spc
Search similar:

uniqs

worried girl
@skybroadband.com

worried girl

Anon

[Help] car accident

My boyfriend had a car accident n has since been kicked out of family home is he Still insured .

Doctor Olds
I Need A Remedy For What's Ailing Me.
Premium Member
join:2001-04-19
1970 442 W30

Doctor Olds

Premium Member

said by worried girl :

My boyfriend had a car accident n has since been kicked out of family home is he Still insured .

Only his family would know.
Spensergig
Past my Prime
MVM
join:2000-03-26
Bradenton, FL

Spensergig to worried girl

MVM

to worried girl
Probably not.

Did he have his own policy, or was he driving one of his family's cars?
If the policy was in his name (and the car also, usually), then he'd still be insured until the policy lapses.
If he was just an "additional driver", probably not.

worried girl
@skybroadband.com

worried girl to Doctor Olds

Anon

to Doctor Olds
Can he contact insurance company and explain that he is no longer living there n give them new address or would he have to keep car under that address
rody_44
Premium Member
join:2004-02-20
Quakertown, PA

rody_44 to worried girl

Premium Member

to worried girl
You people are confusing me. Does he pay anything for his insurance or not. If he pays he is probably still insured. If he doesnt pay and he is piggy backing off a family member he probably is not. Not exactly the best time to worry, after a accident.

worried girl
@skybroadband.com

worried girl

Anon

He pays his own insurance n its his own car ect but he has been told that if he changes his address now while the claim is going through his policy will be void n he wont be insured

MEDIAN2k3
Your Ad Here
Premium Member
join:2002-12-04
Howard Beach, NY

MEDIAN2k3 to worried girl

Premium Member

to worried girl
Simple, wait until claim is resolved and change address, I have never heard of an insurance company voiding a claim due to an address change unless of course he moved from one state to another without notifying his insurance but even still its not something that would void a policy.

insurancsuck
@optonline.net

insurancsuck to worried girl

Anon

to worried girl
I was never cared much about grammar, "has since been kicked out" would mean to me the chain of events was

Happy days, Accident, Kicked out. If so, how can the company not cover the accident if the insurance was valid when the accident happened and the car was staying at the insured address.

This sort of makes no sense, even if he moved after the accident I don't see how the insurance can deny the claim for something that has already happened.

Paying the insurance and being the one holding the policy can be different, I paid my insurance, I owned my car, it was registered to the family member who had the policy (as per what the insurance company wanted to insure the car) was it my insurance, no.

As far as moving to another state, the company may not sell insurance in the new state... also see below...

Also while the person is insured they are also not.

The way at least my insurance works, my car has insurance on it, whoever drives it (with my permission for what I said they could (insurance company's words)) is covered under my policy, once my policy limits are exhausted that persons car insurance policy is then used (so secondary to mine) so while the person is insured as well the car is the primary insurance.

So really he is not insured the car is... but as doctor olds said... only his family (more likely the insurance company) would know.

Now it also looks like you are in Europe or so as skyboardband is over in that area... this make it even harder to answer as I believe most people here are from the US/Canada and I know I am, and I have no idea how insurance works over there.
tcope
Premium Member
join:2003-05-07
Sandy, UT

tcope to worried girl

Premium Member

to worried girl
What happens after the accident won't affect the coverage in effect at the time of the loss. Period.

Certainly if it's his policy he's still covered. However, I still suspect he's listed as a driver under someone else's policy. If that is the case then who ever has the policy can leave him on or take him off the policy. Where he's living won't matter.

This all could change if he has regular access to the vehicle and is _not_ listed on the policy.

hortnut
Huh?
join:2005-09-25
PDX Metro

hortnut to worried girl

to worried girl
said by worried girl :

said by worried girl :

Can he contact insurance company and explain that he is no longer living there n give them new address

said by worried girl :

He pays his own insurance n its his own car ect but he has been told that if he changes his address now while the claim is going through his policy will be void n he wont be insured

Where did the accident take place? And where did your boyfriend live at time of accident? Geographical? @skybroadband.com indicates something different that the US or Canada
Note it shows @skybroadband.com - Looking that up, do not see any connection to US or Canada -
Call a Sky agent on: 08442 411 653
Calls to Sky contact centres are free for Sky Talk customers.
BT customers pay 5.1p/min and 13.1p connection. Calls from other providers will vary.
Call a Sky agent on:
08442 411 653
The FamilyBundle £32a month
Over 80 channels
TV Box Sets on demand
and Sky 3D
Over 50 HD channels
240 free-to-air-channels
This being a site that attracts user worldwide, maybe someone will pipe up with some specifics. But since many here are from US and Canada, expect this thread to go on and on, with little relevant information to your boyfriends' accident, unless it happened in US.

Searching UK insurance yielded this:
»en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ve ··· nsurance

Sorry, I have handled many, many thousands of claims of all types, but none outside of the US. Did a lot of work for Lloyd's of London, but again those accidents took place in the US.

bgraham2
join:2001-03-15
Smithtown, NY

bgraham2 to worried girl

to worried girl
What country are you in?
Sky is a British company (My sister has their TV) and as someone else mentioned, you are talking on a US website with mostly USA and Canadian people.
walta
join:2001-05-22
Saint Louis, MO

walta to worried girl

to worried girl
If he left the residence listed on his insurance 6 months before the accident and they find out that’s a problem.

If he left the residence listed on his insurance after the accident change the address as soon as possible.

I would think they should be notified within 30 days of his change of address.

Walta

Grumpy4
Premium Member
join:2001-07-28
NW CT

Grumpy4 to worried girl

Premium Member

to worried girl
If he is named in the policy, and the policy was in good standing at the time of the incident, factors without an element of fraud occurring after the incident should prove irrelevant.

The agent will know for sure. Insurance is contract law. It's doubtful anyone here has read his policy / contract. Different states have different insurance laws as well. I can tell you what CT does, but it may have no relevance to whatever state you're talking about. We can only offer reasonable assumptions. The policy is carved in stone, so to speak. The agent is supposed to be working for the insured.

Another tip, if applicable - if other parties were involved, or damage may have occurred to others property, including state owned guard rails and such, let his insurance agent talk to them. Insurance carriers usually will prorate settlements. A 30 year old telephone pole does not cost the same a s a brand new telephone pole. The difference in settlement cost savings can be significant when prorated properly.