spc
uniqs

Sunny
Runs from Clowns

join:2001-08-19

Sunny to parkut

to parkut

[F@H] Re: Any Nvidia GPU folders here?

What size PSU would you guys think is needed for a 780 or 780 ti?

Would it be ok without more than normal case or card cooling?

parkut
Crunch Addict
MVM
join:2001-12-15
Clinton Township, MI

parkut

MVM

I used a Corsair 750 watt PSU for the 780's, normal case cooling should work. Ideally, front and back of case fans, in addition to 120mm PSU fan as the GPU does throw a fair bit of heat.

Sunny
Runs from Clowns

Sunny

Thanks, I haven't found anything in the documentation to say what wattage this PSU has.

By the time I am finished with it, it won't be the same boxen. Original HDD was replaced with three faster ones and now I'm thinking the GPU needs to be replaced, too. So it is likely the PSU gets swapped out as well.

I wonder if this GTX 645 GPU would work in the 2007 Windows 7 box. Hmmmmm ...

mr sean
Professional Infidel

join:2001-04-03
N. Absentia

1 recommendation

mr sean

The GTX 645 will work under Windows 7.

If you're shopping for a new GPU the nVidia 780s rock. If you look online you might also find a good deal on AMD 7970s as they are being phased out...but they are very very fast folders. Very fast.

Sunny
Runs from Clowns

1 edit

Sunny

I knew GTX 645 would work under Windows 7. I was just concerned about whether the newer cards might not work on the PCI-E slots in the older motherboard. Sorry for my misleading comment.

ASUS P5K Deluxe Motherboard
- Two PCI Express x16 slots

I see references to versions 1, 2 and 3 PCI Express video cards and don't know which would be compatible with the older motherboard's slots.

mr sean
Professional Infidel

N. Absentia

1 recommendation

mr sean

The short answer: It should work fine, with current drivers, on the Asus P5K

Sunny
Runs from Clowns

Sunny

Thank you. That may be why I couldn't find my answer. The question was irrelevant.

mr sean
Professional Infidel

N. Absentia

mr sean

There is no such thing as an irrelevant question; answers, on the other hand, are a different breed