prev · 1 · 2 · 3 ... 29 · 30 · 31 · 32 · 33 · 34 · 35 · 36 · 37 · 38 · next
IamGimli (banned)
join:2004-02-28
Canada

1 edit

IamGimli (banned) to madmike

to madmike

Re: Elder Scrolls Online Doomed?

400g, 2000g, 4000g (thereabouts), 5900g, 11500g for the first 5 upgrades (takes you to 110 slots).
IamGimli

IamGimli (banned) to Raible

to Raible
said by Raible:

The first bag slot upgrade is only 400g. If you don't have that one, you definitely need to find the bag vendor.

Couple helpful inventory management tricks:

- Alts are free 40 slot banks

60 slots.
said by Raible:

- Don't forget you can mail things to yourself while out in the field and in pinch for a few more slots

Only to a different account.
said by Raible:

- If you have a horse, adding some capacity is cheap for an extra 5-10 slots in your bag.

250g an extra slot isn't exactly cheap, plus it takes away from possible speed and stamina upgrades.

Ghastlyone
Premium Member
join:2009-01-07
Nashville, TN

1 edit

Ghastlyone to shinjuru

Premium Member

to shinjuru

Angry Joe Review is up.

He completely eviscerates this game.

Koil
Premium Member
join:2002-09-10
Irmo, SC

Koil

Premium Member

»Re: Elder Scrolls Online Doomed?

Let's try and keep up, buddy

Ghastlyone
Premium Member
Nashville, TN

2 recommendations

Ghastlyone

Premium Member

said by Koil:

»Re: Elder Scrolls Online Doomed?

Let's try and keep up, buddy

Well....shit.
Asteldian
join:2011-05-04
united kingd

Asteldian

SLots are actually:
400g, 2000g, 5900g
Bank is:
1000g, 3,300g, 6,600g?

I don't think too much of Angry Joe, but he has some fair points, though others are vastly exagerated. Grouping needs work, but if you have a dedicated char you use with another player there are no group issues with phasing.

Even with the various issues the game has, I would give it a 7, with the issues resolved in time (I alays estimate 3 months from launch to get a game in a solid state) with bots gone from bosses, grouping easier when you are not dedicated to playing only with a friend, quicker load times and more stable server I can easily see myself giving it a 9.

Server, loads and bots are easily dealt with in time (bots will always be around, but the major issues is the silly amount at bosses in delves which will be dealt with I expect when they introduce the cool down for loot). Grouping will be the trickiest part due to the way phasin works.

On other news, my Templar is lvl 27 and I am finally done with the second zone Stormhaven, have my 42k horse up to 33% speed and am a lvl 25 Blacksmith. All is going good...except enchanting which is depressingly slow, I am lvl 13 there. I need more skill points though!!

Ghastlyone
Premium Member
Nashville, TN

Ghastlyone to shinjuru

Premium Member

to shinjuru
I lol'd when he talked about the Daedric Invasion quest compared to what was shown in the actual game trailer. Everyone is shown this unbelievable CGI trailer with awesome combat, all out chaos, etc. Then the actual game play turns out to be boring as shit.

Typical MMO.
Chuck_IV
join:2003-11-18
Connecticut

Chuck_IV to shinjuru

to shinjuru
Is it me or are some of these boss quests way outta whack for their level?

I've ran into a few at earlier levels and they were frustrating but I could at least get close to killing the guy at the end, but this one I just hit now, forget it. I can't even get past the first of TWO bosses in it.

It's the level 30 main line quest Halls of Torment. I am getting my butt handed to me, even on the first boss.

The first problem is, my NPC I am given is just STUPID. She hits every trap on the way in, so she has about 20% health left when we get to the first boss and doesn't seem to regen(didn't realize this at first). So after realizing it, I healed her up first, then charge it and so does my NPC, but my NPC is too STUPID to move outta the red when the boss is casting his AOE and she dies in about 10 seconds, leaving me to fend for myself.

I'd love to be able to interrupt the boss, but while I can do that at the beginning, he chain casts too much to continue doing it and after having to dispatch the skeletons, I usually don't have enough left to cast any interrupts on him.

