Premium Member
join:2000-10-15
Princeton Junction, NJ

Steely to crgauth

Premium Member

to crgauth

Re: Verizon new contract deal

said by crgauth:

Did find out that you have to subscribe to Quantum 50/25 as minimum Internet to qualify. So it cost me $10 to save $20.

Exactly what I did. Why not?? Went from 35/35 to 50/25 (really ~43/34 to ~59/38) for $10 more with $20 off for 2 years. Wireless and FiOS bills will be separate again but that makes no difference to me one way or the other. Furthermore, I found out that I qualify for a corporate discount which gives me yet another $10/month discount. And just for good measure, the rep gave me 12 months of 50% off all my premium movie channel subscriptions to replace my 50% off HBO promotion which was about to expire anyway. So now things are looking pretty good!

rpjoe
Premium Member
join:2007-09-22
Rochelle Park, NJ

1 edit

rpjoe to kenwvt

Premium Member

to kenwvt
i've been a fios customer for 7 years. i just re-upped today. i tried to bluff my way to a visa card by saying CV offered me a great deal but no dice. the Rep said that after my contract expires next month and i will be forced to pick a new speed plan. she said she could hook me up with 50-25 and save me $10 on fios and $10 on wireless. i told her that i'll think about it. so I went online and rebundled my existing services. Ultimate (all sports and all movie channels) / 35-35 / DV for $134.99 with $10 one-bill and $5 24-month renewal discount. i do not see getting rid of a grandfathered one-bill as being a good thing because i have a feeling its them who benefit in the long term as they ween us off 35-35 forcing us to pay more in 2 years for essentially the same speed at 50-25.i never plan on leaving Verizon so i want to keep the billing as lean as possible. my total bill never exceeds $331 which includes my fios, 2 iPhone 5S's both with unlimited LTE, and a dumb phone. i will hang on to grandfathered plans for as long as i have the option.

Steely
I rise when the sun goes down
Premium Member
Princeton Junction, NJ

Steely

Premium Member

Interesting. When my contract expired last December I was able to keep my 35/35 bundle - and eventually renew it - without changing to a Quantum plan. But I did lose my $10 One Bill discount and was told both by reps and folks online that Verizon was universally discontinuing it across the board. Are you sure you're still actually getting it? When I renewed the 35/35 Triple Play the My Verizon site still showed the discount as being part of my bundle but the 10 dollars off was no longer being applied to my bill. Of course, being that you're in the NNJ market you might qualify for better deals.
Steely

Steely

Premium Member

Oh, and I should point out that although I was skeptical at first, you do get a noticeable bump going from 35/35 to 50/25.

rpjoe
Premium Member
Rochelle Park, NJ

rpjoe to Steely

Premium Member

to Steely
said by Steely:

Are you sure you're still actually getting it? When I renewed the 35/35 Triple Play the My Verizon site still showed the discount as being part of my bundle but the 10 dollars off was no longer being applied to my bill.

one-bill discount is gone! BUT the $5 renewal became $15

Verizon Triple Play
With 2-year agreement
Total $134.99/mo
FiOS TV Ultimate HD
380+ channels
110+ in HD
Cinemax, Showtime and more
FiOS Internet
Speeds up to
35 Mbps/ 35 Mbps
FiOS Digital Voice - Unlimited Plan
Local, regional & long distance + 20 features
With this configuration:
$15 Renewal Agreement Incentive for 24 Months

Steely
Premium Member
Princeton Junction, NJ

Steely

Premium Member

Nice. I never saw or was offered a "renewal agreement incentive."

RScottyL
join:2004-12-28
Arlington, TX
Motorola MB8611
Ubiquiti UDM-Pro
Ubiquiti Unifi UAP-AC-LITE

RScottyL to ansky

to ansky
said by ansky:

In case anyone isn't already aware, you may be eligible for a $10/month company discount in addition to any other discounts you already have. You can check at this link:

»verizonconnections.vzcom ··· tal.com/

I keep getting: "Please verify the Email ID and try again."

Tried with mine and my wife's work!

Not even getting a "Sorry, you do not qualify" or anything like that!

Steely
Premium Member
Princeton Junction, NJ

Steely

Premium Member

It's not just you. It worked fine for my work email address but when a friend tried he got the same response as you. It's not a very well designed application process.

BTW, »verizon.com/connections take you to the same page.
Mtaz
join:2008-10-21
Hawthorne, NJ

3 edits

Mtaz to kenwvt

to kenwvt
Ladies and Gents,

It's that time for me to renew my contract and they are not offering me much just like the majority have posted.

