spc
Search similar:

uniqs

Termites
@cox.net

Termites

Anon

[GA] Rate Increase Insane

There has been a insane Rate increase in the Middle Georgia area we just got a Speed increase which they stated was FREE,but here are the Rates

OLD BILL
23.29 TV
69.99 Internet (Premier)
-------
_________
New Bill

26.99 TV
73.99 Internet (Premier)
------

10% increase!! Inflation (2013) 1.2%

New Bill
-------
SlashG42
join:2002-02-13
Metairie, LA

SlashG42

If you call up and are politely upset about it, the reps do have quite a bit of leniency with billing discounts.

chrisf8657
join:2002-01-27
Glendale, AZ

chrisf8657 to Termites

to Termites
We were discussing this same thing in another thread with the same title...
Noone is happy about it - even I pointed out it's a 9% increase - which is absolutely astounding.

Alternatives are going to start being researched...
davidhoffman
Premium Member
join:2009-11-19
Warner Robins, GA

davidhoffman to Termites

Premium Member

to Termites
Options:
1. Go to TVFool at »tvfool.com , AntennaWeb at »www.antennaweb.org/Address.aspx , and Denny's Antenna Service at »www.dennysantennaservice.com to see what is possible using an OTA(Over The Air) antenna. It may be cost effective in the long run to pay for OTA antenna equipment to be installed and to drop the cable TV service you are getting.

It would be best to start out by seeing what you can get from using a plain rabbit ear antenna such as this »www.bestbuy.com/site/ind ··· =1&lp=38

2. It looks like you might be on the TV Economy tier. If that is true, see what the cost for the TV Starter is. I think Cox makes you call to get that one, as I do not see its price listed.

3. Drop from Internet Premier to Internet Preferred . Your cap will drop from 300GB to 250GB.

I know some people who have dropped Cox TV completely and just use the internet options and rabbit ears. The biggest problem is the lack of good quality content for children if you cannot pick up PBS with the rabbit ears or an outside OTA antenna. If you can pick up PBS and all the other digital OTA channels you have a decent basic selection of programming for a family.
Rakeesh
join:2011-10-30
Phoenix, AZ

Rakeesh to chrisf8657

to chrisf8657
Sickbeard.
Sentinel
Premium Member
join:2001-02-07
Florida

Sentinel to Termites

Premium Member

to Termites
Yes, you are not alone. I am looking into alternatives to get rid of some stuff too. No way can I keep doing what I'm doing. And I have been a Cox customer for a long long long time, but it's finally gotten to that point.