I can dispacth the skeletions that are cast but they hit hard, so if I ignore them and just try to beat down the boss, I die pretty quick. If I dispatch the skeleton, the boss just chain casts abother one. I have very little time to do any real damage to the boss.

I got him to about 1/4 health on one try but never really came close others. It was just a gold sink of repairs. I hear the 2nd boss is even tougher.

I understand some of these are designed to be tough, but they need to be more realistic with the levels. If it's a level 30, I should have a reasonable chance at doing it. As it stands, I have almost no chance.

Woody79_00
I run Linux am I still a PC?
Premium Member
join:2004-07-08
united state

Woody79_00

Premium Member

Bosses in this game aren't too bad, some of them just require stategy and a re-think of skills at times.

Im a sorc weaing 7 pieces of light armor, and i beat these bosses without much trouble.

1. Use Weakness to Elements to reduce Boss Resistance to Fire/Frost/Shock by 40% for x amount of seconds

2. Use Surge from Storm Calling Line to increase Attack Power of Weapon for x amount of seconds.

3. Cast Entropy or its morph from the Mages guild...does DOT on the bosses and heals you for X amount of points.

4. Cast the Light Armor Active Annulment which cuts all enemy spell damage in half, and put up a a shield...one morph makes its absorb magicka, the other increases the shield strength for every piece of light armor you have on, both are good its just matter of choice.

After you have those up, stay and range and pelt him with your Destro staff...you will wreck him in no time, Recast your shield, Entropy, Weakness, and Surge skills as needed...don't waste magic hitting him with Mages Wrath or anything else...You will have a nice boost anf should be able to easily deal with his skeletons as well. You may want to put a AOE on your bar in spot 5..Wall of Elements or something similar to use against the group skeletons...Skeletons and undead are weak to fire, so a Desto Fire staff would be prefered, or any fire attack for that matter.

Good luck! Hope that helps.
Chuck_IV
join:2003-11-18
Connecticut

Chuck_IV

Not really since I am a templar, who specs in 2-handed. Most of my fighting is face to face.

Part of the issue is the tank NPC I chose. I didn't realize it would be that "dumb". It should be pulling off the boss and come help attack what I am attacking(thus avoiding the AOE spam) but it doesn't, it gets suck on the boss and dies in second to the AOE spam.

I probably should have taken the caster NPC but I don;t think I can switch at this point.

Raible
join:2008-01-23
Plainfield, IN

Raible to shinjuru

to shinjuru
I'm a two handed Templar as well and I did take the caster instead of the tank. I assume you're talking about the main quest where the two bosses are dopplegangers?

The first boss never moves and his attack is AOE. Dispatch a skeleton and then run in and smack him a time or two. Rinse and repeat, just be patient.

Yes, the second boss was much harder and took me a time or two to get down. The value in your companion is strategic threat mitigation, not whoop-ass DPS.

TheBionic
Funkier than a mohair disco ball.
Premium Member
join:2009-07-06
united state

1 recommendation

TheBionic to shinjuru

Premium Member

to shinjuru
It only took 157 hours, but I finally finished the single player story and moved on to another faction. 2 more factions to go! I haven't even touched PVP and only did one of the group dungeons with Koil See Profile. The stories in the quests are good enough to keep me coming back, just really well done. Still love the game and plan to continue on. I don't know what the fuck some of these reviewers played, except to say I wasn't a huge fan at first either; it's definitely a slow burn but now I am pretty addicted. This is probably my favorite game now.

I have now officially put more time into ESO than Skyrim.

Asteldian
united kingd

Asteldian to Chuck_IV

to Chuck_IV
If it makes you feel better, I had the caster and he was crap.
As a Templar I killed him the old fashioned way - I am a heavy armour user so just used brute force. The first attempt was ugly (realised most my gear was actually broken), I repaired so my armour was 1100 instead of 200 and beat him up. I did have to use my heal a few times, I mostly used my stamina for damage and blocking and reserved most the magicka for the heal.
I would use jabs when the add was up to hurt both the boss and the skeleton. I would also throw Reflective Light out on occasion to hit the skele and the boss. If you ignore the skele he continues summoning more so it gets ugly.

