Lost in the Supermarket
Premium Member
join:2010-10-16
Springfield, MA
·Comcast XFINITY

IowaCowboy

Premium Member

Re: [Rant] Comcast tries to blame my BRAND NEW router

I went to Best Buy and exchanged the router (Netgear N900) for a Netgear N600, which was originally recommended by the salesman for a Comcast connection. I originally opted for the N900 but since I got $53 back, I didn't see the point in having the more expensive router if it's going to give me the same lousy performance that the internet connection is giving me.

I do have the Blast 50/10.

Now the router is out of the equation. I replaced the modem earlier last year and I'm not forking over another $99 for a new modem. And I absolutely refuse to rent their equipment as you end up with a gateway or a modem that is beat up.

Going to their office in Springfield (Mass) is just as fun as a trip to the Registry of Motor Vehicles, you wait just as long in line and the have the same queuing system where you take a number.

I'm starting to think it could be an over saturated node or like I said, a moisture issue.

Maybe a node split is in the cards. If any Comcast employees read this, I've heard techs refer to the node I'm on as Node 3 in Springfield, MA.

iNick
Premium Member
join:2012-12-11
Joliet, IL

iNick

Premium Member

make sure you have the gigabit N600 the one I originally bought wasn't and gave me problems lol so I went out a few months later and bought the WNDR4000 N750. Which is Gigabit & ect...

tshirt
Premium Member
join:2004-07-11
Snohomish, WA

tshirt to IowaCowboy

Premium Member

to IowaCowboy
Don't think it was you or even your node, seems a number of people had problems today.