uniqs
Mont
join:2006-05-02
Saint-Leonard, QC

Mont

[Help] Broken Nissan Altima 2005 passenger mirror

Click for full size
Click for full size
Hi , my dad broke the passenger mirror and i think the only solution is to replace the whole mirror but i would like to know what are the difference between the mirror from the car dealer or the body shop since i would like to get it fixed but the car dealer is 450$ and the body shop is 250$.

I have some pictures of the mirror and im also wondering if the water will cause any issues to the car if don't plan on fixing it immediately.

Thanks

Cho Baka
MVM
join:2000-11-23
there

Cho Baka

MVM

On a largely cosmetic part for a 9 year old car in Quebec (rust capital of Canada?), I would probably go for the cheapo.

Fit, finish, etc may not be as nice, but I would probably tolerate it in this case.
Mont
Saint-Leonard, QC

Mont

Thanks , the car is well maintained and I know that if the body shop one doesn't fit well , I won't have any choice to go with the nissan one to avoid any argument with my dad.

I was also looking to see if it's easy to install as the blue cover is in perfect condition so I would just have to buy the mirror and put the blue cover.

Thanks

Cho Baka
MVM
there

Cho Baka

MVM

Sometimes the dealer will sell sub-components of the mirror assy.

The only catch is that you need to look very carefully at what you have, and make sure you catch all the damaged parts. If you miss some, you may find that you were further ahead buying an assembly.
HarryH3
Premium Member
join:2005-02-21

HarryH3 to Mont

Premium Member

to Mont
Go aftermarket. I see replacement mirror assemblies on RockAuto.com for as little as $26 plus shipping.

Hall
MVM
join:2000-04-28
Germantown, OH

Hall

MVM

said by HarryH3:

Go aftermarket. I see replacement mirror assemblies on RockAuto.com for as little as $26 plus shipping.

I'd definitely look at this option as well. I got a driver's side mirror for my 99 Accord for less than $30. It looks exactly like the original (so much so, that I'm convinced the manufacturer built the molds from the original design or prints).
telco_mtl
join:2012-01-06

2 recommendations

telco_mtl to Mont

to Mont
just checked Lecavalier, they have heated, power and manual in stock. Power heated is 55$ and they deliver to montreal FREE

Cho Baka
MVM
there

Cho Baka to Mont

MVM

to Mont
I wish I could get a heated mirror for my car - even if I had to wire it up.

Vchat20
Landing is the REAL challenge
Premium Member
join:2003-09-16
Columbus, OH

Vchat20

Premium Member

Most have the option these days that I've seen. And if you have the option, it is usually prewired for it. I've looked this up in both my '07 Focus, my Mom's '07 Sportage, and my brother's '06 Optima. All have the option and are prewired and activate off the rear defrost. Heck, heated power mirrors on my Focus run between $25-$35 on Rockauto. Tax refund comes, that's one of the first upgrades.

Semi-along those lines I found it cool that the Sportage had the option for wiper park heater (a thick defrost strip on the windshield where the wipers park). Unfortunately THAT option requires the auto climate control which would be much more complex to swap out.
telco_mtl

telco_mtl

said by Vchat20:

Most have the option these days that I've seen. And if you have the option, it is usually prewired for it. I've looked this up in both my '07 Focus, my Mom's '07 Sportage, and my brother's '06 Optima. All have the option and are prewired and activate off the rear defrost. Heck, heated power mirrors on my Focus run between $25-$35 on Rockauto. Tax refund comes, that's one of the first upgrades.

Semi-along those lines I found it cool that the Sportage had the option for wiper park heater (a thick defrost strip on the windshield where the wipers park). Unfortunately THAT option requires the auto climate control which would be much more complex to swap out.

you would be surprised what is "already" in some cars. my 97 grand prix had the basic 1 zone climate control. When one of the damper servos went i discovered it had the same plenum as the dual zone, so off the the wreckers and got the dual zone controls. wouldnt you know it, it worked
Mont
Saint-Leonard, QC

1 edit

Mont to telco_mtl

to telco_mtl
Thanks , il check with them , i think i could install a heated one and it would work since reading the user manual the defrost button also work's for the mirrors.
telco_mtl

telco_mtl

said by Mont:

Thanks , il check with them , i think i could install a heated one and it would work since reading the manual the defrost also work's for the mirrors.

if you are the least bit handy kennys u pull in laval is a good source for parts too

Cho Baka
MVM
there

Cho Baka to Mont

MVM

to Mont
Check the door frame where the mirror mounts. Sometimes the metal there gets bent when the mirror has been hit.

If it is bent, you should be able to tap it back into place.
Mont
Saint-Leonard, QC

Mont

Ok thanks , i won't be able to do it now as some other problems came up but once everything goes well il look into this.

Thanks
Mont

Mont

Click for full size
Click for full size
Click for full size
Click for full size
I hope somebody can help as some weeks ago someone broke the mirror on driver side so since i decided to investigate on whether the heated mirror would work or not.

Here are the pictures of the wires and the fuse box maybe someone can help me since i was reading that 5 wires means the heated mirros would work but i would like to know if someone can tell me.

Thanks
Mont

Mont

I finally bought the mirrors , i choosed electric + heated since it was cheaper than electric only. I turned the defrost and they heated which it's a very good thing.

When i removed the original mirrors i noticed that the heating elements were there and the wires were connected for it eventhough they were non heating mirror.

Thanks to everyone for helping.

Thanks