The second boss was just Doshia essentially Fighters Guild quest) so pay attention to killing the orbs and it shouldn't be a big problem. The last fight was the easiest of the lot.

Also, just becaue a quest is lvl 30, doesn't mean it will be easily done at 30 and there is nothing wrong with that - depending on peoples builds and playstyle, some will be able to do it at 30, others will have a hard time - there is nothing wrong with doing it a couple levels later, a quest doesn't go grey on you until you are 6 lvls too high, so there is no harm in waiting a while if you need to. Sorcerers and DKs will likley have no issue :P

madmike
join:2012-03-19
Waterfall, PA

madmike to shinjuru

to shinjuru
Can anyone post the patch notes for those of us behind firewall please?

Koil
Premium Member
join:2002-09-10
Irmo, SC

Koil

Premium Member

PATCH NOTES V1.0.6
ZOS_GinaBrunoZOS_GinaBruno Administrator, Moderator admin
April 28 edited April 28 in Patch Notes Staff Post
DEUTSCHE PATCHNOTIZEN - VERSION 1.0.6
NOTES DE VERSION 1.0.6

OVERVIEW
The Elder Scrolls Online v1.0.6 features fixes to more quest issues and blockers, in addition to game stability and performance. We are continuing to improve our fight against bots and gold spammers, and appreciate your patience and understanding.

FIXES & IMPROVEMENTS

Alliance War
General
Fixed an issue where new characters of different alliances could get automatically assigned to the same campaign.

Combat & Gameplay
General
Fixed an issue that caused some Nightblade abilities to become unresponsive when you were engaged in combat with a large number of enemies.

Dungeons & Group Content
General
Veteran Darkshade Caverns: You will no longer receive boss loot from the Hive Lord Scrib adds, and cannot pull the boss without his adds.

Exploration & Itemization
General
If you decide to skip the tutorial, the items granted to you can no longer be deconstructed.
Adjusted the time after you loot a delve or overworld boss before you are eligible to receive loot from these types of bosses again.

Miscellaneous
General
You must now reach level 10 before creating a new guild.
Fixed an issue with the Mac client that would occasionally cause crashes or performance issues.
Fixed an issue that would cause your screen to occasionally freeze and cause unwarranted CPU usage.
Fixed an issue that would give the appearance that objects were invisible or missing.
Fixed an issue so everyone must pay the COD fee to accept COD items.
Fixed an issue where the game could crash while viewing the in-game map.
Fixed an issue where the game could crash when you encounter select animated NPCs.

Quests
Main Quest
Lowered the level requirements to attain the following quests:
Shadow of Sancre Tor
Last Council of the Five
Messages across Tamriel
The Weight of Three Crowns
God of Schemes
Note: This only pertains to the level at which the quest can be attained; the levels of the monsters have not changed.
The Weight of Three Crowns: The three alliance leaders will now reliably show up to the meeting.
Messages Across Tamriel: Vanus will now always be present and appear where intended.
Castle of the Worm: Cadwell will now assist you in combat.

Alik'r
Honoring the Dishonored: Zariya's spirit will now always appear in the correct location.

Auridon
Harsh Lesson: Fixed an issue where Zaban's body would sometimes not be interactable after the theatre scene.
To Dawnbreak: Completing the quest "Through the Ashes" before "To Dawnbreak" no longer results in getting blocked.
Breaking the Barrier: The shards will now always appear properly when on the quest step "Use the Runed Talisman on the Wards."

Bangkorai
The Waking Darkness: Fixed an issue that would prevent Preinrha from spawning if she previously got stuck.
A City in Black: Fixed an issue that would prevent Strastnoc from respawning after being killed.

Deshaan
Search and Rescue: You will now always be able to interact with the egg under all circumstances.
The Dungeon Delvers: Increased the number of Dwarven Spiders in the area to accommodate more players.

