spc

spacer

how-to block ads

Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

Gidge

join:2014-01-07

[TV] BH now charging for Digital Adapter delivery?

Hi, I was referred here by an admin of another site I frequent who thought y'all might be interested in my experience with BH yesterday, Jan 6, 2014. I'm in Central FL.

I phoned BH yesterday to request a Digital Adapter delivered to my home. The letter I received from BH, dated Dec 5, 2013, stated that delivery was "at no additional charge."
That's exactly what the BH webpage states too.

But when I phoned, I was told that there was now a $29.95 charge for delivery of the Digital Adapter and that the "offer" for delivery at no additional charge "expired a month ago."

Yes, we were talking about the same Digital Adapter mentioned in the letter I received. The Customer Service Rep pointed out that two adapters were free of charge until Jan 2015 and after that there would be a $2 per month charge and that I would need an adapter prior to March, 2014 when their change takes effect.

I protested that on the BH website and letter I received there was no mention of a charge for delivery nor was there a deadline or expiration date for delivery "at no additional charge" stated anywhere. I am unable to pick up the adapter at the BH office.

Finally, the rep put me on hold in order to ask her supervisor to waive the $29.95 delivery charge and it was waived. But had I not protested I'm sure I would have had to pay this delivery fee.

And yes, I filed a complaint with BH via their website right after I got off the phone. It's outrageous, imo, for BH to send letters and post on their website that delivery is free and then try to charge $29.95 for delivery this adapter. I wonder how many other customers might not protest and actually be charged for delivery?

Thanks for listening.

Gidge

telijah
Premium
join:2013-04-22
Saint Petersburg, FL
Reviews:
·Bright House

You should post actual details of your experience to the Direct forum to let Gary (BHNTechXpert) handle it. I know you've already gotten the charge waived and already complained, but Gary can ensure this was either a fluke or a problem needing addressing. Otherwise, this post accomplishes nothing, especially for those like myself who have never had any issues with BHN or their customer service. While I know there is usually no charge for the DA, where on the site did you find this, as I cannot.

Gidge

Thank you. As a newbie I was confused as to where to post it.

Here's the link I found:

»brighthouse.com/central-florida/···-adapter

telijah
Premium
join:2013-04-22
Saint Petersburg, FL
Reviews:
·Bright House

Yup, clear as day I wonder if the customer service rep you were dealing with was confusing it with maybe a tuning adapter? Although, I do not know if there is a charge for delivering tuning adapters... I am also baffled that they said you could not locally pick one up either.

Gidge

Sorry I wasn't more clear. I personally can't pick one up because I'm disabled and hubby works. Not BH's fault but mine.

BHNtechXpert
BHN Staff
Premium,VIP
join:2006-02-16
Saint Petersburg, FL
kudos:148
reply to Gidge

I have responded to your direct forums thread....