spc
Search similar:

uniqs
ansky
join:2009-05-18
West Orange, NJ

ansky

Poor streaming on Fios Mobile app

I have tried the Fios Mobile app on my tablet and on my phone, and I find that after a few minutes of watching a channel the picture starts to freeze up (or get really slow) and that little circle (waiting....waiting...) pops up in the middle of the screen. I usually then have to exit out of the app and go back to the channel again, where it then works for a few more minutes before stalling again. Has anyone else experience this? It happens on my tablet and my phone, so I know it's not related to a single device. This is through my home wifi connection.

matcarl
Premium Member
join:2007-03-09
Franklin Square, NY

matcarl

Premium Member

I watched a one hour program on my iPad about two weeks ago at home, and the picture froze many times, it always fixed itself, I didn't have to restart it, but it was very annoying. I don't normally watch anything that long to make a solid determination on how well it normally works, but that one time wasn't anything I'd give a thumbs up to. I was also sitting right next to my router.
PJL
join:2008-07-24
Long Beach, CA

PJL

said by matcarl:

I watched a one hour program on my iPad about two weeks ago at home, and the picture froze many times, it always fixed itself, I didn't have to restart it, but it was very annoying. I don't normally watch anything that long to make a solid determination on how well it normally works, but that one time wasn't anything I'd give a thumbs up to. I was also sitting right next to my router.

My in-home streaming is consistently without freezing. I used to get freezes but then checked my WiFi network with a network scanner and discovered a neighbor's WiFi with a strong signal was on the same channel. I set the router to use a clear channel, and I haven't seen the problem since, except once on one channel that apparently was their feed to Verizon because all of the other channels were fine at the time.

Greg2600
join:2008-05-20
Belleville, NJ

Greg2600 to ansky

to ansky
Mine works fine on android phone, ipad 2, but terribly on iphone 5.