spc
Search similar:

uniqs
Roided
join:2012-01-04
Coraopolis, PA

Roided

[Classes] What char should i play?

I love my Warrior. Its been my main since iv started. Lately iv been trying to find another class that excites me to play. I always wanted to try a warlock so i got one to 90...dont love it. Actually, i filled out 2 older wow class quizes and both said the lock was least like my personality and playstyle. I think i just prefer melee based classes. I do enjoy a frost dk as well. I want to play a class that is viable in pvp and pve (since i do both). I was thinking rogue or ret pally but wanted to get your thoughts. I couldnt find a wow class quiz with monk listed on it yet.

Any thoughts on this? (i just didnt want to waste time leveling another class i wasnt fond of)

Stonehawk
Service with a smile
Premium Member
join:2001-05-17
Madison, WI

Stonehawk

Premium Member

Um....well....whatever you want? Try different ones and get them up to level 20 to try them out?

Not sure how to make a recommendation on what char you should try, if you dont know yourself.

Jerry

navymaverick
join:2011-07-21
Papillion, NE

navymaverick to Roided

to Roided
Pally
Roided
join:2012-01-04
Coraopolis, PA

Roided to Stonehawk

to Stonehawk
My big problem that leveling isnt a great example of how the class will feel end game. Heirloom gear almost makes it impossible to get a feel for a class because of blowing through mobs/quests/dungeons. For example, i leveled my lock as demo. It was minion attack, 2 spells and dead for all mobs. Not the same as when you are max level and raiding or pvping. I dont mind destro but affliction feels completely weird to me (dislike completely), which is what id be doing in arena for 3's.

I realized after leveling the lock that id stick to melee style play. As i said, i enjoy the playstyle of a warrior. I realize no two classes are the same, however i was hoping i could get some thoughts on what would be similarish to that style and what is very viable end game.

Kilroy
MVM
join:2002-11-21
Saint Paul, MN

Kilroy to Roided

MVM

to Roided
Guardian Druid or Brewmaster Monk, nothing like grabbing as many mobs as you can reach and mowing them down.

stvnbrs
Premium Member
join:2009-03-17
Cary, NC

stvnbrs to Roided

Premium Member

to Roided
I have played almost strictly melee since the end of BC. I am playing a Frost DK right now and enjoy it. I also have a leveled ret pally and feral druid. Ret is easy mode, almost to bordom, feral druid is the opposite but is constantly tinkered with each expansion. I haven't played my warrior since Cata, and slowly leveling my rogue in MoP. Rogues are alright, but are a one-trick pony, and since I like to solo old content, the DK was great for me. I would try it out.

BG5150
join:2008-08-14
New York, NY

BG5150 to Roided

to Roided
No quiz or random group if internet people can tell you which class or spec you’ll best enjoy. You are just going to have to try for yourself.

Rogues will deal a lot of damage, but have to be up close. They are also hella good in PvP.

seaquake
MVM
join:2001-03-23
Millersville, MD

seaquake to Roided

MVM

to Roided
I'm probably about an hour away from finishing leveling the monk I started a couple of weeks ago. I've had a blast with it. My first great love of wow characters is the hunter; I certainly do prefer ranged. For Melee I've rolled a ret pally, frost DK, assassination rogue and now the DPS monk.

If I had to make a choice of which one I'd roll again, I'd probably have to flip a coin between the pally and the monk. Frost DK has been fun, but not quite as much as the other two. The rogue is probably the least fun for me because I just don't do well with it's play mechanics. It is fun and great utility, but just not my cup of tea.

I thought warriors were the tops in PvP right now? If PvP is a prime factor in deciding what do run next, then I'd have to say the Rogue is probably your best bet.

Cat5
join:2013-04-26

Cat5 to Roided

to Roided
I have tried all melee classes except the warrior. In my opinion they all pale in comparison to the glory of the warlock so totally opposite to you.

Rogues are awful. They do a fair bit of damage and are fun to play, but if you dare stand to close to the fire, or if you get a mob on you (quite common with some tanks) then it's usually game over unless the healers are paying serious attention (and some like letting rogues die due to PvP)

Monks are very middle of the road. Tanking feels a bit wrong, but DPS is fairly fluent and you can get some good numbers if you're good. Mine seems less of a glass cannon than the rogue for some reason.

Druids are pretty sweet, cat form is essentially very roguey but with a far better toolset to avoid damage. Bear form tanking isn't for me.

Shamans are fun to play as melee, but I can never push the numbers I can in ranged mode although that will be due to my gear being int/spirit as resto is my main spec. Even when geared, the general consensus seems to be that whilst fun to play, they don't do enough DPS unless you have high end game gear in a lower end game content. Shame.

Paladins are fun, Retribution had some nice buffs regarding the buff you have to keep up. Previously it was a proper chore to maintain but now it's a lot more smoothed and you feel you have time to DPS more. Prot wise paladins are super awesome, best tanks in the game.

Death Knights are "a warrior with spells" as my warrior friend put it. Frost/Unholy are both fun and viable currently, with frost still edging it just. Blood is good for soloing, but I don't like the distint lack of instant-aggro generation they have when compared to the paladin.

To be honest though, warriors are probably the best melee class. My friend has played one since always, he's created alt after alt after alt, but each expansion he's always been back to the warrior.