Search similar:

uniqs
rotisserie
join:2006-12-29
Bethesda, MD

rotisserie to just lou

to just lou

Re: Verizon new contract deal

I don't know to be honest as I have Extreme. The deal also included a few months of HBO/Cinemax but otherwise you have to pay for premium channels.

just lou
join:2008-05-16
Staten Island, NY
Arcadyan FiOS-G3100

just lou

said by rotisserie:

I don't know to be honest as I have Extreme. The deal also included a few months of HBO/Cinemax but otherwise you have to pay for premium channels.

OK. They offered me HBO and Cinemax with Extreme too, but I think it was for 24 months. I stayed with Ultimate because it was only a $10 a month difference.
just lou

just lou

Just got an email from Verizon stating I needed to call them because there was "problem with my order" that I made yesterday. When I called, them they told me I needed to "upgrade" my 35/35 to 50/25. I told them they could "switch" me to 50/25, but I wasn't paying more it. They told me they couldn't do that. So I told them "to cancel my order. I'll switch to TWC when my contracts end in a few weeks". Miraculously, they then agreed to let me keep 35/35.
nyrmetros
join:2008-02-01
Oakland Gardens, NY

nyrmetros to ansky

to ansky
said by ansky:

said by nyrmetros:

I entered my work email but I don't think it works..... How do I check if my company is part of this program? I have a corporate discount through verizon wireless.....

After you submit your email address on that website you should get a message that confirms you are eligible for the discount, and then it will send an email to that email address asking for verification. If you didn't get the message then it sounds like you are not eligible for the discount.

It's possible that my company has Verizon wireless discounts but no Fios...... worth a shot.......
nyrmetros

nyrmetros to kenwvt

to kenwvt
Services1st Month Price
Verizon Triple Play$144.99remove
2-year agreement
See bundle details
Verizon Triple Play
With 2-year agreement
Total $144.99/moclose
FiOS TV Ultimate HD
380+ channels
110+ in HD
Cinemax, Showtime and more
FiOS Internet
Speeds up to
25 Mbps/ 25 Mbps
FiOS Digital Voice - Unlimited Plan
Local, regional & long distance + 20 features
Addtl Services1st Month Price
TV
Movie Completer Ultimate HDFREEremove
HBO (bundle package)FREEremove
Total 1st Month Price$144.99
Plus Taxes & Fees
Price Months 2 - 24 = $144.99/mo

That's what I am being offered right now if I renew for 2 years....

I was paying exactly $150 after taxes and fees before......

thoughts??

dcowboy
join:2012-05-10
Pequannock, NJ

dcowboy

take it.
nyrmetros
Oakland Gardens, NY

nyrmetros

said by dcowboy:

take it.

This is the exact same plan I currently have correct?
I was surprised I would be able to keep my current 25/25 internet....

What would $145 plus taxes and fees (NYC) come out to ??
nickyboy4
join:2008-07-24
Farmingdale, NY

nickyboy4 to just lou

to just lou
said by just lou:

I gave in and renewed. I'm happy enough. I kept everything I originally had, and the price is actually $10 a month cheaper than what I paid the last 2 years. I have all the Premium channels, and 35/35 is fast enough for me.

Verizon Triple Play $129.99
FiOS TV Ultimate HD
Movie Completer Ultimate HD
HBO (bundle package)
FiOS Internet 35/35
$10 Renewal Agreement Incentive for 24 Months
Verizon Connections $10 Discount
Two-year agreement plan

Lou, where did you renew, channel 2500 tells me to call?

just lou
join:2008-05-16
Staten Island, NY
Arcadyan FiOS-G3100

2 edits

just lou

quote:
Lou, where did you renew, channel 2500 tells me to call?
I renewed through Verizon Connections, but now they messed everything up when I had to call them to keep my internet speed. I have to check my first bill because the website tells me I'm now paying $144.99 even though they promise I'm paying $129.99.
criggs
join:2000-07-14
New York, NY

criggs

Try $165 instead of $125. That's what they tried to do to me.
nyrmetros
Oakland Gardens, NY

nyrmetros to kenwvt

to kenwvt
I am seeing this on the Fios webpage right now.....

