60 minutes.
Any Given Sunday
Etc.
02778712 (banned)
join:2013-07-08
MA

02778712 (banned) to Moorecards

to Moorecards
I think the AFC game determines the SB winner. If Denver wins the AFC they take it all. If the Pat's win the NFC takes it all. That said I don't think Denver loses.

Domane
Premium Member
join:2013-04-18

Domane to Moorecards

Premium Member

to Moorecards
Right now Seattle and San Francisco are not only two of the best teams in the NFL but they are THE current biggest rivalry. A lot of history between the two teams the past couple of years to fuel that rivalry too! Even the coaches don’t like each other.

Both teams have terrific defenses, probably the two best in the league. Both have offenses that really struggle to score points if they can’t run. That’s because both QBs can pass well when protected and they are running pass plays as part of the routine mix of run or pass. However, neither QB can pass very well if they are forced into having to pass. So if you stop their teams run or they are behind enough where they have to pass both QBs struggle. (Take a look at the third down conversion of the Seahawks especially in the second half of the season. It’s dismal. Failure rate is especially bad on third down passing plays.)

Neither team want’s to get behind my any meaningful amount because neither team is very good in doing that against a strong defense.

I'm a fan of both teams. But despite he is a great coach, I hate Harbaugh. So I'm rooting for the Seattle.

Rook008
Miles To Go
Premium Member
join:2002-02-05
Far Rockaway, NY

Rook008 to capecoddah

Premium Member

to capecoddah
said by capecoddah:

Superb Owl?

You sure it's not just a great owl?
Rook008

Rook008 to Moorecards

Premium Member

to Moorecards
I'm rooting for a Denver/Seattle Super Bowl, with the Broncos winning it all.
That said, I have no idea who will actually win this weekend.
wolfy339
join:2005-04-30
Edmonds, WA

wolfy339

All I can say is that if Denver wins the better watch out for Seattle come superbowl time. The Seahawks are a team that cannot be underestimated, period.

aurgathor
join:2002-12-01
Lynnwood, WA

aurgathor to Rook008

to Rook008
said by Rook008:

Even though it was in the pre-season, the Broncos got soundly beaten by the Seahawks.
02778712 (banned)
MA

1 edit

02778712 (banned)

said by aurgathor:

said by Rook008:

Even though it was in the pre-season, the Broncos got soundly beaten by the Seahawks.

Not even worth the mention. What is worth the mention is the all-time series between the Broncos and Seahawks is held by the Broncos, 34-19. If you want to include the pre-season then the Broncos lead the series 7-2. In the time since the Hawks left the AFC West the Broncos hold the lead 2-1.
wolfy339
join:2005-04-30
Edmonds, WA

wolfy339

What's more is that the seahawks and broncos will play eachother next season

capecoddah
join:2005-03-18
Yarmouth Port, MA

2 recommendations

capecoddah to Rook008

to Rook008
said by Rook008:

You sure it's not just a great owl?

Yep. Superb Owl. No NFL trademark violations.

Rook008
Miles To Go
Premium Member
Far Rockaway, NY

Rook008

Premium Member

That was a good one.

aurgathor
join:2002-12-01
Lynnwood, WA

1 recommendation

aurgathor to 02778712

to 02778712
said by 02778712:

Not even worth the mention. What is worth the mention is the all-time series between the Broncos and Seahawks is held by the Broncos, 34-19.

Irrelevant. Most of the players that were in this year's pre-season game will still be playing, but most of those who participated in those 53 games are long retired.

skrud
join:2002-05-19
Barrington, IL

skrud to Moorecards

to Moorecards
This is the best Sun of the season.

Usually 2 great games without the 2 weeks of mouthing.
02778712 (banned)
MA

02778712 (banned) to aurgathor

to aurgathor
said by aurgathor:

said by 02778712:

Not even worth the mention. What is worth the mention is the all-time series between the Broncos and Seahawks is held by the Broncos, 34-19.

Irrelevant. Most of the players that were in this year's pre-season game will still be playing, but most of those who participated in those 53 games are long retired.

Irrelevant. Most of the players who played the pre-season game got cut when they trimmed to 53 players. The 53 who remained didn't actually 'play' the game just were just there to have fun. The fact anyone would use a pre-season game is a joke.

Rook008
Miles To Go
Premium Member
Far Rockaway, NY

Rook008 to Moorecards

Premium Member

to Moorecards
I don't put much weight behind either the pre-season match-up or the two teams historical records.
I would be interested in how Wilson holds up under the pressure of the biggest game of the year, and how Peyton throws in the NY February cold.

But we're getting a bit ahead of ourselves, neither team is a Conference Champ yet.
02778712 (banned)
MA

02778712 (banned) to Moorecards

to Moorecards
The crazy part is both NFC team's QB's are making under $1.5 million a year. Those teams are going to go down as soon as they have to pay their QB's real money.

Rook008
Miles To Go
Premium Member
Far Rockaway, NY

Rook008

Premium Member

That is pretty weird, a back-up who takes over due to the starter's injury and a second-year rookie playing in the Conference Championship game. And both playing at a pretty high level.
02778712 (banned)
MA

02778712 (banned)

said by Rook008:

That is pretty weird, a back-up who takes over due to the starter's injury and a second-year rookie playing in the Conference Championship game. And both playing at a pretty high level.

