spc

spacer

how-to block ads

Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

@rogers.com

Rogers door to door ?

my father (age 71) said that someone from Rogers was at his house today to ask him if he is satisfied with his service, and since he has been a Rogers customer for 19+ years , he will give him a 25% discount on his cable services for 12 months

he had my father put his initials on the ipad, gave his business card and left

anyone know what this is all about ? sounds a bit fishy

yyzlhr

join:2012-09-03
Scarborough, ON
kudos:4
Rogers is bleeding TV customers. They're sending door to door agents to areas where they feel people are at risk of switching to bell fibe.

audiofool

join:2000-11-22
London Ont
kudos:1
reply to Guest
If it not his intention to sign with Rogers, he should call to confirm that they do not have an install order for him. The 'please initial to show I was here' is a common ploy used by energy retailer door-to-door sales to enrol customers without consent .....FWIW.

cepnot4me

join:2013-10-29
L0C 1K0
kudos:3
Reviews:
·TekSavvy DSL
reply to Guest
It may or may not be a scam as noted above. Door to door is a heavy part of the Rogers field operations. it should be noted, every door to door contact is recorded. Your father or you with his permission can call Rogers to validate the visit was sanctioned.
That being said, field Ops will send various types of people for various purposes. Quality Assurance reps will follow behind service or installation technicians within a matter of a week or less to inspect that we followed installation policies, as well as to review the customers overall happiness with their services. If your father had any work done (even if no one came inside) then QA may have visited. As well, they survey low penetration areas to see why an area had a low subscriber count. And yes, they check areas that Bell is aggressively taking over in hopes to retain those customers.
We also do door to door if a house shows up on a leakage report.

The worst that can happen to your father is he does get 25% off, but by doing so he agreed to a 1-3 year term. Which, I recommend to everyone as something they should do if they aren't on contract and have no intention to cancel. 25% to leave things as they are? Sold!

yyzlhr

Scarborough, ON
said by cepnot4me:

The worst that can happen to your father is he does get 25% off, but by doing so he agreed to a 1-3 year term. Which, I recommend to everyone as something they should do if they aren't on contract and have no intention to cancel. 25% to leave things as they are? Sold!

Rogers no longer does contracts on residential services.

cepnot4me

L0C 1K0
Rogers still does contracts.. I install those contracts every day. they are called promotions, term offers, or so on.. but it is still a contract.

yyzlhr

Scarborough, ON
said by cepnot4me:

Rogers still does contracts.. I install those contracts every day. they are called promotions, term offers, or so on.. but it is still a contract.

They can call it whatever they want, but they have no more ECFs.

cepnot4me

L0C 1K0
There are still fees. It's just not determined by the months left in your contract.

yyzlhr

Scarborough, ON
That is not correct.

cdeen

join:2013-02-04
Mississauga, ON
+1

cepnot4me

L0C 1K0
Reviews:
·TekSavvy DSL
reply to yyzlhr
I'm pretty sure your looking at/into the elimination of ECF Dec 2013, by the CRTC. This ruling, and also some legislation in New Brunswick made Rogers change their stand on ECF. I will quote my bulletin, sent from Rogers to inform us of the changes. "Due to laws regarding ECF's promotional credits can only be used for hardware and installation. Excess credits cannot be used to offset MSF charges"

So, you won't pay a premium based on the months remaining in your contract.

However, Rogers CAN and with some products WILL charge you for canceling. They will charge you the installation fee they "waived" when you signed up. Or they will charge you the unpromoted cost of any Hardware you are provided (to own) at the end of term.

Example, Rogers gives you a Next box 3.0 for signing up for cable right now. You own it at the end of the term... for smart home monitoring, you can order up to $400/$500 of sensors and hardware on a 3 year term at no upfront cost. if you cancel early, they can bill you for all of the hardware AND the $99 install fee. All of which was free through the credit you got for signing a 3 year term.

My point about it is, you can be billed an amount after you cancel early, you can't cancel midterm assuming there won't be any cost, or new charges on your bill. It is structured into the promotion your given, but just changed to meet the new laws. But not on all products, example right now is there is no fee for canceling Internet, except maybe, $50 for installation if it was waived. (but I don't think they are waiving it anymore).
And that is the reason is its not promoted heavily, ($10 off for 3 months, etc.) And the modem rental charge is making them a killing. In order to get the promotion, you have to rent the modem. So it works out in the wash for them.

They just cant/wont bill you an amount that is relative to "loss of buisness" for them. THAT type of fee, no longer exists. However, There are still things and ways to bill you for leaving mid term.