139.99 Ultra
35/35 internet
Dgital voice
5 HD boxes with MDVR (free for life)

This is what they offered and how is breaks down:

Estimated Monthly Charges
This estimate is not your actual bill, which may vary based on activation date, changes you make after the order, duration of promotional discounts, usage, balance, adjustments or installments.
Services and Discounts Monthly Amount
Existing Triple Play $139.99
• FiOS Digital Voice Unlimited
• FiOS TV Ultimate HD
• Movie Package Ultimate HD
• HBO
• FiOS Internet 35/35
• $10 Agreement Incentive Included
Existing Multi-Room DVR Package - 5 Room $50.99
Existing Multi Room DVR Credit -$19.99
Estimated Monthly Subtotal $170.99
Taxes, Fees and Other Verizon Charges $13.48
Estimated Monthly Charges $184.47

My issue and question is regarding the equipment. I have 5 boxes with a MDVR. Now I have the Free DVR for life which is a great thing so that gives me $50 -20 so my equipment bill is still $30 per month + tax. So here is my question. This is what I am thinking, keep the DVR (free for life) and turn in my 4 other boxes. Then go with a Mcard and a HDHomerun Prime 3 tuner box. I have HTPC with WMC and ethernet already run to all the other TV's in the house, question is, does anyone here have experience with the SiliconDust equipment? We do not watch VOD or Pay per-view so I am certainly not concerned with any of that. This will potentially save me $25 per month (4.99 for mcard -30 for boxes turn in) and if the prices or incentives change in the future I can always rebundle the equipment back in. If not my bill is going up to $185 and it is just to tough to swallow paying that much for mostly commercials. As always thanks in advance.
crgauth
join:2004-05-18
Glen Burnie, MD

crgauth to Steely

to Steely
It appears they have replaced the on bill discount with the new double plan discount ($10 each FIOS and Wireless).
You do have to upgrade to 50/25 at a minimum, so it does cost $10 to get $20.
Was pretty simple for me. Took just a few days (they had to undue one bill first) then upgrade to Quantum. Next day did the double.

Steely
Premium Member
Princeton Junction, NJ

Steely

Premium Member

Funny, I did all that at one time although it took a couple of days for everything to show up correctly on my account.

rpjoe
Premium Member
Rochelle Park, NJ

1 recommendation

rpjoe to crgauth

Premium Member

to crgauth
I just can't do it. the fact that once I let go of the one-bill I will not be able to get it back doesn't sit well with me. I called today to be assured that I still have one-bill. I still am enrolled but no discount, they just upped my agreement instead so I'm paying the same. the fact that verizon is relentless with pushing the quantum speed makes me not trust them. they have this way of making people think that they are saving money while taking something away.
Mtaz
join:2008-10-21
Hawthorne, NJ

Mtaz

Just quoting my own post, sad isn't it, lol. All seriousness, I renewed and did as I have stated above. Dumped my 4 other boxes and went with a SiliconDust 3 Tuner prime device. Rented an Mcard for 4.99 (rip off thx Verizon) in the end saving myself close to $40 per month. Great little device!
nyrmetros
join:2008-02-01
Oakland Gardens, NY

nyrmetros to rpjoe

to rpjoe
said by rpjoe:

said by Steely:

Are you sure you're still actually getting it? When I renewed the 35/35 Triple Play the My Verizon site still showed the discount as being part of my bundle but the 10 dollars off was no longer being applied to my bill.

one-bill discount is gone! BUT the $5 renewal became $15

Verizon Triple Play
With 2-year agreement
Total $134.99/mo
FiOS TV Ultimate HD
380+ channels
110+ in HD
FiOS Internet
Speeds up to
35 Mbps/ 35 Mbps
Local, regional & long distance + 20 features
With this configuration:

I am only being offered $5 for renewing.....

rpjoe
Premium Member
Rochelle Park, NJ

rpjoe to kenwvt

Premium Member

to kenwvt
i was able to bundle an even newer and better plan today even though i had chosen one a month ago. i received a confirmation email and checked my current agreement online. i was able to go from 35/35 to 50/25 for free. its all good to go...

Verizon Triple Play
+ ONE-BILLĀ®
(includes a ONE-BILLĀ® discount)
$124.99 /mo 2 year agreement

FiOS TV Ultimate HD
380+ channels
110+ in HD

FiOS QuantumSM Internet
Speeds up to 50 Mbps/25 Mbps

Price Thru May, 2014 = $124.99
Discounts Included
$10 FiOS Quantum Credit for 1 Month Thru May 9,2014
$5 Renewal Agreement Incentive for 24 Months Thru April 5,2016
$10 Renewal Agreement Incentive for 24 Months Thru April 5,2016
$10 Internet ONE-BILL Bundle Discount Thru April 7,2016

