All Forums Hot Topics Gallery
spc
Search similar:

uniqs
rayven1lk
join:2013-10-05

rayven1lk

I want to get off TWC's modem lease

So I've got their phone and internet service and they pushed one of their ubee dvw3201b routers since it had emta and at the time I had the SB6141 which doesn't include the telephone jack. Can anyone please advise me on what I should do in order to get off the lease and preserve my phone service? Thanks.

Pegasus
Premium Member
join:2008-01-04
united state

Pegasus

Premium Member

Just buy your own modem for the internet.

call and they will move your internet to your modem you purchase and your voice will stay on the ubee, they balance the modems and your good to go.

They dont have lease fee's for eMTA's, its built into the cost of the service.

Just make sure you keep your receipt for your purchased modem.
rayven1lk

rayven1lk

Sounds good. But how does that work? Is there some kinda splitter I'm supposed to get?

AMDUSER
Premium Member
join:2003-05-28
Earth,
ARRIS CM8200
ARRIS SB6183

AMDUSER

Premium Member

Just go to the cable office and get one.. usually for minimal cost.
The stuff that most cable co. use is better then retail cable splitters. Otherwise check on ebay for a antronix or regal cable splitter rated to 1,000 Mhz / 1 Ghz ...

Example: »www.ebay.com/itm/2-way-C ··· 79778197

-Not affiliated with that seller.

Pegasus
Premium Member
united state

Pegasus to rayven1lk

Premium Member

to rayven1lk
you could also just approach a TWC van, ive never had a tech turn me away when i asked for a splitter or a small section of cable.

At the cable office if they hand you a splitter with the blue Time Warner eye on it throw it away, those are garbage. Like AMDUSER said the antronix are good. Ive also had good experience with EVOLUTION stuff if you come across one of those.

DevilOnE
Fozzie the buttplug, Vu the shitkicker
Premium Member
join:2003-12-12
Evansville, IN

DevilOnE to rayven1lk

Premium Member

to rayven1lk
when they swapped us to the Arris modem after the insight buyout. I have never gotten charged for the modem or rental fee.
rayven1lk

rayven1lk to Pegasus

to Pegasus
If I approach them about using my own modem though, will they still let me keep the ubee? because this modem has internet/wi-fi/emta functionality. I doubt they want me keeping that equipment just for a $10 phone connection.

And I already have my Motorolla SB6141 which I can make use of.
waycoolphil
join:2000-09-22
Cathedral City, CA

waycoolphil

I furnished my own SB6141 and TWC furnished the Arris phone modem and they don't charge a fee for it. You'll need to furnish your own router too. I doubt they'll let you keep the ubee.

Pegasus
Premium Member
united state

Pegasus to rayven1lk

Premium Member

to rayven1lk
said by rayven1lk:

If I approach them about using my own modem though, will they still let me keep the ubee? because this modem has internet/wi-fi/emta functionality. I doubt they want me keeping that equipment just for a $10 phone connection.

And I already have my Motorolla SB6141 which I can make use of.

If you already have the modem then all you have to do is call, All they will do is re provision the ubee so the voice side of the modem will only function, the internet side of the modem & wifi wont function at all, The status lights from what i remember for internet & wifi wont even illuminate.

That is how my set up was before i went to signature home, I owned the same Motorola modem & had a UBEE combo just as my eMTA.