how-to block ads

Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

sbenninger

@challenger.com
reply to AppleGuy

Re: Current deals

Be careful that the 300GB express deal is not the 12 down/512kbps up plan that I go stuck with. The reps will say it is 25/2 but it seems it does not line up with the website.

delius

join:2006-07-30
Dorchester, ON
reply to AppleGuy

The w45. Is extrene. 35/3 for 45 dlrs. 300 limit 8yrs. Free hitron cgn2. 38 for basic digit tv. Is full price. Igot 20pc off pls free pvr. Nextbox 3. I think. They give to anyone. I didnt hv to plead or anything no contracts

AppleGuy
Premium
join:2013-09-08
Canada
Reviews:
·WIND Mobile
·Rogers Hi-Speed
·voip.ms
reply to sbenninger

said by sbenninger :

Be careful that the 300GB express deal is not the 12 down/512kbps up plan that I go stuck with. The reps will say it is 25/2 but it seems it does not line up with the website.

Nah, we're good. Got my 30/3.

morisato

join:2008-03-16
Oshawa, ON
Reviews:
·TekSavvy Cable
·TekSavvy DSL
·ELECTRONICBOX

the funny thing is the 35/3 300gb modem free is Just them matching indies to a tee, so its not a wonderous deal by any strech. make it 45/4 300gb to make it value
--
Every time Someone leaves Sympatico an Angel gets its wings.

AppleGuy
Premium
Canada

With the indies, you DO have to pay modem fee. Either rental (Start) or you pay for it (Teksavvy).

I don't need the speed, I can still stream a couple devices (Apple TV and Roku) without issues, I just wish they offered 500GB instead.

SimplePanda

join:2003-09-22
Toronto, ON
Reviews:
·TekSavvy DSL

said by AppleGuy:

With the indies, you DO have to pay modem fee. Either rental (Start) or you pay for it (Teksavvy).

I don't need the speed, I can still stream a couple devices (Apple TV and Roku) without issues, I just wish they offered 500GB instead.

Wishing an Ontario major ISP (Rogers / Bell) offered caps reasonable to users 2014 is like wishing for a unicorn.

You'd think, with cable/satellite subscriptions down for a third straight quarter that Bell and Rogers will finally figure out nobody wants them to be anything than a reliable dumb pipe.

sbenninger

@rogers.com
reply to AppleGuy

Hmm...when were these deals offered. I was on with relations and they did not have any decent promos...(been a customer since 95). They had nothing with free rentals. still have the same 12/0.5 300gb offer or $20 off a 75/6 250Gb ultimate plan but that's about it. The rep did say the promos have changed....either that or she was not on the ball. Mentioned the code W45 deal and she said that was an old promo from last year. My current promos expire in 2 weeks. Hopefully when I call back they have something better to offer.

AppleGuy
Premium
Canada

You need to cancel. They'll call you back, two week or sooner. I didn't need to keep cable either, but a free PVR..well..might as well. You'll get a letter in the mail.

MrJimi

@rogers.com

I just got off the phone with Rogers retention. I was calling to cancel my Express service mainly due to the download cap. I was offered the same service I have now but with no cap for ~$5 less per month than I'm paying now for the next 24 months. Somewhat begrudgingly I accepted the offer. I was rather shocked to find out such a service would be offered. I guess they are really starting to feel the heat.

sbenninger

@rogers.com

Wow really. I was not offered anything like that...other than you can have unlimited for $30 more a month. I think maybe I just need to talk to another rep.

MrJimi

@rogers.com

A few things to note:
- I have a TV package with them, I imagine this affected the deal.
- I was adamant that the cap was the primary reason I was leaving and detailed the other options I was considering.
- I was put on hold for ~10 minutes (not sure if this was the BS car salesman tactic of talking to the manager to get you "their best deal").

sbenninger

@rogers.com

Ahh very good. I also have TV and 2 mobile phones. I will keep your points in mind when I call back. Thanks!

SimplePanda

join:2003-09-22
Toronto, ON
Reviews:
·TekSavvy DSL
reply to MrJimi

said by MrJimi :

I just got off the phone with Rogers retention. I was calling to cancel my Express service mainly due to the download cap. I was offered the same service I have now but with no cap for ~$5 less per month than I'm paying now for the next 24 months. Somewhat begrudgingly I accepted the offer. I was rather shocked to find out such a service would be offered. I guess they are really starting to feel the heat.

I wish this was the case but the reality is, Rogers retentions has always offered more or less "reasonable" prices for Internet access. Reasonable, compared to what Rogers normally offers, that is.

Basically, if you want to be on Rogers (and despite all the hate on people have for them there are very good reasons to be on Rogers), the way to play it is:

a) Sign up on an intro offer that gives you a discount for 6-12 months.
b) Once your discount runs out, call and ask what other offers are available to reduce costs.
c) If b = none, then cancel. You'll get forward to retentions to actually cancel the service, where you will find b != none anymore.

Wash, rinse, repeat.

yyzlhr

join:2012-09-03
Scarborough, ON
kudos:2

Also if you actually leave for a TPIA, you'll often get an "exclusive" offer in the mail that pretty much matches or often beats TPIA pricing for 8 years.

vincom

join:2009-03-06
Bolton, ON
kudos:1

said by yyzlhr:

Also if you actually leave for a TPIA, you'll often get an "exclusive" offer in the mail that pretty much matches or often beats TPIA pricing for 8 years.

if you are a low usage user, yes, if you are a heavy usage user then no as tpia are priced better for higher bw imho.
if rogers would offer free uploads and free usage between 2-8am and 300gb dl usage then thats a different story
Expand your moderator at work