soccer Channel HD
1513 GOL TV HD
1630 Outdoor Channel HD
1631 Sportsman HD

SeattleMatt
Streaming Tech Director
Premium Member
join:2001-12-28
Seattle, WA

SeattleMatt

Premium Member

Telco-
GOL TV HD was removed almost a year ago. And of course Fox Soccer is now FXX.

Looks like you guys have an extra in News 12 NJ HD at 1218.

All we've heard is that there's this BIG thing happening during the Olympics. I'll shut my mouth until then. LOL.

telcodad
MVM
Lincroft, NJ

telcodad

MVM

said by SeattleMatt:

Telco-
GOL TV HD was removed almost a year ago. And of course Fox Soccer is now FXX.

Jeez, looks like Comcast is a bit behind in updating their online channel listings then [though I did know about the Fox Soccer to FXX transition, but that's what happens when you blindly copy something. ].
said by SeattleMatt:

Looks like you guys have an extra in News 12 NJ HD at 1218.

Yeah, that's a regional channel, its market is the NYC DMA portion of NJ: »en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ne ··· Networks

camper
just visiting this planet
Premium Member
join:2010-03-21
Bethel, CT

camper to telcodad

Premium Member

to telcodad
said by telcodad:

1216 Bloomberg TV HD

A year ago, BloombergTV HD appeared on the channel list here (channel 1116), but it never was offered.

I notice that it is not on the channel list that I recently received.

telcodad
MVM
Lincroft, NJ

telcodad

MVM

said by camper:

said by telcodad:

1216 Bloomberg TV HD

A year ago, BloombergTV HD appeared on the channel list here (channel 1116), but it never was offered.

I notice that it is not on the channel list that I recently received.

Probably due to what you and others had discussed in this thread: »[Content] Comcast forced to move Bloomberg TV

truetrue
@comcast.net

truetrue

Anon

Did we always have TCMHD?...I don't remember having it before, but then again the way Comcast groups their HD channels is so terrible I might have just been missing it.

I'm also seeing a channel called UPHD(Uplifting Entertainment)

Did we also have DXDHD before?..Disney XD

I'm in Northern Virginia...Why does Comcast have doubles off their HD channels?...As an example, does having TNT as and HD channel on 825 and also having TNTHD on 249 waste space?...It seems to me like it obviously would, can someone clear this up for me please.

SeattleMatt
Streaming Tech Director
Premium Member
join:2001-12-28
Seattle, WA

SeattleMatt

Premium Member

True-
Here in Northern DE - we've had TCM HD for quite some time.

UP HD used to be GMC (Gospel Music Channel) HD

DXD HD has been here since the June 2012 adds (last time we got a new HD channel)

As far as your duplicate HD question - WOW - they took away our duplicates here in the 200's over a year ago - surprised they're being so lazy in your area. However - the channel is just mirrored into 2 different channel ID's - they are not using "double the bandwidth" so to speak.

For instance, they could put CNN HD on 24 different channel #'s, but it'd only be the one QAM being used.
SeattleMatt

SeattleMatt to telcodad

Premium Member

to telcodad
Telco-
The only thing that kills me about the 1000s channels is that Center City Philly has had Cooking at 1321, DIY (right around there) and Reelz HD in the 1600's for TWO YEARS.

Yes- over two years Philly's center city system has had these and they were never given to the burbs.

We're a big foodie / cooking family - i've been dying to get COOK in HD.

telcodad
MVM
Lincroft, NJ

telcodad

MVM

Yeah, now that we have had channels in the 1000s for a while »[HD] HD channels 1002-1900s , I don't know what Comcast is waiting for to go to the next phase in the transition to the MCLU.
GTFan
join:2004-12-03
Austell, GA

GTFan

said by telcodad:

Yeah, now that we have had channels in the 1000s for a while »[HD] HD channels 1002-1900s , I don't know what Comcast is waiting for to go to the next phase in the transition to the MCLU.

We have no channels in the 1000s, the last few HDs added here were in the mid 700s.