Price Thru April, 2016 = $134.99
Discounts Included
$5 Renewal Agreement Incentive for 24 Months Thru April 5,2016
$10 Renewal Agreement Incentive for 24 Months Thru April 5,2016
$10 Internet ONE-BILL Bundle Discount Thru April 7,2016
nickyboy4
join:2008-07-24
Farmingdale, NY

3 edits

nickyboy4

I have triple play, ultimate TV, 50/25 internet. Contract is up in June. I am being offered $129. per month to renew another 2 years. This includes 15 off month for the contract and $10. off for the double up. So $129. a month(plus equipment) and $10. off my wireless(double up).
Is this the best deal out there right now for NY metro area?
Verizon Triple Play
$129.99 /mo 2 year agreement

Price Months 1 - 23 = $129.99

Discounts Included
$10 Wireless/$10 FiOS - Double Up and Save Discount
dmine45
join:2002-11-03
Fredericksburg, VA

dmine45 to kenwvt

to kenwvt
I just renewed my 2 year contract for FiOS. (Triple Play - Extreme HD, 75/35, DV unlimited)

Somehow in the process I went from 50/25 to 75/35. With all of my discounts that the CSR added to my account, I'm paying only $10 more a month than I was paying before, PLUS free HBO (14 channels) for a year! (regularly $20/month)

If I had attempted to do it online, I would have paid $30 more a month to keep what I had, maintained my 50/25 and no free HBO.

So word to the wise - call Verizon, talk to a CSR and ask for as many discounts as you can!

just lou
join:2008-05-16
Staten Island, NY
Arcadyan FiOS-G3100

just lou

said by dmine45:

I just renewed my 2 year contract for FiOS. (Triple Play - Extreme HD, 75/35, DV unlimited)

Somehow in the process I went from 50/25 to 75/35. With all of my discounts that the CSR added to my account, I'm paying only $10 more a month than I was paying before, PLUS free HBO (14 channels) for a year! (regularly $20/month)

If I had attempted to do it online, I would have paid $30 more a month to keep what I had, maintained my 50/25 and no free HBO.

So word to the wise - call Verizon, talk to a CSR and ask for as many discounts as you can!

Keep an eye on your first and second bill. I renewed online and got $20 in renewal discounts. I had a minor issue which required me to call, and after talking to a CSR who promised me the moon, I actually lost $10 in credits on my first bill. It took several phone calls and some help in the Verizon Direct forum to get things straightened out.

mking128
join:2005-08-10
Whitestone, NY

mking128 to kenwvt

to kenwvt

Verizon renewed Tri-Play contract deal

Just checking in with others in NYC, being away and couldn't called in, so just did the 2 year renewal online as the first out-of-contract billing was something like $165/monthly with taxes & fees - was paying $111/month for our 1st. 24 months with various discounts. Triple Play with Extreme HD, 25/25 and Unlimited Voice, 2 HD STB and Multi-Room DVT with 1 SD STB included free-for-life (Equipment package $39.95 with $20.00 Credit for DVR) and no router rental fee (latest Rev.I as installed) About 15 days into the new 24 month contract/billing cycle and the revised bill is just over $145/mo - an increase of $33 (only credit/offer was $5/mo for 24 month contract instead of M-T-M and the DVD discount) Going to 50/25 will be $10/add'l as being promoted all along and no extra discounts or offer, actual speed fluffed to 31/26 is more than adequate for our household needs & in keeping expenses down - we dropped VZW for T-Mo and saved about $70/mo on 2 lines with prepaid and gained 4G/LTE and no contract.

Is this the best deal VZ can offer for NYC or should I call in tomorrow & speak with CSR to review & see if they can lower it?

Triple Play bundle was $115 less $5 discount @ $110/mo
Equipment fees at $35 less $20 discount/credit for MR-DVR and (SD)STB @ $15/mo, and, no router fees (yet)
Taxes & Fees @ $14/mo
Total monthly billed amount (estimated) $145 - auto bill payment direct from checking account

Using neighbor's address to check offers for new customer signing up for Fios, with the higher equipment fees and router rental, etc. - it looked like the best online offer with taxes/fees/rental charges, etc. would come to $130 to $135 - and, we will have to disconnect all the equipment, return them to the store & schedule/wait for them to re-install (although all the wirings are already in place and we have the box & BBU, etc. all inside in the basement already)

Ideas & advise - press for another $5, 10 or even $15 or $20 discount since we auto paid on time, or, just take it. T.I.A.
davemanfl
join:2008-01-04
North Port, FL

davemanfl to kenwvt

to kenwvt

Re: Verizon new contract deal

I don't think I can do any better $111.00 per month plus $20.00 disc for Double up..

