Awwww yisss.

SixOfNine
Brake In A Ladylike Manner.
Premium
join:2001-08-30
Sterling, VA

1 recommendation

reply to darcilicious

Lots of recognizable scenes for book readers - can't wait!
--
Leave the gun. Take the cannoli.

Octavean
Premium,MVM
join:2001-03-31
New York, NY
kudos:1

1 recommendation

reply to darcilicious

Hot damn!

Alpha Phoenix
Premium
join:2001-06-15
Brooklyn, NY
reply to darcilicious

w00t!

elwoodblues
Elwood Blues
Premium
join:2006-08-30
Somewhere in
kudos:2
reply to darcilicious

That looks damn good, I can hardly wait... damn.. I have to wait 10 weeks after it's initial airing to watch... oh well..

SixOfNine
Premium
Sterling, VA
Reviews:
·Verizon FiOS
reply to darcilicious

Here's the "literal" version of the trailer -- I was promised many guffaws, but I only managed a few chuckles. Still, it grew on me enough to share.

»www.youtube.com/watch?v=OE8-JhBGBWs

--

SixOfNine
Premium
Sterling, VA
Reviews:
·Verizon FiOS
reply to darcilicious

There's a 14.5 minute behind-the-scenes "foreshadowing" segment that I saw before True Detective last night. I can't find it on youtube, but here's the link on hbo.com:

»www.hbo.com/#/game-of-thrones/ab···r3JGAw==

Well worth it, not the least of which because Hodor talks.
--

SixOfNine
Premium
Sterling, VA
Reviews:
·Verizon FiOS

1 recommendation

Aaaaand, my Facebook friend HBO just posted a youtube link on my wall. Enjoy, my websensed friends!

»www.youtube.com/watch?v=J5iS3tUL···youtu.be

--

Octavean
Premium,MVM
New York, NY

Sweet!

Thanks for that.

Can't wait for GoT to start up again,....

SixOfNine
Premium
Sterling, VA
reply to SixOfNine

Oh, and be sure to check out the dragons in this video!
--

andy33

join:2013-11-19
india
reply to darcilicious

have started watching season 3 again, so that to I continue my game of thrones' ride long way..

bionicRod
Funkier than a mohair disco ball.
Premium
join:2009-07-06
united state

1 recommendation

reply to darcilicious

Cannot wait. This is show is the big reason I still pay for cable. My best friend's birthday is March 11th, and he always comes over that weekend for a Game of Thrones-athon of the previous season. Many beers will be consumed, much fun will be had.
--
The world was movin' she was right there with it and she was

Omega
Displaced Ohioan
Premium
join:2002-07-30
Somerset, NJ

2 recommendations

reply to darcilicious

Non-plot related spoiler:

Soon Danny will go to a city where it is custom for women to wear dresses that expose 1 breast. I am looking forward to that!
--
What smells like blue?

Octavean
Premium,MVM
New York, NY

Thanks for that,...

Alpha Phoenix
Premium
join:2001-06-15
Brooklyn, NY
reply to Omega

said by Omega:

Non-plot related spoiler:

Soon Danny will go to a city where it is custom for women to wear dresses that expose 1 breast. I am looking forward to that!

--
"I do not feel obliged to believe that the same God who has endowed us with sense, reason, and intellect has intended us to forgo their use." - Galileo

SixOfNine
Premium
Sterling, VA
Reviews:
·Verizon FiOS

1 recommendation

reply to darcilicious

Here's a fan-made trailer for the upcoming season that's pretty cool:

»www.youtube.com/watch?v=9QyCmG7EVsQ

--

bionicRod
Premium
united state

That was great. I watched season 2 over the weekend, and am getting impatient for the new season. I saw some things in that trailer that have me really looking forward to it.
--

mareastrum

join:2006-09-10
Saint Louis, MO
reply to darcilicious

Oh please let there be more Joffrey slappage. My husband thinks it's funny that I look forward to that, but let's be honest, who really likes the little sniveling brat?

My husband has warned that this season will probably have more surprises than the last one did, though he wouldn't say if The Red Wedding would be topped by anything else. I'm a little bit leery.

TigerLord
Resident pentaxian
Premium,Mod
join:2002-06-09
Canada
kudos:8

1 recommendation

reply to darcilicious

Omega
Displaced Ohioan
Premium
join:2002-07-30
Somerset, NJ
reply to mareastrum

said by mareastrum:

Oh please let there be more Joffrey slappage. My husband thinks it's funny that I look forward to that, but let's be honest, who really likes the little sniveling brat?

My husband has warned that this season will probably have more surprises than the last one did, though he wouldn't say if The Red Wedding would be topped by anything else. I'm a little bit leery.

