uniqs
Mele20
Premium Member
join:2001-06-05
Hilo, HI

Mele20

Premium Member

[bug] Postlist changing envelope to gray when thread is still unread

Two problems with Postlist/all that I have been observing for some time now.

(1) Postlist changes the color of the envelope from yellow to gray when I have NOT yet read some of the threads that had yellow envelopes when I first came here. That has been happening frequently. Postlist currently is showing that I have read all posts in a thread I started but I have not yet read that thread since I got here. I have read others that had yellow envelopes but not it.

(2) When I click on the blue arrow on a thread I am following, and that has new posts since I was last here, frequently, I am NOT taken to the last post that I have read. This happens about 70% of the time if I click on the blue arrow. It is inaccurate. In longer threads it is convenient to use it, but I am leery of it now since I have missed a lot of posts because I have trusted it to be accurate. It used to be accurate but not so recently.

I don't think this is a browser specific issue as I use a variety of browsers (posting currently using SeaMonkey 2.23) here (although I do use Mozilla browsers more than others). Postlist/all is my home page on all my browsers and I use it to navigate the site. I have always had postlist/all as my home page and always used it to navigate since I joined so many years ago so I don't think that could have anything to do with this problem because the problem started after the recent changes here.

Cho Baka
MVM
join:2000-11-23
there

Cho Baka

MVM

Does the problem occur on an unmodified PC running an unmodified browser?
Mele20
Premium Member
join:2001-06-05
Hilo, HI

2 edits

Mele20

Premium Member

What in the world do you mean by an "unmodified PC"? And why would anyone have one and why would it matter? Are you claiming that only PC's that are wide open to infection are allowed at this site? And what in the world is an "unmodified" browser? I have never heard of such a thing. It would be dangerous to run one like that and again are you claiming that only browsers that are wide open to infection are allowed here? Geez.

This problem only began AFTER all the changes Justin made at this site. I've been here since 2001 and had no problems like this until Justin made so many change ssome of which are for the worse IMO. I've never used a "unmodified PC" (although I don't really know what that could be ...but I can't imagine anyone using one as even just adding an antivirus program modifies the PC) and had no problems with Postlist/all which has been my home page on all browsers since I joined in 2001 so I can't see how it could be my browsers as the culprit. The culprit has something to do with all these changes which make it much more difficult to use this site because of all the extra clicks necessary now and the fact that we are supposed to use just a few words in replies in forums since the normal reply box is now relegated to second class choice. There are some good changes here though as well as the not so good ones.

Cho Baka
MVM
join:2000-11-23
there

Cho Baka

MVM

My suggestion was to eliminate any customization you have done as a cause.

aefstoggaflm
Open Source Fan
Premium Member
join:2002-03-04
Bethlehem, PA
Linksys E4200
ARRIS SB6141

aefstoggaflm

Premium Member

said by Cho Baka:

My suggestion was to eliminate any customization you have done as a cause.

You mean using safe mode for Firefox?, for example...