spacer

how-to block ads

Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

ARodloses

@comcast.net

[MLB] A-Rod loses his arbitration - gets full 2014 suspension

A-Rod lost his arbitration hearing and was hit with a suspension for all of 2014. He vows to appeal the arbitration ruling in Federal Court. This means he is done for 2014 unless a Federal Court intervenes.

»www.usatoday.com/story/sports/ml···1586466/

New York Yankees slugger Alex Rodriguez will be suspended for the entire 2014 season, as an independent arbitrator upheld the majority of a 211-game suspension Major League Baseball assessed him in August.

The Satruday ruling by Fredric Horowitz will cost Rodriguez $25 million in salary, and cast considerable doubt over the All-Star's career. Rodriguez will turn 40 during the 2015 season.

A-Rod indicated he will fight the ruling in court, a rarity for collectively-bargained arbitration.

Rodriguez appealed the suspension and began his 2013 season. It was an unremarkable campaign - Rodriguez hit .244 with seven home runs in 44 games

P Ness
You'Ve Forgotten 9-11 Already
Premium
join:2001-08-29
way way out
Reviews:
·Comcast
so stupid. guess they had to make an example out of someone.

this is more making an example out of someone trying to fight back instead of actually what he did.

how the arbitrator gave him 162 games while others who did worse and admitted it got 50 and were able to play in post season.
--
NO U

ARodloses

@comcast.net
said by P Ness:

this is more making an example out of someone trying to fight back instead of actually what he did.

how the arbitrator gave him 162 games while others who did worse and admitted it got 50 and were able to play in post season.

I think it was mostly because there was evidence that he was a facilitator for other players and not merely a user of PEDs. Also, those who "cut a deal" and save the prosecutor(in this case MLB) from expending large sums of money to prove their case, always get lighter sentences. That is how the "cutting a deal" system works.

capecoddah

join:2005-03-18
Yarmouth Port, MA
kudos:1
reply to ARodloses
Hang him.
I'm sure the apologists would be looking for blood if it were another player.

The Shadow
Premium
join:2013-04-18
kudos:5
Reviews:
·Champion Broadba..
·Time Warner Cable
reply to ARodloses
MLB the sport and organization that invented the banned for life, again, AKA: "A Steve Howe" banned for life for drug use. (Steve Howe, look it up.)

Regardless of one's opinion about Rodriguez and his punishment it doesn't change the fact that MLB for most its modern existence has been the bottom dweller of major sports organizations in the US in terms of dealing with issues a controversial nature involving players---issues of which the one with Rodriquez is but the latest.

rody_44
Premium
join:2004-02-20
Quakertown, PA
Reviews:
·Comcast

1 edit
I dont see what Howe has to do with this. A man that was suspended 7 times. In any case i doubt rodriguez wins and doubt the supreme court will even agree to hear his case.
Im still trying to figure out why a person from New York would even go to a clinic in Florida.

ARodloses

@comcast.net
reply to ARodloses
»www.nydailynews.com/sports/i-tea···.1578058

A-Rod digging himself in deeper and deeper. By suing, the whole dirty story of his actions laid out in the arbitrators report is now public information. The public now has all the dirty details to see and A-Rod denials are now a joke.