About 75% into Book 4, Tony Stark makes an appearance and goes on a killing spree in revenge of his ancestors.
--
What smells like blue?

darcilicious
Cyber Librarian
Premium
join:2001-01-02
Forest Grove, OR
kudos:4
Reviews:
·Frontier FiOS
reply to darcilicious

New trailer, yay!

»www.youtube.com/watch?v=xIASaUUwklk
Expand your moderator at work

SixOfNine
Premium
Sterling, VA
Reviews:
·Verizon FiOS
reply to darcilicious

Re: [TV] Game of Thrones / Season 4 / April 6

9 Facts You Need To Know If You Love 'Game Of Thrones'

This is a very neat article. Two things stand out for me (no spoilers, promise). First, if the threads here are any indication, those of us who have read the books are generally pleased with how well they have been transferred to the small screen. One deviation from the books that the article mentions:

Daenerys's dragons were NOT kidnapped.

One of the biggest changes the show made from the books was having the Warlocks of Qarth kidnap Dany's dragons in order to force her to enter into their House of the Undying at the end of the second season. In the books, Dany enters the House of the Undying of her own volition, taking her dragons with her for protection, to discover what step she should take next in her quest to retake the Iron Throne of Westeros.

Several prophecies are revealed during Dany's time wandering the House of the Undying. The show understandably could not fit these in (we strongly suggest you read the whole scene from the second book, A Clash of Kings. It is incredible).

One to definitely take note of is that the "Dragon has three heads."

I read the books and that is a great scene -- highly recommended. The article goes on to explain what that meant in the past and what it might mean in the future.

The next one is a doozy, more from educated speculation by the fan base rather than actual source material, but it certainly makes sense:

Jon Snow's parents just might be Rhaegar Targaryen and Lyanna Stark

One of the biggest mysteries of all is the parentage of Jon Snow. We're led to believe dear departed Ned Stark is the father, but the mother remains unknown. Fortunately, the massive and very involved fandom for Thrones believes it has solved this puzzle, and the answer is very convincing. Jon's mother is Lyanna Stark (Ned's younger sister) and his father is actually Rhaegar Targaryen, the eldest son of the Mad King Aerys. Wait, wait, we'll explain.

One of the events that sparks the overthrow of the Targaryen dynasty by Robert Baratheon is the (alleged) kidnapping of Lyanna by Rhaegar. The Targaryen prince is in love with Lyanna and spirits her away (or she leaves willingly; this is unclear).

The Starks demand her return and are refused. The Mad King kills Ned's father and older brother while Ned goes to rescue Lyanna. The rebellion ends in success when Jaime Lannister kills the Mad King and Robert kills Rhaegar in single combat.

Here's where things get murky. Lyanna dies under foggy circumstances in Dorne. Ned finds her in a "bed of blood" and before she succumbs she calls out to Ned to promise her something.

The consensus is that she died in childbirth, and the child born is Jon (fathered by Rhaegar, either by rape or willingly). Lyanna makes Ned promise that he won't reveal the true parentage of Jon, fearing that Robert will kill the boy since he is a Targaryen. As a result, Ned takes the boy as his own bastard.

None of this is confirmed, but is considered close to gospel among the fandom.

--

bionicRod
Premium
united state

I concur with all that. To me, it was clear in the books that Lyanna favored Rhaegar over Robert, and it wasn't much of a leap from there to think Jon was their son. Plus, does Ned seem like the kind of guy to cheat on his wife?

Personally I think Jon will side with Dany when she eventually shows up in Westeros with her dragons, since they will be the ultimate defense against the White Walkers (flying fire breath), and the Seven Kingdoms will go back to being ruled by the Targaryens.

--

SixOfNine
Premium
Sterling, VA
Reviews:
·Verizon FiOS

Yeah, Jon might be one of the three heads of the three-headed dragon, along with Dany and ?????
--

bionicRod
Premium
united state

Maybe Jaime? There is a prophecy early in book one, I can't remember it vebatim anymore, but it clearly spells out big things for him at the end. I need to go back and re-read, everything's getting fuzzy.
--

SixOfNine
Premium
Sterling, VA
Reviews:
·Verizon FiOS
reply to darcilicious

If you need it, here's a 25-minute recap of Season 3 to get you ready.

»www.youtube.com/watch?v=38hnsgqf8O0

--

Jaghar

join:2001-01-30
Painesville, OH

1 recommendation

reply to SixOfNine

said by SixOfNine:

Yeah, Jon might be one of the three heads of the three-headed dragon, along with Dany and ?

At the end of the latest book there is another person of the Targaryen bloodline invading Westeros. That may be the third person.
--
We will always be much more human than we wish to be.

bionicRod
Premium
united state

said by Jaghar:

said by SixOfNine:

Yeah, Jon might be one of the three heads of the three-headed dragon, along with Dany and ?

At the end of the latest book there is another person of the Targaryen bloodline invading Westeros. That may be the third person.

Damn, completely forgot about that. I really do need to go back and re-read.
--