Guspaz
Guspaz
Premium,MVM
join:2001-11-05
Montreal, QC
kudos:23
reply to Sky11

Re: [DSL] SmartRG sync issues

Well, the fix was definitely an updated firmware.

Teddy Boom
k kudos Received
Premium
join:2007-01-29
Toronto, ON
kudos:21
Is there a way to tell if stinger mode is running, other than being on a stinger and watching for the sync light?
--
electronicsguru.ca

TSI Andre
Got TekSavvy?
Premium,VIP
join:2008-06-03
Chatham, ON
kudos:25
You would have to extract the config file.

Teddy Boom
k kudos Received
Premium
join:2007-01-29
Toronto, ON
kudos:21
said by TSI Andre:

You would have to extract the config file.

Right.. With the August 2013 firmware, the stinger mode setting is not reflected on the current settings no matter what I do (update default --> factory reset doesn't work, update running --> reboot doesn't work). That seems inconsistent with whatever is actaully happening though. Otherwise a lot more people would be having issues!?

I just upgraded one to the January 2014 firmware, still no stinger mode in running config (that's okay, it wasn't there in running config before the upgrade either, this is correct behaviour). I did a factory reset and stinger mode appeared in running config for the first time, as expected. Rebooted and running config still shows stinger mode on. That's encouraging

I'd love to understand exactly what's been happening around this issue, but... Well, I guess I really need to get a VDSL service now :(
--
electronicsguru.ca

lleader

join:2011-01-01
Mississauga, ON
said by Teddy Boom:

I'd love to understand exactly what's been happening around this issue, but...

+1
--
If a man speaks in the forest, and there are no women to hear him, is he still wrong?

Draeta

@teksavvy.com
reply to Teddy Boom
I am skeptical whether <X_SMARTRG_COM_StingerMode> will put SmartRG in "Stinger mode" in a real sense. First off X_SMARTRG_COM_StingerMode tag is in <DeviceInfo> section and it seems to be mere informational type of stuff. Secondly, I am on a Stinger remote and have been running SmartRG (Start Communications config) [TSI login] in bridge mode without any issues. I did loose ~2-3 Mb download speed recently - also reported by other users like Guspaz [ »Re: [DSL] SmartRG - semi-minor problem... ]. The current running config I have on does not have StingerMode line but the modem syncs without a hitch and works great. This is the current uptime from the Device Info page: 29D 6H ... (almost a month!).

McFalski

join:2004-05-21
North York, ON
Same here. I've been running D2.5.0.2013:08:18 firmware pretty nicely without the StingerMode switch. (xDSL stats shows interleaver depth = 1, and no sync issues)