uniqs

Greg2600
join:2008-05-20
Belleville, NJ

Greg2600 to nyrmetros

to nyrmetros

Re: Verizon new contract deal

said by nyrmetros:

The problem is that Fios rep just told me my price will be the same whether I am month 2 month or 2year deal.... $144.99 plus taxes and fees and $20 in equipment charges comes to $190 ish...

Monthly for me was like a $5 difference, but then you are at the mercy of a random price increase. 2 year is locked in obviously, but there's that term fee. You're not going to get it cheaper than 144.99.
nyrmetros
join:2008-02-01
Oakland Gardens, NY

nyrmetros

said by Greg2600:

said by nyrmetros:

The problem is that Fios rep just told me my price will be the same whether I am month 2 month or 2year deal.... $144.99 plus taxes and fees and $20 in equipment charges comes to $190 ish...

Monthly for me was like a $5 difference, but then you are at the mercy of a random price increase. 2 year is locked in obviously, but there's that term fee. You're not going to get it cheaper than 144.99.

Yea they quoted me at $175 ($144.99 + equipment rental +taxes and fees) a month for a 2 year contract....

shadowcaster1
join:2008-04-21
Dix Hills,NY

1 edit

shadowcaster1 to kenwvt

to kenwvt
My contract was up a few years ago and after reading this thread, I went to my local Vzn office and showed them the letter I got stating $15.00/mo when signing a new 2 yr price guarantee. ( I had called previously, not there, and was told I'd have to change my bundle and move to Digital Voice)

The csr was very helpful and changed my triple play bundle, Extreme HD w/Fully Loaded Entertainment Pack, to Ultimate HD + HBO. I stated that I didn't want to lose any channels and change my phone from the Freedom essentials.

She said, no problem, they have received so many complaints that they are now allowing customers to keep FE, even when changing their packages.

When all was said and done. I'm saving $28.98/mo and I actually have a few more channels. like Tennis Ch, MGM and I'm sure a few more that I haven't found yet.

So, thanks to the op!
nyrmetros
Oakland Gardens, NY

nyrmetros to kenwvt

to kenwvt
I guess I will have to go into a Fios store on Monday morning since they are closed on Sunday.......

frankpf3
Verizon Fios
join:2007-08-09
Huntington Station, NY

frankpf3 to kenwvt

to kenwvt
Does anyone know if the deal on channel 2000, which keeps your current package, just locks you in for 2 years, will it negate your 20 dollar good customer credit or the 19.99 DVR credit for life?

lestermol
@verizon.net

lestermol to kenwvt

Anon

to kenwvt
Verizon Triple Play

$89.99 /mo

Price Months 1 - 1 = $89.99

Discounts Included
$10 Bundle Credit for 24 Months Thru March 7,2014
$5 FiOS-Ready Discount Thru March 7,2014
$20 Special FiOS Promotion for 24 Months Thru March 10,2014
$5 Bundle Credit for 24 Months Thru March 11,2014

This is what I have now plus free MRDVR(19.99 credit).

Any chance of getting anything even close when I renew?
nyrmetros
Oakland Gardens, NY

nyrmetros

said by nyrmetros:

I guess I will have to go into a Fios store on Monday morning since they are closed on Sunday.......

I just came back from the Fios store and they could not offer me any deals whatsoever.... They said even if I renew a 2 year deal or go no contract my price would be $190 a month..... They rep suggested I call Fios again and ask to speak to a supervisor......
nyrmetros

nyrmetros to thetick

to thetick
said by thetick:

The local Verizon Office has a lot more incentive to keep an existing customer. When you call retention I think you get forwarded to the local Verizon office. Unless you get a deal from the local Verizon (retention or store) you are stuck with a significantly higher on-line price and extremely lame discounts like the $5 for one month discount.

I couldn't get anything at my local Fios store.... I got they same offer as online, and they said they didn't even have the power to offer a loyalty discount or anything....
nyrmetros

nyrmetros to kenwvt

to kenwvt
$144.99 turns into $190 no matter who I seem to speak to...

Greg2600
Belleville, NJ

Greg2600

I don't understand, the web offered 144.99 on a 2 year contract right? I said you're not going to get less than that for Ultimate HD. STB, RSN, taxes, fees are always extra.
nyrmetros
Oakland Gardens, NY

nyrmetros

said by Greg2600:

I don't understand, the web offered 144.99 on a 2 year contract right? I said you're not going to get less than that for Ultimate HD. STB, RSN, taxes, fees are always extra.

I would be ok with paying around $175 after taxes and fees, up from $150... but $190 dips into my car insurance.....

Greg2600
Belleville, NJ

Greg2600

Was your previous 2 year contract your first one? The discounts you had sounded like new customer ones. If so, you're not going to retain those. All I could suggest is to downgrade from Ultimate HD, which isn't a huge savings going with Extreme either.
nyrmetros
Oakland Gardens, NY

nyrmetros

said by Greg2600:

Was your previous 2 year contract your first one? The discounts you had sounded like new customer ones. If so, you're not going to retain those. All I could suggest is to downgrade from Ultimate HD, which isn't a huge savings going with Extreme either.

