share rss forum feed

BHNtechXpert
BHN Staff
Premium,VIP
join:2006-02-16
Saint Petersburg, FL
kudos:131

[CFL] Let's meet at Otronicon!!!

Hey guys just a heads up I will be at Otronicon (our booth) this coming Friday. Exact timing not sure yet but will update you. Lets put some faces to usernames and finally meet in person. Bring the kids they will have a blast! Looking forward to finally meeting you!

»www.otronicon.org/

neonhomer
KK4BFN
Premium
join:2004-01-27
Edgewater, FL

Bump for a good cause...

John97
Over The Hills And Far Away
Premium
join:2000-11-14
Spring Hill, FL
reply to BHNtechXpert

Sounds cool. Gotta work though. All the fun stuff seems to take place on days/weekends when I have to work.
--
So put me on a highway, and show me a sign.
And take it to the limit one more time...

telijah

join:2013-04-22
Saint Petersburg, FL
reply to BHNtechXpert

Doh, their site is blocked by the company firewall. What exactly is it? And is it normal to providers to join in on the "gaming and simulation conferences"...? Oh, and where is it?

BHNtechXpert
BHN Staff
Premium,VIP
Saint Petersburg, FL
reply to BHNtechXpert

»www.osc.org/index.php?option=com···emid=139

Just received word I will be there from 12-4pm on Friday. T see if that link works for you and then check the main link from home.

BHNtechXpert
BHN Staff
Premium,VIP
Saint Petersburg, FL
reply to John97

said by John97:

Sounds cool. Gotta work though. All the fun stuff seems to take place on days/weekends when I have to work.

It will be on throughout the weekend. Chris Berry (BHNInsider) will be there on Saturday.
--
~All truth goes through three phases. First, it is ridiculed. Second, it is violently opposed. Third, it is accepted as self-evident. - Arthur Schopenhauer ~

BHNtechXpert
BHN Staff
Premium,VIP
Saint Petersburg, FL
reply to BHNtechXpert

KMdean, HDOrlando, SparkyCFL, Irspalten (and wife) here's your chance to give me hell in person I would finally love to meet you guys. I can promise you this is a lot of fun....amazing tech and if you have kids or grandkids they will absolutely love it.

SparkyinCFL
Premium
join:2008-12-21
Saint Cloud, FL

I am checking my calendar ... that would be lots of fun

Milkman

join:2011-03-10
Brooksville, FL
kudos:1
reply to BHNtechXpert

The one weekend I won't be in Orlando.

BHNtechXpert
BHN Staff
Premium,VIP
Saint Petersburg, FL

said by Milkman:

The one weekend I won't be in Orlando.

Cancel your plans!! Lets meet Look there will be other times. I will be @ SunNFun in Lakeland this spring and I'm trying to book more CFL local events for 2014.
--
~All truth goes through three phases. First, it is ridiculed. Second, it is violently opposed. Third, it is accepted as self-evident. - Arthur Schopenhauer ~

ShadowFoxBiH

join:2013-04-27
Port Richey, FL
reply to BHNtechXpert

Darn I will be Colorado Thursday through Monday thanks to some training sessions..... LOL I feel a cold coming on!

BHNtechXpert
BHN Staff
Premium,VIP
Saint Petersburg, FL

said by ShadowFoxBiH:

Darn I will be Colorado Thursday through Monday thanks to some training sessions..... LOL I feel a cold coming on!

You're right ....just about the time you get off the plane in Denver. You don't want to go out there it's wayyyy too cold for your Florida blood.
--

ShadowFoxBiH

Port Richey, FL

Far too true Gary, but I have some lab sessions and training for some new storage technologies so it should be decently interesting as long as no one goes on forever.

BHNtechXpert
BHN Staff
Premium,VIP
Saint Petersburg, FL

said by ShadowFoxBiH:

Far too true Gary, but I have some lab sessions and training for some new storage technologies so it should be decently interesting as long as no one goes on forever.