Glenumbra
Season of Harvest: You will now always be able to throw dirt onto the fire.
Reclaiming the Elements: Fixed an issue where the portal stone could not be used when looking at certain areas in front of the Wyrd Tree.
Vines and Villians: Fixed an issue where the quest would not advance after freeing Marie Orinth.

Grahtwood
Heart of the Matter: Killing Ulkaezai and absorbing her spirit will now always correctly advance the quest.
Eyes of Azura: You will now always be able to interact with the journal pages.
A Lasting Winter: It is now possible to advance the quest if you fight General Endare and die.
The Unquiet Dead: Fixed an issue that allowed other players to kill the target before the Bone Scepter animation completed.
Blood Hunt: Fixed an issue where the vampire event would not always spawn after interacting with the fountain.
Forgotten Soul: The Central Welkynd Stone is now interactable on the quest step "Attune Surrounding Welkynd Stones."

Guilds
The Prismatic Core: Killing the boss while Merric is stunned will no longer break the quest.
Proving the Deed: Aelif will now always respawn properly if she gets stuck, or if you die while following her to Ragnthar.
Proving the Deed: Updated the pins on your compass that lead you to the boat to take you from Wayrest to Alik'r.
Circus of Cheerful Slaughter: Fixed an issue where one of the Aldmeri actors would get stuck and despawn, blocking the quest from advancing.

Khenarthi's Roost
Storm on the Horizon: Razum-dar will now always appear at the proper location.

Reaper's March
Hadran's Fall: Tand will no longer get stuck when being freed.
Hadran's Fall: Fixed an issue where the quest could break if you kill Hadren, leave the room, and quickly return.
Stonefire Machinations: Fixed an issue if any of the Dar-M'Athra got stuck and the quest would break.
Hircine's Gift: Leaving through the portal on the step "Wait for Songamdir to begin the ritual" will now no longer lock you in place.
Questionable Contract: Pircalmo will now always spawn inside Treethane Ranneth's house when on the appropriate step.

Rivenspire
The Lightless Remnant: Verandis has been found and will always appear in the proper location at the end of the quest.
Foul Deeds in the Deep: Thrug, Larzgug and Osgrikh will now always appear at their proper locations, under all circumstances.
Children of Yokuda: The sigil will now always respawn when you leave the area and return with a follower.

Shadowfen
Pull the Last Fang: Captain Nahrevii has been found and will now show up at the appropriate location.

Stonefalls
Climbing the Spire: Fixed an issue where the summoning bowl would sometimes not spawn correctly.

Stros M'Kai
Tip of the Spearhead: Fixed an issue where you could get into a state where you were unable to stun the guard.

The Rift
Yngrel the Bloody: Yngrel the Bloody will now reliably spawn under all circumstances.
A Walk Above the Clouds: It's no longer be possible for "Intense Cold" to remain on you outside of the quest area.

madmike
join:2012-03-19
Waterfall, PA

madmike to shinjuru

to shinjuru
Thanks, Koil
Was wondering when the server has been coming back up after maintenance on Tuesdays and Fridays?
Going to have some Fridays off soon and would be nice to be able to play then.

TheBionic
Premium Member
united state

TheBionic

Premium Member

I had Good Friday off, the server went offline at 7 a.m. and came back up a little before noon.
Asteldian
united kingd

Asteldian to madmike

to madmike
Hard to predict at the moment, with so many fixes occurring it can often result in complications elsewhere, usually maintenance is early morning around 6 or 7am and in theory should only be 3-4 hours assuming no complications.

Cat5
join:2013-04-26

Cat5 to TheBionic

to TheBionic
said by TheBionic:

The game launched on April 4. They extended the early access by 2 days. Since April only has 30 days cards should be charged for the first time either May 2 or 4th I think.

So it's crux time for ESO this weekend. How many of the box sales can they turn into subscriptions? Anyone noticed a drop in players yet? Or anyone not bothering to sub after buying the game?

TheBionic
Premium Member
united state

TheBionic

Premium Member

said by Cat5:

So it's crux time for ESO this weekend. How many of the box sales can they turn into subscriptions? Anyone noticed a drop in players yet? Or anyone not bothering to sub after buying the game?