Peyton made over double what Wilson and Kap make their entire contracts combined in his first year with Denver. Wilson is making $3M over 4 years and Kap $5.1M over 4 years while Peyton makes $96M over 5 years. That's a major advantage to the NFC. They can afford to bring in better players elsewhere since they have the cap room.

captokita
Premium Member
join:2005-02-22
Calabash, NC

captokita to Moorecards

Premium Member

to Moorecards
New England puts the boots to Denver. Eat that Peyton, just so we can stop hearing the announcers lick his jock over and over. Is Peyton a good QB? YES! Is he a GREAT QB? YES! Is he over-hyped and treated like some sort of god's gift to football? AW HELL YES. The last thing I want to see is a Bronco's SB win. Then it will NEVER stop. The Patriots showed last week that they have a mean running game now too, to add to the passing abilities it has. But as was said, any given Sunday. If Denver plays this week like they did last week, then NE has a big opportunity.

Seattle will beat SF. This one should be a good game too. I don't really have a preference here, but I'd like to see Seattle win.

As for the bowl, as much as I would love for NE to win, they have a tendency to play like dipshits when the big game comes along. I'll still pick NE to win, but won't be the least bit surprised if they don't.

Domane
Premium Member

Domane to Moorecards

Premium Member

to Moorecards
The winner of the NFC game is IMO to be favored over whoever the winner is in the AFC. The Niners and Hawks have two of the three best defenses in the NFL and are capable of limiting, (not shutting down), Super Manning and Super Brady.

The AFC's best, not only, chance is to keep the score in the game low--or at least close. They don't want to get behind by any more than 10 points.

Eagles LoveR
Dawkins is a true Eagle
Premium Member
join:2001-11-29
Trenton, NJ

Eagles LoveR to Moorecards

Premium Member

to Moorecards
As much as the 49ers and Seahawks defenses are far and beyond the best left in the playoffs - the same is easily said about Manning and Brady being far and beyond the best QBs left in the playoffs. Peyton Manning should hoist his second trophy in a couple weeks.

I use to hate on Manning, but that man is easily one of the greatest QBs of all time(If he wins another one or 2 he will EASILY be the #1 QB of all time) No QB is nearly as intelligent as he is.

Domane
Premium Member

Domane

Premium Member

You're a "youngster" according to your profile. I say youngster with envy.

My point is you as an intelligent sophisticated adult football fan that you are now, never in that state got to see Joe Montana in his prime. The guy was so good that in his prime he was as perfect a QB that ever played the game. One example of how super he was. Even when he at the end of his career with arm problems teams wouldn't blitz him. (Except for the occassional just "to keep him honest" blitz. Rare though.)

Eagles LoveR
Dawkins is a true Eagle
Premium Member
Trenton, NJ

Eagles LoveR

Premium Member

I'm talking about coaching your own offense. Peyton is the only QB to call his plays and do it his own way, no other QB was in that much control(still no QB that does it). Montana was magnificent, where he stands today he is more than likely the greatest - but Peyton if he wins one or 2 more with all the stats all the other smarts how can you not give it to him?
NefCanuck
join:2007-06-26
Mississauga, ON

NefCanuck to Moorecards

to Moorecards
I'm hoping that Denver wins in the AFC, if only to finally, hopefully, put to bed the myth that Tom Brady at QB and Bill Belichik at coach are some sort of unstoppable duo.

In the NFC? Really depends on whether Seattle's D can stop not only the passing game of San Fran, but Kapernick at QB as well, because Kapernick can scramble in ways that Peyton and Brady can only dream of...

NefCanuck
Critsmcgee
join:2011-12-02

Critsmcgee to Domane

to Domane
said by Domane:

You're a "youngster" according to your profile. I say youngster with envy.

My point is you as an intelligent sophisticated adult football fan that you are now, never in that state got to see Joe Montana in his prime. The guy was so good that in his prime he was as perfect a QB that ever played the game. One example of how super he was. Even when he at the end of his career with arm problems teams wouldn't blitz him. (Except for the occassional just "to keep him honest" blitz. Rare though.)

Montana was great and I don't see anyone beating him anytime soon. Peyton is good but he's about done and stands no chance to get to Montana's level. I also feel sorry for the youngins who think it's remotely possible for Peyton to eclipse Montana.

Peyton does have one record over Montana: Most first round postseason eliminations by a starting quarterback!

Eagles LoveR
Dawkins is a true Eagle
Premium Member
Trenton, NJ

Eagles LoveR

Premium Member

So if Peyton wins 2 more Sbs(which is realistic) he isn't on Joes level in your mind? Well, okay.
Critsmcgee

Critsmcgee

said by Eagles LoveR:

So if Peyton wins 2 more Sbs(which is realistic) he isn't on Joes level in your mind? Well, okay.

By the numbers he won't be close. Not my opinion that's the facts. If Peyton can go 4-0 in the SB with zero int's and no close games requiring a kicker to win it we'll talk. I won't even go into the regular season stuff.

Eagles LoveR
Dawkins is a true Eagle
Premium Member
Trenton, NJ

Eagles LoveR

Premium Member

The numbers? Peyton has him beat in every way imaginable stat wise and league MVP wise. The only thing currently is the 4 to 1 SB ratio(which is massive, obviously). But if Peyton narrowed that down from 4-1 to 4-3 it's not close despite Mannings much greater stats? Okay.
Critsmcgee

1 edit

Critsmcgee

said by Eagles LoveR:

The numbers? Peyton has him beat in every way imaginable stat wise and league MVP wise. The only thing currently is the 4 to 1 SB ratio(which is massive, obviously). But if Peyton narrowed that down from 4-1 to 4-3 it's not close despite Mannings much greater stats? Okay.

Peyton is good in the protected QB, PI new rules league today. If Montana was doing it now he's kill Peyton in numbers. Different leagues needs to be taken into account. There's no way for you to compare them without any knowledge of the league in which Montana played either.

Old article (2010) but it's a good read. They put him at #5 all-time.
»www.nydailynews.com/spor ··· 1.462621

You'd be hard pressed to put Manning over Brady right now too.