Yea I was a new customer and I know I had a fantastic deal...... I was expecting an increase.... but not a $40 increase....

Greg2600
Belleville, NJ

Greg2600

You're also in NY, and FIOS was price warring there with Cablevision until a year or two ago. I don't think we can separate premiums like HBO or Epix from Ultimate HD around here, like the other poster could farther South. Downgrading internet is almost pointless, unless you went down to 15/5, you may save 5 or 10 bucks. You could drop to Extreme and see if they give you Free HBO, again won't be a big saver. If you're a soccer fan though, BeIN Sport is sadly on the sports tier and won't be in Extreme, neither will NFL Red zone.
nyrmetros
Oakland Gardens, NY

nyrmetros

said by Greg2600:

You're also in NY, and FIOS was price warring there with Cablevision until a year or two ago. I don't think we can separate premiums like HBO or Epix from Ultimate HD around here, like the other poster could farther South. Downgrading internet is almost pointless, unless you went down to 15/5, you may save 5 or 10 bucks. You could drop to Extreme and see if they give you Free HBO, again won't be a big saver. If you're a soccer fan though, BeIN Sport is sadly on the sports tier and won't be in Extreme, neither will NFL Red zone.

The best I was able to get out of them was $186 a month, no contract with an upgrade to 50/25.....

No deals on a 2 year contract whatsoever because I have the free DVR for life....

And yes, I am a huge hockey and soccer fan....
jimboe
join:2000-08-14
New York

jimboe to nyrmetros

to nyrmetros
said by nyrmetros:

I just came back from the Fios store and they could not offer me any deals whatsoever.... They said even if I renew a 2 year deal or go no contract my price would be $190 a month.....

The ppl at the FiOS stores in NYC seem to suck donkey balls.
Every time I've gone to them, I've gotten the same response-- They really don't even want to be bothered to try, saying the have "no capability" to look at your acct/offer/setup contracts.

All my other family members in other areas/states have mucho success/pleasant experiences at their local fios stores..
maybe it's just the shitty nyc attitude.
who knows

Steely
I rise when the sun goes down
Premium Member
join:2000-10-15
Princeton Junction, NJ

Steely to kenwvt

Premium Member

to kenwvt
I just don't have the strength, time or patience to spend hours on the phone or to drive all around and haggle with useless customer service reps only to get even more frustrated. I was out of contract and decided to accept the 2-yr renewal offer on my existing bundle...which I'm happy with. It's $144.99 for the Triple Play with Ultimate and 35/35, plus taxes, fees, equipment and premium channels. It is what it is. Done. Sometimes you just can't get blood from a stone.
Johnnyb54
join:2012-02-23
Ronkonkoma, NY

Johnnyb54

Just renewed FIOS for the 3rd time as my current contract expires next month. I called and said I wanted to renew but Cablevision is offering some really good deals. I told the rep I loved FIOS but I don't want to pay anymore then I am currently paying. I wound up with the exact same deal I had but instead of 35/35 internet I am now getting 50/25 speeds. I have no idea where the discounts come from but I'm a very happy camper.

Estimated Monthly Charges
This estimate is not your actual bill, which may vary based on activation date, changes you make after the order, duration of promotional discounts, usage, balance, adjustments or installments.
Services and Discounts Monthly Amount
Existing Triple Play $134.99
FiOS Digital Voice Unlimited
FiOS TV Ultimate HD
Movie Package Ultimate HD
HBO
FiOS Internet 50/25
$5 Contract Acceptance 24 Mo. Credit Included thru Mar 6, 2016
$5 24-Month Contract Discount Included thru Mar 6, 2016
$20 Contract Acceptance 24 Mo. Credit Included thru Mar 6, 2016

Naturally the set top boxes are extra.
drummrboybac
join:2010-10-22
Holliston, MA

drummrboybac

FWIW I just renewed for 24mos. I was given Extreme HD,25/25, and digital voice for 104.99 in MA. It said I was getting $25 in credits, $15 of that was a renewal credit, and I think the other $10 was a Verizon Connections discount through my employer.
Expand your moderator at work
nyrmetros
Oakland Gardens, NY

nyrmetros to Steely

to Steely

Re: Verizon new contract deal

said by Steely:

I just don't have the strength, time or patience to spend hours on the phone or to drive all around and haggle with useless customer service reps only to get even more frustrated. I was out of contract and decided to accept the 2-yr renewal offer on my existing bundle...which I'm happy with. It's $144.99 for the Triple Play with Ultimate and 35/35, plus taxes, fees, equipment and premium channels. It is what it is. Done. Sometimes you just can't get blood from a stone.