Actually they announced 5 more days of free time to help compensate for the bugs during the first month, so the billing date will be next week. Sure there will be people not sub after free game time, it's inevitable.

As far as it being 'crux time'...IDK about that. It's not like they're going to fold immediately if they lose a lot of subs. I'm sure there is a number on a chart somewhere where they say 'OK, if we go below THIS number of subscribers kick in the f2p model'... but it's not going to happen next week. Most of the players I interact with who play it regularly seem to love it.

Regardless, I'll still be playing, probably at least until I clear both additional factions, which will take a while. I'm sure there will be a time when I can't bear to log in, happens with every MMO for me, but it hasn't happened here yet.

Cat5

1 recommendation

Cat5

said by TheBionic:

As far as it being 'crux time'...IDK about that.

I didn't mean crux time for F2P, but for the game in general as a massive loss of players will generate negative press like it did with SWTOR. A few people I know of are waiting to see how much of a success it is after the first month before buying it themselves.

I guess I'll see next week

Nightfall
My Goal Is To Deny Yours
MVM
join:2001-08-03
Grand Rapids, MI

Nightfall

MVM

said by Cat5:

said by TheBionic:

As far as it being 'crux time'...IDK about that.

I didn't mean crux time for F2P, but for the game in general as a massive loss of players will generate negative press like it did with SWTOR. A few people I know of are waiting to see how much of a success it is after the first month before buying it themselves.

I guess I'll see next week

A lot of the negative press in SWTOR was well founded. That game was fun to play for a time, but the hardcore players maxed out in a month and then complained that there was no end game. In addition, there was no plans to add end game content. So if you wanted to PvP, you could play Hutt Ball, but that was about it.

In this situation, there is a ton of content, but negative press on the game could be more related to bugs.

Hetzer1138
Premium Member
join:2014-02-04
Luling, LA

Hetzer1138 to Cat5

Premium Member

to Cat5
More reviews like this one and I am sure people are going to stay away. I do enjoy playing the game but the reviewer hit the nail on the head about the PVE play. »www.tomshardware.com/rev ··· 815.html

Uncle Paul
join:2003-02-04
USA

3 recommendations

Uncle Paul

And yet somehow through all the bad press... I still enjoy playing the game. Isn't that what it's really about?

Woody79_00
I run Linux am I still a PC?
Premium Member
join:2004-07-08
united state

Woody79_00

Premium Member

said by Uncle Paul:

And yet somehow through all the bad press... I still enjoy playing the game. Isn't that what it's really about?

Agreed.

I am still enjoying the game myself as well.

I only have one gripe...the Lag...it seems like this game will lag at the most inopportune times....This lag got myself and my guild party killed in Volenfell the other night.

All of us click out mouse button and our weapons do nothing. Fire off Mages Wratch, your hand goes up in the air, you hear the lighting, then nothing...the spell never finishes, but takes your magic away.

I really like this game, but this type of lag will make me cancel if they don't fix it soon.

I still have a long way to go in finishing the game, and im willing to give them more time...but if this type of lag and nonsense is still around 2-3 months from now, then i won't be renewing....because playing PVP like that is just pointless...

From most accounts, about 70% of the player base can't even play in Cyrodiil at all due to the lag makes it unplayable...its part of the reason i have stayed away from PVP thus far....

I just hope they really get this fixed soon.

TheBionic
Premium Member
united state

TheBionic

Premium Member

said by Woody79_00:

said by Uncle Paul:

Agreed.

I am still enjoying the game myself as well.

I only have one gripe...the Lag...it seems like this game will lag at the most inopportune times....This lag got myself and my guild party killed in Volenfell the other night.

All of us click out mouse button and our weapons do nothing. Fire off Mages Wratch, your hand goes up in the air, you hear the lighting, then nothing...the spell never finishes, but takes your magic away.

I really like this game, but this type of lag will make me cancel if they don't fix it soon.

I still have a long way to go in finishing the game, and im willing to give them more time...but if this type of lag and nonsense is still around 2-3 months from now, then i won't be renewing....because playing PVP like that is just pointless...