At least there's some tech involved and probably free lunch (and if you're lucky cake of some type). There will be a next time soon enough
--

ShadowFoxBiH

Port Richey, FL

I will say if you want to see carnivores in action put a bowl of food around a group of IT Engineers if it lasts five minutes it has to be a miracle

BHNtechXpert
BHN Staff
Premium,VIP
Saint Petersburg, FL
reply to BHNtechXpert

Uh huh.....food is a serious motivator....especially cake (I might be harping on the cake thing a bit much.....it does motivate me)

telijah

join:2013-04-22
Saint Petersburg, FL
reply to BHNtechXpert

Didn't realize it was in Orlando. I would not be able to get out of work to head to Orlando to meet up Gary. But you're local, so chance encounters aren't out of the question, just wear your hat all day and should be easy to spot ya.

BHNtechXpert
BHN Staff
Premium,VIP
Saint Petersburg, FL

said by telijah:

Didn't realize it was in Orlando. I would not be able to get out of work to head to Orlando to meet up Gary. But you're local, so chance encounters aren't out of the question, just wear your hat all day and should be easy to spot ya.

Well I will be at the Grand Prix this year and will likely have pre-race goodness for you guys so stay tuned. I also work a number of our local events so I'll let ya know when the next one is.
--

geo44

join:2013-03-20
Saint Petersburg, FL

BH should set up a booth at the Greenthumb festival at Walter Fuller park. Thats always packed every time I have gone. They would get plenty of exposure there. That's something I go to every year. And yes, non plant growing companies do set up booths

BHNtechXpert
BHN Staff
Premium,VIP
Saint Petersburg, FL
reply to BHNtechXpert

When is it?

geo44

Saint Petersburg, FL

April 26 and 27, 2014
heres the link:
»www.stpeteparksrec.org/greenthumb/

BHNtechXpert
BHN Staff
Premium,VIP
Saint Petersburg, FL
reply to BHNtechXpert

Don't know if thats our kind of venue but will ask....I will however check it out since I do lots of yard stuff. Remind me and we can meet up there.

geo44

Saint Petersburg, FL

will do , its on my calendar.

Milkman

join:2011-03-10
Brooksville, FL
kudos:1
reply to BHNtechXpert

I can't go to the green thumb thing. I would be thrown out since I can kill fake plants.

BHNtechXpert
BHN Staff
Premium,VIP
Saint Petersburg, FL

said by Milkman:

I can't go to the green thumb thing. I would be thrown out since I can kill fake plants.

Wow man thats bad!!!! I'll tell you my family has always been in the garden and as geeky and technical as I am you would think I wouldn't go near dirt. Quite the opposite....it is my escape....have I killed my fair share of plants....lets not go there lol!
--

neonhomer
KK4BFN
Premium
join:2004-01-27
Edgewater, FL
reply to Milkman

said by Milkman:

I used to go to the garden show they hold at the Ocean Center in Daytona each year for a while. My mother used to work for a plant nursery and they had a display there, so I was able to get in for free. That and I helped drag stuff in and out for them. I haven't been since she quit.

I thought about taking my oldest son to Otronicon, but I don't know if he would leave the computer long enough... LOL
--
"F is for Fire that burns down the whole town...
U is for Uranium...... Bombs...
N is for NO SURVIVORS!!!!!" Sheldon Plankton

Keep Calm and Carry On

BHNtechXpert
BHN Staff
Premium,VIP
Saint Petersburg, FL

said by neonhomer:

said by Milkman:

I used to go to the garden show they hold at the Ocean Center in Daytona each year for a while. My mother used to work for a plant nursery and they had a display there, so I was able to get in for free. That and I helped drag stuff in and out for them. I haven't been since she quit.

I thought about taking my oldest son to Otronicon, but I don't know if he would leave the computer long enough... LOL

Oh yea he will....just show him the website and what will be there....if he's totally into tech it is the thing to do this weekend. Especially from a gaming perspective.
--

BHNtechXpert
BHN Staff
Premium,VIP
Saint Petersburg, FL
reply to BHNtechXpert

And so the long drive begins.... see you there.

weaseled386

join:2008-04-13
Edgewater, FL

I'm there.. Where is the BHN booth?! This place is round, tall, and confusing.

BHNtechXpert
BHN Staff
Premium,VIP
Saint Petersburg, FL
reply to BHNtechXpert

I'm talking to you right now face to face lol