share rss forum feed

pike
Premium,MVM
join:2001-02-01
Washington, DC
kudos:3
reply to TheMG

Re: [Environmental] Re: OOPS... DelMarva Power and Thermostats

I considered that but I assume (erroneously perhaps) that homes using electricity for heat are the minority. I believe the last figure I saw was somewhere around 35%, which very well could be out of date.

CylonRed
Premium,MVM
join:2000-07-06
Bloom County

said by pike:

I considered that but I assume (erroneously perhaps) that homes using electricity for heat are the minority. I believe the last figure I saw was somewhere around 35%, which very well could be out of date.

However - there can be areas where houses built in the 70's used electricity. Near where I live an entire area of the city has all electric homes. They actually put a emblem around the door bell button announcing that the house was all electric.

There are still a lot of places that have electric heat from the same period of time. So small cities like the one I live in, could have more than 35% of the homes on electric heat. All depends on the area, when the houses were built, and what types of heat sources they had at the time of building.
--
Brian

"It drops into your stomach like a Abrams's tank.... driven by Rosanne Barr..." A. Bourdain