uniqs

Lurch77
Premium Member
join:2001-11-22
Green Bay, WI

Lurch77 to 02778712

Premium Member

to 02778712

Re: [Green Tech] GE energy smart® Bright from the Start® Good or Bad?

said by 02778712:

See above. They are half the cost of LED so that's the advantage.

Let's see what the prices are in a couple years. And let's see if these hybrids are even around in 10 years. I suspect, as has been said, it's a stop gap and not much more. LED is the future, even if some people don't want to admit it. Remember when a 40w LED bulb would cost you $40 a couple years ago?
markf
join:2008-01-24
Scarborough, ON

markf

Just using my local HD as a reference, LED's have gone from a very small niche to about 1/3 of the lighting section. They'll keep growing as costs continue to drop fairly quickly and take over from CFL's.

I have a few LED's now, and other than cost, I don't see any advantages to CFL's over LED's. Any new bulbs I've bought for my home over the last year have been LED. The Philips ones at HD still have reliability issues, two have flickered out on me (out of about 10), so that's something they need to work on. HD exchanged them, but it's still a pain to go back.

These hybrids won't last as LED's drop in price.
02778712 (banned)
join:2013-07-08
MA

02778712 (banned) to Lurch77

to Lurch77
said by Lurch77:

said by 02778712:

See above. They are half the cost of LED so that's the advantage.

Let's see what the prices are in a couple years. And let's see if these hybrids are even around in 10 years. I suspect, as has been said, it's a stop gap and not much more. LED is the future, even if some people don't want to admit it. Remember when a 40w LED bulb would cost you $40 a couple years ago?

I'm sure it's a stopgap solution but people didn't say that. They said "already obsolete". Those poor fools wanted to play Custer so they deserve what they got.