join:2010-09-13
Irving, TX
Technicolor E31T2V1

Unbundled to Jeremy W

Premium Member

to Jeremy W

Re: [DIRECTV] Weather Channel Carriage Dispute

said by Jeremy W:

No surprise here. Comcast owns The Weather Channel, so expect another long and drawn out fight with the channel getting dropped for a while.

Comcast as the parent of NBC Universal is part owner of The Weather Channel, in a joint venture with the investment firms Blackstone Group and Bain Capital. And yes, those investment firms do know how to negotiate.....

So, regardless of exactly who's pushing TWC into an "entertainment channel", I'd prefer just a wearther channel.

I stream Weather Nation TV on Roku.

And Weather 4 Us.

What pisses me off about the "new" Weather Channel is that they do not constantly show the current temp. in the information at the bottom of the screen. I have to wait for the current temp. to be displayed. When they're giving information at the bottom of the screen, I want the current temp. embedded.

I wish America could have 24/7 weather channel.

Then maybe they could have to focus on the weather, and not just focus on the weather persons.
ke4pym
Premium Member
join:2004-07-24
Charlotte, NC

1 recommendation

ke4pym

Premium Member

said by Unbundled:

So, regardless of exactly who's pushing TWC into an "entertainment channel", I'd prefer just a wearther channel.

The WX channel was doing entertainment a year or two before the family sold it.

Much like all the other channels who left their core programming, the WX channel will get further and further away from it. The consultants say so. So, what the consultants say, goes.

antdude
Matrix Ant
Premium Member
join:2001-03-25
US

1 recommendation

antdude

Premium Member

said by ke4pym:

said by Unbundled:

Much like all the other channels who left their core programming, the WX channel will get further and further away from it. The consultants say so. So, what the consultants say, goes.

It seems like very channel/station is doing that too like The History Channel, Discovery, MTV, etc.

CylonRed
MVM
join:2000-07-06
Bloom County

1 recommendation

CylonRed

MVM

Makes a lot more money.

antdude
Matrix Ant
Premium Member
join:2001-03-25
US

antdude

Premium Member

said by CylonRed:

Makes a lot more money.

Yeah, that sucks. I miss the old days. Hence, why I don't have cable and satellite TV services.

IowaCowboy
Lost in the Supermarket
Premium Member
join:2010-10-16
Springfield, MA

1 recommendation

IowaCowboy to antdude

Premium Member

to antdude
said by antdude:

said by ke4pym:

said by Unbundled:

It seems like very channel/station is doing that too like The History Channel, Discovery, MTV, etc.

What may end up happening is the ratings for the Weather Channel will plummet and WeatherNation will pick up the pace. Maybe a few Weather Channel personalities will flee to WeatherNation like Jim Cantore, Dr Greg Forbes and Mike Bettes. Or more likely the Weather Channel will buy Weather Nation and learn from their mistake and move all the entertainment garbage to a sub channel.
19579823 (banned)
An Awesome Dude
join:2003-08-04

1 recommendation

19579823 (banned) to antdude

to antdude

quote:
Yeah, that sucks. I miss the old days. Hence, why I don't have cable and satellite TV services.
I really dont blame ya my friend!!