Search similar:

uniqs

Fobulous
Premium Member
join:2002-08-14
Missouri City, TX

Fobulous

Premium Member

[Verizon] Apple store is a little early?

Click for full size
So i went to Apple store online and check to see if they have the 5s Gold 64GB avaliable looks like they do and when i entered my Verizon information the site actually said that i'm elegible for upgrade and it's $399.99 .

I know my contract date ends on the 15th and according to Verizon's website i'm not elegible yet.

Why is this? It is because Apple needs to time to process and they give it to me 4 days early

See attached..
Expand your moderator at work
Fobulous

1 edit

Fobulous

Premium Member

Re: [Verizon] Apple store is a little early?

So no one knows ?

gjrhine
join:2001-12-12
Pawleys Island, SC

gjrhine

Well is "4 days early" a statement or question?
gjrhine

gjrhine to Anon

to Anon
How much of 96 gigs is being used on average?
Happydude32
Premium Member
join:2005-07-16

Happydude32

Premium Member

About one third of that, but I only got the phone four weeks ago yesterday.

As of right now 10.5 GB of my on board storage is being used for apps, about 20 GB of the SD card is being used for music and photos. And that is growing. All of my work email will be downloaded and kept on the card. Recorded content from my DirecTV DVR will be downloaded to my phone, and best of all I actually have space to shoot video in 1080p. My Droid DNA had no expandable memory. It was so stupid that I could take video in HD, but only a few minutes worth before I ran out of room. After less then a year with the DNA I ran out of room, only had 5 gigs of music on it, had to delete that, and ran out of room again a few months later. Hence why I have a new phone with a ton of storage.

Better to have too much space then not enough. When I had the unfortunate experience of owning an iPhone I had an 8GB model and within a week or two exchanged it and paid the $100 extra for 16GB as I was almost out of room. I've owned 7 smartphones since 2009 and the iPhone and Droid DNA were the only ones I had that didn't have expandable memory. Never again.

gjrhine
join:2001-12-12
Pawleys Island, SC

gjrhine

With an iPad I have no interest in keep much video on a 4" screen so I would be using even less of the 1/3 you do.
Happydude32
Premium Member
join:2005-07-16

Happydude32

Premium Member

I presently have no videos on my phone other than a 7 second clip of my PC booting up. I do have the desire to shoot video in 1080p which I could keep stored on my phone and share out on my 55" TV via DLNA and watch it that way. And I would also like to knock off a few things on my DVR using GenieGo while I'm at lunch at work. I'd much rather watch at home on the big screen, but at work a 6" phone screen will do. On my tablet I have 32GB internal and 32GB external and use much less then I do on my phone. I also would like to download a few TWiT video netcasts on my phone and start to stream them to my TV and then continue streaming on my phone when I have to go.

rjackson

join:2002-04-02
Ringgold, GA
Netgear R6400
Switches Trash Bin
Apple AirPort Extreme (2011)

rjackson to Fobulous

to Fobulous
I think they are a little flexible if you are within a week of your eligibility date. I went to Best Buy a week before my contract was up and managed to upgrade on the spot*.

* Actually had to go to three Best Buys though, first one they wouldn't let me upgrade yet. But the 5S was on sale for $125, I didn't want to wait a week and risk losing out on the sale price. I went to another Best Buy, where they told me they would do it...but all they had in stock was white and gold. I wanted a black one (space gray), so I checked online and Best Buy Mobile in the mall had it in stock. So I left there and got it at Best Buy Mobile, still a week ahead.

Why not go for it?

AppleGuy
Premium Member
join:2013-09-08
Kitchener, ON

AppleGuy to Fobulous

Premium Member

to Fobulous
Correct me if I'm wrong, but with post-paid contracts, you're "pre-pay" on your first billing, so you might have already paid for services up to, and including, and beyond January 15th. I know in my case, my iPhone contact expires February 21st, my upgrade fee is $15, which is 1 month of the subsidy left, once I pay my bill, my upgrade fee will be $0, since the subsidy is paid off, even though I have another month on my contract. So likely your contract is already paid off.
tdumaine
Premium Member
join:2004-03-14
Seattle, WA

tdumaine to Fobulous

Premium Member

to Fobulous
It's verizons policy for indirects (not corporate verizon stores) to allow the upgrade within 7 days of the date. It's all computerized but if your elig date was three days from today, you could do it.