uniqs
markysharkey
Premium Member
join:2012-12-20
united kingd

markysharkey

Premium Member

[Info] Which Cisco VOIP router?

Afternoon all and a Happy New Year to you all.
First thing, I'm not a voice guy but I can handle the basics.
I need to spec a VoIP system for an SMB with around 40 seats. My choice is between Call Manager Express on a 2921 or 2951, or the UC540. I have some experience with CME and zip with the GUI driven UC. BUT the question is, which is the best fit? I'll be supporting it for the forseeable future so I'm 70/30 in favour of CME 'cos of my aforementioned experience and I tend to prefer the CLI, but I'd like to hear opinions. The only feature I really want on top of basic call and voicemail functionality is click to dial via Outlook.
OK, the floor is open...

TomS_
Git-r-done
MVM
join:2002-07-19
London, UK

TomS_

MVM

Didnt I hear something recently about the UC series being EOL soon/already?

Or maybe Im dreaming.

Also isnt there a GUI that can be used to configure a CME installation?

Maybe Im dreaming twice, or I just dont know anything on this subject.
markysharkey
Premium Member
united kingd

markysharkey

Premium Member

The CME comes with all the files loaded to support CCP so there is a GUI built in but I don't like it, and even with a small amount of experience, it isn't particularly intuitive.
And yes the UC is EOL this month. I forgot! Cisco BE6000 is the new version. If memory serves it's a whole lot more expensive than the UC. I need to get a quote from my channel partner.

Voretex
@comcastbusiness.net

Voretex

Anon

For 40 users, a BE6000 is just silly. CME is the way to go.
aryoba
MVM
join:2002-08-22

aryoba to markysharkey

MVM

to markysharkey
I thought Call Manager Express has been deprecated. The replacement is now Unified Communications Manager Express
markysharkey
Premium Member
united kingd

markysharkey

Premium Member

I had heard that CME was going EOL. But yes it looks to me (from a 5 minute squint at Cisco.com) like UCME = CME.
Either way I'm in for a 2901 or a 2911.
Thanks guys, that was quick and painless!