Your New Price Guarantee with 2-Year Agreement
Beginning January 28, 2014

Keep Existing Bundle
Verizon Triple Play
FiOS TV Ultimate HD
FiOS Internet 25/25 Mbps
$144.99 per month
Plus Taxes, Fees, Equipment Charges & RSN Fee

Thoughts????
GoIU
join:2005-05-19

GoIU to kenwvt

to kenwvt
Hmmm... I was going to ask if my renewal agreement was decent. Based on what I'm reading, the answer is yes. Here are the details:

Verizon Triple Play
FiOS TV Ultimate HD
FiOS Internet 35/35 Mbps
Verizon Freedom Essentials

Total 1st Month Price
$114.99
Plus Taxes & Fees
Price Months 2 - 24 = $114.99/mo

(I also get a free dvr and standard def box for "life")
jimboe
join:2000-08-14
New York

jimboe

what are u located and how did u score that deal?
plus what specific discounts are u getting?

Seems to good to be true,
Can we get some details on that?
GoIU

1 edit

GoIU

I'm in Central PA.

I should have mentioned that the free dvr and standard def box for "life" was from my original contract 2 yrs ago.

I'm not sure what discounts I'm getting on this plan (they didn't appear using the way that I checked out, described below), but the discounts that appear in the renewal page state:
Monthly Price includes

$10 FiOS Quantum Credit for 1 Month
$10 off for 24 months
$5 Bundle Credit for 24 Months
$5 Online Bundle Credit For 24 Months
$10 Holiday Bundle Credit for 24 Months

I noticed that if I clicked " Add it Now" under my current plan, I saved about $30 per month for months 2-24 than if I was to "Create Your Own Bundle" with identical services.

Greg2600
join:2008-05-20
Belleville, NJ

Greg2600

Woah, seems like your discounts are double what everyone else is getting!
jimboe
join:2000-08-14
New York

jimboe to GoIU

to GoIU
said by GoIU:

I'm not sure what discounts I'm getting on this plan (they didn't appear using the way that I checked out, ..

Wow,

So you did this online?
Incredible that the system offered to LET you keep your "grandfathered" plan, and to boot, gave you $30/mo off for 2 yrs.

This is the 1st I've heard of this happening.
GoIU

GoIU

Thanks. I feel lucky. I was going to jump ship because I was seeing $155 or so for months 3-24 a few days ago for the same service. My original contact was 5-10 cheaper depending on the month before taxes and fees, but I haven't been keeping up with fios prices.

It was interesting to see two very different prices for the same plans - "add it now" (renew current) or create a "new" bundle with identical features. I've had fios off and on since 2007. First time that I've renewed a contact with them.
descartes
join:2013-09-24

descartes

Wow, that is a great renewal price, I had the same exact services and had been paying about $128/month for Ultimate + 35/35 + phone. Bill went up to about $160 after my 2 years was up and I tried multiple people in retention and the best I could get was a $7 a month discount. I tried to downgrade to Prime thinking it would be $35 less but the bill actually went up $5 to $165.

Ended up canceling everything then resubscribing. Was annoying but worth it!

If I had been offered your deal without the free boxes I wouldn't have had to go through the trouble.

You actually have a better price than new subscribers get (probably has to do with the fact they charge more for 50/25 than 35/35) especially considering the 2 free boxes.

Good job!
nyrmetros
Oakland Gardens, NY

nyrmetros

Wtf? I just got my new fios bill today and it has jumped from $150 to a effing $192!!! Total Wtf?? I am calling fios in the morning.... That price is begging me to cancel everything...
stuman221
join:2012-01-08
Staten Island, NY

stuman221

said by nyrmetros:

Wtf? I just got my new fios bill today and it has jumped from $150 to a effing $192!!! Total Wtf?? I am calling fios in the morning.... That price is begging me to cancel everything...

