Ghastlyone
Premium Member
join:2009-01-07
Nashville, TN

Ghastlyone to Koil

Premium Member

to Koil

Re: Elder Scrolls Online Doomed?

What's funny is, Blizzard have adopted more GW2 style traits in the last few WoW patches.

Shared loot being one, and now they've announced they are going to streamline and consolidate a lot of class spells and abilities.

I seem to remember a lot of people shitting all over GW2 for only having "X" amount of spells to use.

Looks like Vinc might have to cancel his WoW subscription.
Vinceruos
join:2011-05-04
Dumfries, VA

Vinceruos to TheBionic

to TheBionic
said by TheBionic:

I can't get past level 20 on WoW

Well there is your issue. No one plays MMOs for the leveling experience, get out of here casual. Play some end game then get back to me.
Vinceruos

Vinceruos to Ghastlyone

to Ghastlyone
Well some classes take 40 plus keybind to do basic level pvp, I would say that is a tad more then the 2 binds you need for GW2... ROFL. And what is this shared loot you speak of? You mean like 1 or 2 rares that function like world bosses?

TheBionic
Funkier than a mohair disco ball.
Premium Member
join:2009-07-06
united state

TheBionic to Vinceruos

Premium Member

to Vinceruos
said by Vinceruos:

said by TheBionic:

I can't get past level 20 on WoW

Well there is your issue. No one plays MMOs for the leveling experience, get out of here casual. Play some end game then get back to me.

Boring gameplay is boring, and I won't suffer through however many hours it takes to get to 90 to play end game when the levelling sucks. GW2 and ESO are a better fit for me personally. And considering GW2's continued success, for a lot of other people too. Drives you crazy huh?

Uncle Paul
join:2003-02-04
USA

Uncle Paul to TheThing2

to TheThing2
I'll agree WoW is polished. It's no more addictive than any other MMO. The whole toony thing is actually something I take points off for. Certainly not a selling point IMO.

Ghastlyone
Premium Member
Nashville, TN

Ghastlyone to Vinceruos

Premium Member

to Vinceruos
Who would have ever thought someone trolling an ESO/GW2 discussion, that's a fanboy of a game bleeding millions of subscriptions?

Go figure.

Deremus
join:2011-09-01
Chandler, AZ

Deremus to Vinceruos

to Vinceruos
said by Vinceruos:

Speak for yourself, there buddy. A lot of games actually have more content than just endgame, and there are people who would like to appreciate that.

Your statement also seems to imply that casual MMO gamers don't matter. I suppose that viewpoint makes sense if nothing else exists but the end.... Personally, I can't help but equate it to the person who uses the shortcuts to beat a Mario game in under 5 minutes, then claims they have played the whole game from that experience alone.

I think people would take your opinion more seriously if it took into account more than a single mindset.

As it stands, I'm not convinced that you know how to enjoy the RPG aspect of any sort. I'm sure it works for you, but it doesn't for others.

Woody79_00
I run Linux am I still a PC?
Premium Member
join:2004-07-08
united state

Woody79_00 to Koil

Premium Member

to Koil
said by Koil:

GW2 IS THE FUTURE OF GAMING. BEST GAME EVER.

I really hope not, or I would be better off lowering my head and running into a brick wall.

I tried play GW1 and it was terrible, GW2 was actually worse...that game is horrid IMO. Maybel i'll go back and try it again sometime, but distinctly remember that game being awful..and i remember playing it everyday for about 2 weeks before coming to that conclusion.

I never was a big MMO fan, but I actually like TESO. The game isn't perfect, but I like it.

I could never get into WOW either, too cartoony for me, and I never tried SWTOR, so I can't comment on that one.

However...if F2P and GW2 is the future of gaming....then gamers are royally screwed IMO....we as gamers should expect and demand better...JMO...take it for what you will.
Expand your moderator at work

Deremus
Chandler, AZ

Deremus to Woody79_00

to Woody79_00

I find myself wishing we could get together a big gamer's wishlist to allow choosing styles and features a la carte... like I'll take the character graphics of Rift, plus the bank/inventory system of GW2, and a little bit of crafting from FFXIV, then the homebuilding from UO... etc.

Then actually have our choices turn up in a game. I really do think most of the MMO's we have have SOME good features. I'd just like to have one place to find them all.

As an example, I do really like a lot about the WoW combat feel, but the cartoony graphics have always been a turn off for me.

TheBionic
Premium Member
united state

TheBionic

Premium Member

said by Deremus:

I really do think most of the MMO's we have have SOME good features. I'd just like to have one place to find them all.

The simple fact is you can't please everyone with one game. You hate cartoony graphics, TheThing2 See Profile touts them as the best thing since sliced bread and a must have for a successful MMO. You like WoW's combat, I detest it. No game will ever be perfect unless you're an unabashed fanboy or troll that no one takes seriously (coughvincecough).
Vinceruos
Dumfries, VA

Vinceruos

ROFL, but we should take you serious? The same person who hasnt played past level 20 but thinks his opinion matters at all? Lol...

TheBionic
Premium Member
united state

TheBionic

Premium Member

The difference between you and me is, I only comment on what I have played, and I don't go to the WoW forum and comment in every thread OMFG WOW IS TEH SUXXORS LOL. I certainly wouldn't blame anyone for not taking my opinion of WoW seriously, but I make it clear it's only my opinion. You're just an obvious troll.