From most accounts, about 70% of the player base can't even play in Cyrodiil at all due to the lag makes it unplayable...its part of the reason i have stayed away from PVP thus far....

I just hope they really get this fixed soon.

Agreed. It's even frustrating just questing as for my build one mistake can be catastrophic. When I fire off a spell meant to take out the three mele mobs in front of me and the animation happens but it doesn't go off I've got a problem.

That said the difficulty ramps up in VR1 (but not too much), and I've heard the veteran dungeons are pretty brutal. Still having a lot of fun, and still getting a ton of skill points even though my build is pretty much done. I am putting SP into crafting and I got the werewolf disease over the weekend so I may start putting points in that. I can also switch out my armor to heavy rather than light and be more tanky at the cost of the light armor passives, but I haven't leveled up blacksmithing. Alternately I can switch to medium armor, which I haven't worn at all, and respec my attribute points from health to stamina...so many possibilities!

Raible
join:2008-01-23
Plainfield, IN

Raible to Hetzer1138

to Hetzer1138
said by Hetzer1138:

More reviews like this one and I am sure people are going to stay away. I do enjoy playing the game but the reviewer hit the nail on the head about the PVE play. »www.tomshardware.com/rev ··· 815.html

Not completely sure, but I think I'm getting the impression that guy doesn't like the game.

Sorry, but reading a review like that is like reading a piece on a far left/far right politico site. He has the same style of taking a few very valid points/observations about the game and then bending the hell out of them until making it sound like it's the worst game ever to have been developed.

"Shallow, generic, bland, meh, flavorless, vapid, uninspiring, monotonous, ho hum, pedestrian, plodding, mundane, trite, empty, devoid."

Seriously? That's the grand conclusion?
Asteldian
united kingd

Asteldian to Woody79_00

to Woody79_00
Glad me, the wife an my friend are not the only ones suffering lag. Combat is a frustrating experience for us, I am lag free evreywhere I go, but in combat, whether one mob or many, the game becomes unresponsive - abilities don't go off, or do ages later, I have even used my reflective light and actually outrun the balls of fire to reach the mobs.

Death comes often from just nothing happening when I press buttons, or from block not actually blocking until it is too late, or the block graphically occurs but I still take full damage and go flying.

The frustrating thing is that some other friends seem to have no issue at all, which then leads me to think it must be my end, but I have tried everything o check it isn't - checked my download/upload speed, tried reducing video options, overclocked my CPU in case that was a problem. Before I started the early release I even reinstalled a clean version of Windows 7, so I know it is not anything in the background causing issues and it also isn't any Firewall or Antivirus as even when off it does nothing.

So, it seems like it is their end, though it also appears to not be universal.
---

The wierd thing is, despite this very significant issue, I am on whole really enjoying the game still. At level 42 I still loving the quests and killing overland bosses, hunting lorebooks and skyshards. I just really hope some patch magically improves my playability.

Cat5

Cat5 to Uncle Paul

to Uncle Paul
said by Uncle Paul:

Oh God yes.

That said however I'm not a massive ES fan and it's the MMO part for me which is important so I need to be sure it's got a decent PVE end game and that there will be players to play with once I get there.

A lot of people / friends who I respect are saying it's a good game, but they loved Skyrim. Currently I'm edging towards getting it.

Nightfall
My Goal Is To Deny Yours
MVM
join:2001-08-03
Grand Rapids, MI

Nightfall to Asteldian

MVM

to Asteldian
said by Asteldian:

Glad me, the wife an my friend are not the only ones suffering lag. Combat is a frustrating experience for us, I am lag free evreywhere I go, but in combat, whether one mob or many, the game becomes unresponsive - abilities don't go off, or do ages later, I have even used my reflective light and actually outrun the balls of fire to reach the mobs.

I have the exact opposite experience. I don't have any lag when playing this game. I have various friends who play that told me the same thing when it comes to their experience. So it could be the game, but a suggestion I have is to make sure all your drivers are up to date and check the quality of your ISP.

I am not saying this is the case, but it certainly would be the first couple things that I look at.