dellsweig
Extreme Aerobatics
MVM
join:2003-12-10
Campbell Hall, NY

dellsweig

MVM

Firefox V26.0 issue?

Since updating to Firefox 26.0 on my Imac - Maverick - I loose the ability to scroll thru web pages via trackpad. All other applications/windows work correctl. If I kill off FF and restart all is good.

I have not been able to isolate this to one web page - it may possibly be CNN or even DSL reports...

Anyone else seeing this issue??

pike
Premium Member
join:2001-02-01
Washington, DC

pike

Premium Member

said by dellsweig:

Since updating to Firefox 26.0 ... All other applications/windows work correctl. If I kill off FF and restart all is good.

That seems to imply the problem is with Firefox and not your computer. This discussion is probably more appropriate for »Mozilla Software

dellsweig
Extreme Aerobatics
MVM
Campbell Hall, NY

dellsweig

MVM

I would say its the combo of FF 26.0 and mavericks. Issue is not occuring on my windows boxes, Ubuntu or even my old macbook so yes - this thread is appropriate here.

I suppose if one of the mods wants to move it thats fine - are you a mod???

Irish Shark
Play Like A Champion Today
MVM
join:2000-07-29
Las Vegas, NV

1 recommendation

Irish Shark to dellsweig

MVM

to dellsweig
I have the same setup except I use a mouse and not a trackpad.
I do not have any issues. Have you tried a mouse and see if the issue still exists?

The were some addons that were not playing nice with FF 25. Disabled them and some minor odd behavior disappeared. I left them disabled in Mavericks.

dellsweig
Extreme Aerobatics
MVM
Campbell Hall, NY

dellsweig

MVM

thanks!!!

Started disabling add-ons and we shall see which one helps
decx
Premium Member
join:2002-06-07
Vancouver, BC

decx to dellsweig

Premium Member

to dellsweig
I have run into the issue once or twice (though with a Magic Mouse instead of a trackpad), but a restart of that instance (I was running two instances of FF on two profiles and the issue only affected one of them) of Firefox fixed it.

As for addons I'm just running Adblock and Adblock pop-up but disabling addons doesn't really work as a testing method for me given the random and rather occasional nature of the problem.

dellsweig
Extreme Aerobatics
MVM
Campbell Hall, NY

dellsweig

MVM

I disabled java and flash plug-ins and the issue has not returned

Irish Shark
Play Like A Champion Today
MVM
join:2000-07-29
Las Vegas, NV

Irish Shark

MVM

I have Java Applet-Plugin Java 7 Update 45 installed, but it is NOT activated.

Shockwave Flash Plugin 11.9.900.170 (11.9.r900) is installed and IS activated.