Just out of curiosity, what is your final expense AFTER taxes and fees, etc.. ?
swhbh
join:2008-01-29
Warminster, PA

swhbh

I was right to be skeptical. My first bill break down came recently. To recap, I was paying $124.99 for the triple play with Ultimate HD and 25/25. When I "renewed", I was quoted a price of $129.99, but I was forced to choose either 15/5 for the same price or 50/25 with the $129.99 quote. I chose 50/25, which was supposed to bring my deal up only that $5 per month.

My new bill read $149.99 for my triple play. So, it went up $25 per month. They were tricky with this one. Basically what they did was use my post discount price ($124.99 - which included ONE BILL and a $5/month contract credit) before I renewed. The $129.99 was apparently just bogus, taking into account my old contract discounts which are "no longer available". So, I was essentially forced to upgrade to 50/25, which accounts for $10......but my total of $15 in discounts from my old contract did not carry over to the new one. The guy said there is no ONE BILL discount and, essentially, there is no contract discount. (Or, apparently they at least took it away from me for the time being). Wow.

The guy gave me a discounted movie package which took $15/month off for a year and he also said I could "undo" my contract acceptance since it was within 30 days. I asked if the price would change and he said no, so I had him get me out of the contract. He said they may make me a better offer in a month or two........or I can call back at some point (I guess he was hinting).

Helpful/good rep, but Verizon really tried to pull a fast one when I went to renew last month. Luckily, I was paying attention. I can't say I am surprised.
JPL
Premium Member
join:2007-04-04
Downingtown, PA

JPL

Premium Member

Yeah, I had a similar experience. Went on my account to take advantage of the deal to reup for 2 more years, and the cart on my My Verizon account showed a monthly bundle price of $110/month. When I got home and checked my e-mail, I saw a price of $130/month. I couldn't understand the discrepancy so I went back on line and saw on my account that it was also listed as $130/month. I called and talked with a rep who couldn't figure out why there was a discrepancy. He put me through to retention who explained that there were some discounts (e.g. one bill) that were going away, but because some were in effect for one or 2 days into the new contract, the cart showed those discounts as being in effect when I initially placed the order.

NedStark
@verizon.net

NedStark

Anon

How'd I do? Signed another 2 yr contract a few days ago. I'm in NYC.

Triple Play $104.99
FiOS Digital Voice Unlimited
FiOS TV Prime HD
FiOS Internet 50/25
$25 Agreement Incentive Included
Cable Card Rental $4.99
Estimated Monthly Subtotal $109.98
Taxes, Fees and Other Verizon Charges $13.28
Regional Sports Network Fee $3.48
Estimated Monthly Charges $126.74

just lou
join:2008-05-16
Staten Island, NY
Arcadyan FiOS-G3100

just lou

said by NedStark :

How'd I do? Signed another 2 yr contract a few days ago. I'm in NYC.

You did OK. For comparison, my Triple Play renewal with "Ultimate HD" in NYC is costing me $129.99. My internet is 35/35. So you're saving $25 over my package and have what Verizon considers "an internet upgrade", but I have all the channels.
nyrmetros
Oakland Gardens, NY

nyrmetros to kenwvt

to kenwvt
This is definitely helpful.....

»www.fiercecable.com/stor ··· 14-03-07
djoropallo
join:2003-10-20
Maple Shade, NJ

djoropallo to kenwvt

to kenwvt
Our bill has been going up lately like a freight train, we got out of the contract exactly a year ago and the final price was a total of $160, included The Ultimate with a DVR and 3 other boxes and 35/35. Now the bill is pushing $220, and from what I hear the fees are going up again. So, I call and the lady and she says I can give you $10 a month credit for a 2 year agreement and 50/25. Well Comcast was just at my door and I can get EVERY single channel, X1DVR and 3 extra boxes for $147 and then it goes up $25 the second year. Still way less than FIOS, and the Internet has been horrible lately, already had the modem replaced and still dropped connections. Why do I always have to change to save some money, why can't they just give me the new price instead of making me switch. Oh well, cost them more in the long run.
crgauth
join:2004-05-18
Glen Burnie, MD

crgauth to kenwvt

to kenwvt
For anyone that has Fios and Wireless.
You do qualify for Verizons latest duo offer.
You have to drop One Bill.
I got mine by sending tweet to @verizonsupport and asked for duo discount.
Another $10 for 2 years.
»newscenter.verizon.com/r ··· stomers/

Steely
I rise when the sun goes down
Premium Member
join:2000-10-15
Princeton Junction, NJ

Steely

Premium Member

said by crgauth:

Another $10 for 2 years.

Actually it's $20 for 2 years ($10 off FiOS + $10 off VZW)!

They used to give you a discount for combining the two bills. Now they offer you even more of a discount for keeping them separate! Weird, but I jumped on it!
crgauth
join:2004-05-18
Glen Burnie, MD

crgauth

Did find out that you have to subscribe to Quantum 50/25 as minimum Internet to qualify. So it cost me $10 to save $20.