kudos:3
Reviews:
·Frontier Communi..
reply to NVSeeker

Re: Different DSL issue - HELP !!

The firmware is located here:

»seansite.dyndns.org/frontierfaq/···nt/7550/

It is not hard to install.

The modem transceiver statistic would be very helpful.

I was originally told that by Frontier CSR also, but other Frontier employees have stated differently. There should not be an issue with them to push it out. The idea of placing a timer on the power is ridiculous.

NCSeeker

@bellsouth.net
Thanks Hank. I'll try it out when I go up there.

NCSeeker

@bellsouth.net
reply to Hank
Hank, I appreciate the help. I'll give the firmware a shot when I get back to the cabin.

atigerman

join:2002-01-19
Tigerton, WI
reply to Hank

said by Hank See ProfileThe idea of placing a timer on the power is ridiculous.

Not in so many ways. When ever i have an issue, it seems the first thing support always asks is have you power cycled? So i put a timer on my 7550 so i can always reply, yes every day :-\

Hank
Searching for a new Frontier
Premium
join:2002-05-21
Burlington, WV
Reviews:
·Frontier Communi..
I do have to agree there atigerman, but that doesn't auto answer the other two or three scripted questions they normally ask. How can you remotely supply the various led questions? Well if you painted them a solid color could resolve those questions.

atigerman

join:2002-01-19
Tigerton, WI
My only two thoughts would be a brown out "but i've never had that happen so i don't know how that will effect the modem" OR the modem is doing a soft reboot?

Hank
Searching for a new Frontier
Premium
join:2002-05-21
Burlington, WV
Reviews:
·Frontier Communi..
From experience my modems normally rebooted. A couple folks reported that theirs locked up. There not the best, frankly I use them as a modem only just because I was tired of listening to Frontier saying the problem was that I was not using an approved modem/router. The Thompson device I was using prior to that were much more robust and very reliable even when I used to also preform the routing function.