Deremus
Chandler, AZ

Deremus to TheBionic

to TheBionic

said by TheBionic:

The simple fact is you can't please everyone with one game.

That is most certainly true, I agree. I would be curious to see some kind of approval rating poll comparing different aspects to see what tends to be the most popular, actual games aside.

A little more on topic though, the combat and leveling system in ESO sounds fairly unique in the MMO world (obviously not so among Elder Scrolls). I'm thinking I'll at least need to end up playing this at some point to get a taste. My biggest obstacle is my own lack of free time to devote to games. I already have a backlog of things I want to try out.

Unless I hear about something amazing in ESO, I'm not going to adjust my 'game queue' in order to play this earlier.

TheBionic
Premium Member
united state

TheBionic to Deremus

Premium Member

to Deremus

said by Deremus:

My biggest obstacle is my own lack of free time to devote to games. I already have a backlog of things I want to try out.

I hear you there. I think ESO will be a divisive game, moreso than other games in the genre, and that's saying something. When you put all the parts together it is definitely a different type of game than what we're used to. Plus the business model sucks IMO (the Imperial edition I mean) but we've gone over that already in this thread. Still, actually playing in the betas has me stoked for release.
TheThing2
join:2014-03-05
New Haven, CT

TheThing2

I'm going to make an observation.

When I left this forum 1.5 years ago, or whatever, the WoW forums had about 8-10 active daily threads.

past week, WoW forums here have about 2-3 active daily threads

YOU ARE NOT PREPARED VINCE!

Snuffbox
nice irl
Premium Member
join:2011-04-15
Milwaukee, WI

2 edits

Snuffbox

Premium Member

Unfortunately this is true. But largely not because "WoW is dying!" but because they've changed things to be much less confusing.

Theorycrafting used to be huge in WoW, and now it's rarely necessary.

It used to be that your best source of information on whether your Rogue/Shaman should be rocking Slow/Slow Fast/Slow Fast/Fast Deadly/Instant Instant/Deadly WF/FT FT/WF WF/WF etc etc etc was all found on forums.

Only people who have actually played end-game WoW will understand these references, but they required a lot of theorycrafting to identify which method provides the best DPS. Taking into account PPM, ICD's, auto attack reset time etc.

Hit, Expertise, Dodge and Parry have also been significantly reformed on a more even level and there are now 3x as many websites telling you the best Main & Secondary stat for each class and specialization.

Things like the above have made the forum go from a necessity to a casual "What your favorite quest" bs.
Vinceruos
Dumfries, VA

Vinceruos to TheThing2

to TheThing2
said by TheThing2:

When I left this forum 1.5 years ago, or whatever, the WoW forums had about 8-10 active daily threads.

past week, WoW forums here have about 2-3 active daily threads

Well, lets be honest here. These forums have never been source of vast video gaming knowledge. I stopped posting a lot because it was a waste of time. It seems that most people on here are very "casual" gamers and dont care about being "leet". They like to quest and see pretty pictures and stuff. So yea, these forums are not a good representation of the wow communty. I am sure most people, like myself, stumbled here while at work and websensed to almost everything else and just came to kill some time. Once they read some of the retard posts here they left.

Ghastlyone
Premium Member
Nashville, TN

2 recommendations

Ghastlyone

Premium Member

said by Vinceruos:

These forums have never been source of vast video gaming knowledge. I stopped posting a lot because it was a waste of time.

The guy with 132 posts, has stopped posting a lot.

lol

TheBionic
Premium Member
united state

1 recommendation

TheBionic to Vinceruos

Premium Member

to Vinceruos
said by Vinceruos:

It seems that most people on here are very "casual" gamers and dont care about being "leet".

A lot of us have wives, mortgages, kids, jobs, school, and basically other concerns than staying 'leet'. We still love video games but treat them as a hobby as opposed to some kind of online obsession or status symbol.

Koil
Premium Member
join:2002-09-10
Irmo, SC

3 recommendations

Koil to Vinceruos

Premium Member

to Vinceruos
said by Vinceruos:

Once they read some of the retard posts here they left.

Well, stop posting and see if they come back.

Krisnatharok
PC Builder, Gamer
Premium Member
join:2009-02-11
Earth Orbit

Krisnatharok to Ghastlyone

Premium Member

to Ghastlyone
said by Ghastlyone:

said by Vinceruos:

These forums have never been source of vast video gaming knowledge. I stopped posting a lot because it was a waste of time.

The guy with 132 posts, has stopped posting a lot.

lol

This is the one and same Vinceruos_t troll? No one can take anything he says seriously. Especially when it's concerning MMOs.

Raible
join:2008-01-23
Plainfield, IN

Raible to shinjuru

to shinjuru
You guys are getting boring.

Uncle Paul
join:2003-02-04
USA

Uncle Paul to TheBionic

to TheBionic
said by TheBionic:

said by Vinceruos:

It seems that most people on here are very "casual" gamers and dont care about being "leet".

A lot of us have wives, mortgages, kids, jobs, school, and basically other concerns than staying 'leet'. We still love video games but treat them as a hobby as opposed to some kind of online obsession or status symbol.

^^ This

Krisnatharok
PC Builder, Gamer
Premium Member
join:2009-02-11
Earth Orbit

1 recommendation

Krisnatharok

Premium Member

Vincerous when he plays:

Ghastlyone
Premium Member