share rss forum feed

Guspaz
Guspaz
Premium,MVM
join:2001-11-05
Montreal, QC
kudos:23
reply to lleader

Re: [DSL] SmartRG - semi-minor problem...

I figured out the 47 Mbps speed issue problem, it's an issue with TSI's network. I connect with an Acanac login (either through my router or PC direct), I get ~50.5 megs in speed tests (even to the TSI speed test). I change nothing but the PPPoE login to TSI, I get 47ish.
--
Latest version of CapSavvy systray usage checker: »CapSavvy v4.2 released!

yltsi

join:2012-02-21

I got my 25/10 service activated just before christmas. The SmartRG is running great, router shows connection is up for more than 10 days. Most of time, I got 25+/10+ to teksavvy speedtest server, only at peak times, download is about 2 or 3 Mb/s off.

HiVolt
Premium
join:2000-12-28
Toronto, ON
kudos:21
Reviews:
·TekSavvy DSL
·TekSavvy Cable
reply to Guspaz

said by Guspaz:

I figured out the 47 Mbps speed issue problem, it's an issue with TSI's network. I connect with an Acanac login (either through my router or PC direct), I get ~50.5 megs in speed tests (even to the TSI speed test). I change nothing but the PPPoE login to TSI, I get 47ish.

Odd, I've no such issue. Are you on a mlppp or ipv6 login maybe?

I'm on a plain jane @teksavvy login, though I have a static IP.
--

MaynardKrebs
Heave Steve, for the good of the country
Premium
join:2009-06-17
kudos:4
reply to Guspaz

said by Guspaz:

What, TSI selling us something they can't deliver???!!?
I'm going to Weights & Measures to demand that the internets be metered!!!

Hey, if we can say that about Bell/Rogers then we can say it about TSI too. Time for TSI to fix THEIR network. They are an ISP aren't they?