Search similar:

uniqs
dblclik0
join:2006-01-10
Farmer City, IL

dblclik0

[IL] Mediacom Billing

Hi,

I am wondering if there is anyone at Mediacom that can help me with my account. I have been a long time customer 6+ years and have been very happy with Mediacom services however I am not happy with Mediacom billing.

I have all three services with Mediacom and I am paying over 170 dollars a month for 1 DVR .. 2 DTA boxes, 15 megs internet, and phone and modem services.

I know if I switch to the Dish or Direct Tv. I can get all new equipment and cheaper rates and more channels and pay for the premium stations and just keep Mediacom for Internet and Phone service.

I went online and checked for promotions for my address and see you are offering phone for 4.95 a month for two years including a modem along with 30 megs internet for 14.95 for a year!

MediacomChad
Mediacom Social Media Relations Team
Premium Member
join:2010-01-20
Gulf Breeze, FL

MediacomChad

Premium Member

Hello dblclik0,

I would be happy to look over your account and see what we can do for you in regards to your billing. I'm happy to hear you have liked the service so far and I'd like to keep you as a customer. If you could go ahead and send me a private message with your account or phone number so I can pull up your information and see what deals we have available for you.
dblclik0
Farmer City, IL

dblclik0

Thanks for your help. At first the rep was telling me there was nothing she could do and then I mentioned whole house DVR with Tivo and she then went back and checked that she could help me out....

What I ended up doing and I'm not sure about this.... Is going with Whole house DVR from Tivo with 2 mini's. She increased my internet speed from 15 megs to 30 megs and I keep my unlimited phone.

This took my bill from 170+ a month down to 152.00 after taxes for the first year and then to 167.68 the second.

So I am happy. If anyone can provide input on the TIVO I would appreciate it. Is there good/bad equipment versions?

MediacomChad
Premium Member
Gulf Breeze, FL

MediacomChad

Premium Member

I am glad that she was able to help you! Let me know here if you have any other questions or issues and I will be more than happy to assist you however I can.
dblclik0
Farmer City, IL

dblclik0

They installed My equipment today and it went smooth!

The only problem I had is that I wanted to two or three more tv's. They told me I wasn't allowed to do that many. However the techs said they installed a house with 6 of them. So then I called back the retentions department and they said that they would give me another tivo box and that it would change the package rates. I was expecting to pay more.... However they came back and told me my new rates were going to be 131.84 after taxes the first year and 141.34 the second.

SO I SAVED MY SELF AROUND 48+ dollars a month OVER WHAT I WAS PAYING LAST MONTH.

MediacomChad
Premium Member
Gulf Breeze, FL

MediacomChad

Premium Member

I am glad to hear that the rep was able to get this done for you, and that you were able to save some money!