Calm down. You posted in multiple threads about the offers you received, and the bill they sent you was your out of contract price. You pick a new 2 yr price, and it wont be 192.
swhbh
join:2008-01-29
Warminster, PA

swhbh to GoIU

to GoIU
Thanks, GoIU. I followed what you did (the part that starts with "I noticed") and was surprised to see that my bundle renewal with an internet speed increase from 25/25 to 50/25 came up for $129.99 for the 1st month and $129.99 for months 2-24. I was paying $124.99. I will believe it when I see it on my bill.

I have a couple of questions I was hoping you could answer.

Where/when did you get the breakdown of the credits you list ($10,$10,$5,$5,$10)? I confirmed the order and only received an email with very generic information (no prices/breakdowns), so I am very skeptical.

Are you under the impression that HBO and the movie completer pack are included in your price?
GoIU

GoIU

I didn't see the credits that I received for my order. I just saw the credits that were available when I created a "new" bundle with the same services.

I don't think that I will get HBO or the movie completer pack.

I am a bit skeptical too. Just out of curiosity, was the price in the "Please Verify your FiOS Order" email even lower than the price at checkout? Mine was about $20 less.

Greg2600
Belleville, NJ

Greg2600

The price is whatever you see when you go to Review the order right before you commit. As for HBO, isn't that part of Ultimate HD?
GoIU

GoIU

Right (about the price) - I was just expecting consistent numbers.

I currently don't get HBO and have Ultimate HD (looks like it is included in some areas).

Greg2600
Belleville, NJ

Greg2600

said by GoIU:

Right (about the price) - I was just expecting consistent numbers.

I currently don't get HBO and have Ultimate HD (looks like it is included in some areas).

Well then that explains the price differential! In NJ/NY we have all movie packages and Red Zone incorporated into Ultimate. Believe me, Verizon is not giving any of us a free lunch.

And yes, the website ordering page is very confusing.
GoIU

GoIU

I heard you. I do get redzone - that is the main reason why I have ultimate.
nyrmetros
Oakland Gardens, NY

nyrmetros to kenwvt

to kenwvt
I am on the phone with Fios right now, we'll wee what happens...
nyrmetros

1 edit

nyrmetros to kenwvt

to kenwvt
Both online and over the phone I am being offered $144.99 as a base plus taxes and fess and equipment rental which comes to $190....... What are my options here.....

Keep Existing Bundle
Verizon Triple Play
FiOS TV Ultimate HD
FiOS Internet 25/25 Mbps
$144.99 per month

or

Keep Existing Bundle
with Internet Speed upgrade to:
FiOS QuantumSM 50/25 Mbps
Special Offer: Order now and enjoy a FREE FiOS QuantumSM Upgrade for one month.
Your new Internet Upgrade and monthly charge will appear on your next bill.
$144.99
per month

Plus Taxes, Fees, Equipment Charges & RSN Fee = $190

What am I doing wrong here??

I asked is there a price difference between month to month and a 2 year contract and I was told right now it's the same price.....
nyrmetros

nyrmetros to stuman221

to stuman221
said by stuman221:

said by nyrmetros:

Calm down. You posted in multiple threads about the offers you received, and the bill they sent you was your out of contract price. You pick a new 2 yr price, and it wont be 192.

The problem is that Fios rep just told me my price will be the same whether I am month 2 month or 2year deal.... $144.99 plus taxes and fees and $20 in equipment charges comes to $190 ish...
swhbh
join:2008-01-29
Warminster, PA

swhbh to GoIU

to GoIU
said by GoIU:

Just out of curiosity, was the price in the "Please Verify your FiOS Order" email even lower than the price at checkout? Mine was about $20 less.

That is another reason I am skeptical, there was no price listed in my "Please Verify your Fios Order" email. I did, however, get a screen grab of the price I was quoted........because I just sort of don't believe I will get that price.