uniqs
travelguy
join:1999-09-03
Bismarck, ND
Asus RT-AC68
Ubiquiti NSM5

travelguy

Belkin Linksys Announced Sucessor to WRT54G: WRT1900AC

"The new version, dubbed the WRT1900AC, will be powered by a 1.2GHz dual-core ARM-compatible processor with 128MB of flash memory and 256MB of DDR3 RAM. It will also support dual-band 802.11ac wireless networking at speeds of up to 1.3Gbps, in addition to all previous 802.11 protocols..."

»www.linksys.com/en-us/pr ··· tworking

fatmanskinny
Premium Member
join:2004-01-04
Wandering

fatmanskinny

Premium Member

I just saw it on their website. I was just thinking that I need to upgrade my network from the WRT54GLs I have. I am looking forward to the WRT1900AC.

lordpuffer
Legalize It Joe!
Premium Member
join:2004-09-19
Old Town, ME

lordpuffer to travelguy

Premium Member

to travelguy
Thanks for the info....I may be looking for another router to eventually replace my E4200v2. The only thing I'm concerned with regarding Linksys now is that they are owned by Belkin.
travelguy
join:1999-09-03
Bismarck, ND
Asus RT-AC68
Ubiquiti NSM5

travelguy

said by lordpuffer:

I may be looking for another router to eventually replace my E4200v2.

I replaced my E4200v1 with Netgear Nighthawk R7000. Although I've seen reports of issues with the R7000, it's been working very well for me.

KoRnGtL15
Premium Member
join:2007-01-04
Grants Pass, OR

KoRnGtL15 to travelguy

Premium Member

to travelguy
Such a beast of a router. Still rocking my Linksys E4200 v1 since it first came out and still rock solid. Will upgrade when it comes out. I just have to get it!

weaseled386
join:2008-04-13
Edgewater, FL

weaseled386 to travelguy

to travelguy
Hopefully it'll be a beast like the WRT54G was, but my God... $300 MSRP!?

Johkal
Cool Cat
MVM
join:2002-11-13
Pennsyltucky

1 edit

Johkal

MVM

I doubt it will be $300. Gear is always high-balled before release.
bbear2
Premium Member
join:2003-10-06
dot.earth

bbear2 to lordpuffer

Premium Member

to lordpuffer
Is it really Belkin now? I was just on the Linksys site per the link about and cisco is trying to set cookies.

lordpuffer
Legalize It Joe!
Premium Member
Old Town, ME
Nokia XS-110G-A
Linksys Velop MX5300

lordpuffer

Premium Member

said by bbear2:

Is it really Belkin now? I was just on the Linksys site per the link about and cisco is trying to set cookies.

Yes, it's now Belkin. They bought Linksys last March of 2013:

»www.belkin.com/us/pressr ··· 8542012/
bbear2
Premium Member
join:2003-10-06
dot.earth

bbear2

Premium Member

Guess they haven't moved all the servers or server names yet.

lordpuffer
Legalize It Joe!
Premium Member
Old Town, ME
Nokia XS-110G-A
Linksys Velop MX5300

lordpuffer to travelguy

Premium Member

to travelguy
said by travelguy:

said by lordpuffer:

I may be looking for another router to eventually replace my E4200v2.

I replaced my E4200v1 with Netgear Nighthawk R7000. Although I've seen reports of issues with the R7000, it's been working very well for me.

I'm glad it's working well for you. I once had a Netgear Router and had a bad experience with it. So, my next Router will either be a Belkin/Linksys or an Asus. I would wait until the WRT1900AC is out for a while and check out the reviews.

Hard Harry7
join:2010-10-19
Narragansett, RI

1 edit

Hard Harry7 to travelguy

to travelguy
The great blue hope for Linksys? Something to pull them out of the ugly belly of Belkin? Could be a pre-release build though, I know the RT-N66U changed ALOT before release, so fingers crossed!

Here is some info I came across while researching

CES Booth

»www.youtube.com/watch?v= ··· XXfU-bGQ

Wifi Cert
»certifications.prod.wi-f ··· WFA50538

::Edit:: FCC ID I had was incorrect. Will update once confirmed.

Or search manually for FCC ID here
»transition.fcc.gov/oet/ea/fccid/

Thane_Bitter
Inquire within
Premium Member
join:2005-01-20

Thane_Bitter to weaseled386

Premium Member

to weaseled386
Don't laugh but that is about how much I paid for my original wireless B band router way back when.

Hard Harry7
join:2010-10-19
Narragansett, RI

Hard Harry7

Too old to edit.

Can't find the FCCID anywhere..its possible they haven't released it, but usually they have to to show it at CES. I dug through all the recent Linksys AND Belkin entries and nadda. Wiki, OC's and TomsHardware also came up blank. Anyone else have any luck? I want to see internals. I don't trust Belkin on build quality.

The best I could find was this video, but its CGI so take it with a grain of salt. It does show what looks like a decent thermal sink across both the CPU and Wireless chip. So....::fingers crossed::

»www.youtube.com/watch?v= ··· uY49L3X4

lordpuffer
Legalize It Joe!
Premium Member
Old Town, ME
Nokia XS-110G-A
Linksys Velop MX5300

lordpuffer to travelguy

Premium Member

to travelguy
It would be happening now. I may be interested in getting this router when it comes out (if the price is not too outrageous), for my E4200v2 is giving me problems. It's a refurb that I've had over one year, and I keep losing signal on my devices, wired and wireless.

Mike Wolf
join:2009-05-24
Tuckerton, NJ

Mike Wolf

Well it's now at the end of March and still no word as to when this will be going on sale. I've had my eye on this since it was first debuted back in January and I really hope that it is going to be good. I do like that it can be loaded up on third party firmware though I personally still like the classic interface before Linksys started doing the Smart Router Cloud thing. With so many third party firmware providers out I don't know which one to use. I wish there was a provider of that classic interface. Anyone have any suggestions?
Mike Wolf

Mike Wolf to travelguy

to travelguy
CNET and PCWorld reviews »www.cnet.com/products/li ··· -router/ »www.pcworld.com/article/ ··· ted.html