spc
Search similar:

uniqs
James_C
join:2007-08-03
Florence, KY

James_C

TWC TV Website On Demand Changes?

I recently started watching some shows on twctv.com on my computer (Firefox, Silverlight)
I was able to login, watch all the live streaming shows they offered, and many of the On Demand offerings.

I noticed that some had the triangular play icon and I could watch those, but a few wouldn't play, perhaps 35% to 40% had a key icon showing up when I hovered over it and the text "Please Call 1-800-TWCABLE If You'd Like To Enjoy This Content".

Now here's the odd part. I come back to their site today and every single thing on the On Demand list has that key and message, even shows I had previously watched that were in my "Recently Watched" list at the top now show the key icon and message quoted above and are no longer watchable.

What gives? Were they only allowing X # of views to a new account and now the On Demand portion of the site is worthless if I don't enroll in some higher tiered account? I never received any message to suggest that, On Demand just worked one day and now nothing is available, all locked out.

I do have their standard 70+ channel CATV plan which on their main site makes it look as though these should work, although on the same site the "Live TV" channels offered do work.

Is there now nothing available through On Demand on twctv.com intentionally, or is it a website glitch, or a limitation on my account, or ??

hobgoblin
Sortof Agoblin
Premium Member
join:2001-11-25
Orchard Park, NY

hobgoblin

Premium Member

There were a number of issues today with online content.

Hob
James_C
join:2007-08-03
Florence, KY

James_C

The issue still persists today, although now there's at least a (very) few selections from TNT that are viewable.
James_C

James_C

Don't know when it was fixed but I checked into TWCTV.com today and it seems to be working correctly again, with a majority of the On Demand shows watchable and only a minority locked out without a STB.