Premium Member
join:2010-10-16
Springfield, MA

1 edit

IowaCowboy

Premium Member

[DIRECTV] Want to get rid of the TiVo

Heads up guys you warned me.

I'm having issues with the TiVo, it's buggy as hell and it keeps interrupting live TV to record enhanced content. I ordered an H25 from SolidSignal and I'm looking to kick the TiVo to the curb. I really am having buyers remorse on this one. And I called directv and spoke with two different reps and asked if it could be swapped with an HR 24 and they said I'd have to pay for it so I just ordered an H25 and am going to use the Genie for recording.

Question, will I have to pay a penalty for disconnecting the TiVo.

I regret making a $200 mistake.
comp
Premium Member
join:2001-08-16
Evans City, PA

comp

Premium Member

No you can cancel it without paying a fee.. just out the 200
westdc
join:2009-01-25
Amissville, VA

westdc to IowaCowboy

to IowaCowboy
Advise is free, It's not a education unless you pay for it

IowaCowboy
Lost in the Supermarket
Premium Member
join:2010-10-16
Springfield, MA

IowaCowboy

Premium Member

And it's deleting programs to make room for this "DirecTV enhanced content" that I don't know what the heck it is or cannot even access.

I have the New Years Rockin Eve set to delete when space is needed and the DVR is only 25 percent full and it's now in danger of getting deleted to make room for this enhanced content.

NS4683
join:2000-08-25
NJ

NS4683

That exclamation point doesn't mean it will get deleted right away. I have something on my TiVo from a year and a half ago that is like that.

I have a series 3 TiVo and it records suggestions that it will think I would like based on my viewing. That always gets deleted before anything you set yourself to record. You can disable that feature too.