Bundle
Verizon Triple Play $69.99
FiOS Digital Voice Unlimited

FiOS TV Prime HD

FiOS Internet 50/25

$5 24 Mo. FiOS Digital Voice Discount Included

$25 Bundle 24 Mo. Credit Included

$35 Bundle 24 Mo. Credit Included

FiOS TV
(Rent): 2 TV Equipment Package $19.98
DVR Service Discount -$6.00
Multi-Room DVR Service $12.00

Subtotal $95.97
Taxes, Fees and Other Verizon Charges $13.41
Regional Sports Network Fee $2.42
Estimated Monthly Charges $111.80

One-Time Charges
FiOS Internet Activation Fee @ $49.99 Fee Waived
FiOS Internet Installation Charge @ $79.99 Fee Waived

Subtotal $0.00

Taxes, fees and surcharges are an estimate and will be based on your actual activation/installation date.

dmine45
join:2002-11-03
Fredericksburg, VA

dmine45 to just lou

to just lou
said by just lou:

Keep an eye on your first and second bill. I renewed online and got $20 in renewal discounts. I had a minor issue which required me to call, and after talking to a CSR who promised me the moon, I actually lost $10 in credits on my first bill. It took several phone calls and some help in the Verizon Direct forum to get things straightened out.

Even though they E-mailed you the expected charges while you were still on the phone with the Verizon CSR they still screwed up??? Seriously, I thought that's why went to all that effort to avoid any issues.

just lou
Staten Island, NY
Arcadyan FiOS-G3100

just lou

said by dmine45:

said by just lou:

Even though they E-mailed you the expected charges while you were still on the phone with the Verizon CSR they still screwed up??? Seriously, I thought that's why went to all that effort to avoid any issues.

I renewed online. I had order and confirmation numbers. I got an email 2 days later stating there was an "issue" with my order and had to call to straighten it out. When I did, the CSR told me the issue was my 35/35 internet. Long story short after refusing to pay to "upgrade" to 50/25, she said I could keep my 35/35 etc. She also promised me an extra $10 a month off. When I checked "My Services" a few days later, my account only showed a $5 discount for 12 months. My Triple Play cost was $144.95 instead of the $129.95 that I agreed to. It took several calls and finally Verizon Direct to straighten it out.
daghis
Premium Member
join:2004-07-22
Canonsburg, PA

daghis

Premium Member

said by just lou:

I renewed online. I had order and confirmation numbers. I got an email 2 days later stating there was an "issue" with my order and had to call to straighten it out.

I had a similar problem. I upgraded my service from TV only to triple-play online. I had a reasonably attractive deal with good discounts. Shortly thereafter, Verizon cancelled my online order and replaced it with another one. The replaced order didn't offer the same pricing or discounts that the online one did. (That order got cancelled, too... it took five or six orders before everything was finally set up.)

It then took several calls and also help from Verizon FiOS's twitter team to get the pricing corrected to what it should have been originally.
nickyboy4
join:2008-07-24
Farmingdale, NY

nickyboy4 to just lou

to just lou
Lou, is your price with Ultimate TV package?
Seems
join:2012-04-11
Montgomery Village, MD

Seems to kenwvt

to kenwvt
My current Triple Play deal expires in 6 weeks. For $120/month I have the Ultimate HD package with 50/50 Internet and DV, thanks to One Bill and several other discounts (STBs are extra). If I simply maintain the agreement it goes up to $165. If I enter into a new 2-year agreement using their online registration, I can get the same package for $140. My question is at what point do I contact my local office if I want to see if I can cut a better deal - now, or after it expires? Any other strategies that might work?

just lou
Staten Island, NY
Arcadyan FiOS-G3100

just lou to nickyboy4

to nickyboy4
said by nickyboy4:

Lou, is your price with Ultimate TV package?

Yeah. Ultimate. The price was only $10 a month more than Extreme.
jimboe
join:2000-08-14
New York

jimboe

Question Lou:

129/mo your paying.

How many and type STB's do you have?

And how much more on top of the 129 do they add?

AND- I assume none of that includes taxes, correct?

bohratom
My Jersey Giants finally winning again..
join:2011-07-07
Red Bank NJ

bohratom

said by jimboe:

129/mo your paying.

The 129/mo is only for the Triple play base price and does not includes stb's/sports fees/taxes. I was offered the same plan last month.
Bytezboy
join:2001-05-17
New York, NY

Bytezboy to kenwvt

to kenwvt
Is $10 extra to upgrade from Extreme to Ultimate tier the same everywhere?

bohratom
My Jersey Giants finally winning again..
join:2011-07-07
Red Bank NJ

bohratom

said by Bytezboy:

Is $10 extra to upgrade from Extreme to Ultimate tier the same everywhere?

Depends if a new customer or not. If not UltimateHD is around $30 more then ExtremeHD I see in the NJ area.