All Forums Hot Topics Gallery
spc
Search similar:

uniqs

squircle
join:2009-06-23
OTWAON10

squircle

[Internet] FibeTV + Internet without Connection Hub?

I have a Huawei modem that works flawlessly on my VDSL2 connection (25/10). However, since we switched to FibeTV, I've left the Connection Hub as the main DSL device and DMZ'd my router. This isn't an ideal setup as it means I have to have two separate networks, and I'd like to consolidate.

Is it possible to use FibeTV without use of a Connection Hub? HPNA isn't a problem (it's all ethernet). I could separate the VLANs with the Huawei and continue to use a connection hub (with ethernet WAN instead of VDSL2), but that wouldn't allow me to consolidate the two networks.

To ask more directly, does the Connection Hub do any fancy routing for the TV signals, or is bridging the TV network onto the local network enough? Has anybody done this before?
BigWater
join:2002-11-20
Sherbrooke, QC

2 edits

BigWater

From personal observations the TV network runs on its on vlan on the 10.0.0.0/8 network. Get his IP from a DHCP that provide IPs to registered modems only. The Sagemcom host the dhcp 10.x.x.x ip and NAT the 192.168.2.x network. The Sagemcom routes request made to 10.0.0.0/8 from the 192.168.2.0/24 to the 10.x.x.x. All other networks goes to the pppoe session.