uniqs
share rss forum feed

Black_Mage
Premium
join:2012-09-12
USA
kudos:1

[BOINC] Big work units

Has anyone else noticed a big increase in the amount of time it takes to get through a work unit? I'm talking about the cancer project.

Ray422
Premium,MVM
join:2002-03-04
Lost
kudos:12
Reviews:
·Time Warner Cable

Yes indeed.
I don't like units that run for more than a full day; never have. My little dual core started running about 38-40 hours per unit, so I took it off the cancer project and limited it to aids only. My other machines seem to be running around 10 hours, so I left them alone. All the machines are running at stock speeds.

Metal Head
Premium
join:2001-02-15
Escondido, CA
reply to Black_Mage

I find that my WU's are all over the place ranging from 4 hours to 12 -14 hours on my i3-550.
--
Team Discovery

bbrcat
RIP Lisa
Premium,MVM
join:2000-12-09
NH
kudos:3

4 recommendations

reply to Black_Mage

I don't care how long the WU's are...I crunch in the memory of others and shall always do so.
--
Team
Discovery

Ray422
Premium,MVM
Lost
Reviews:
·Time Warner Cable

1 recommendation

reply to Black_Mage

said by bbrcat:

I don't care how long the WU's are...I crunch in the memory of others and shall always do so.

Is your implication that we don't crunch in the memory of others, merely because we don't like long work units?

Black_Mage
Premium
join:2012-09-12
USA
kudos:1
Reviews:
·Windstream

3 recommendations

I'm pretty sure they didn't mean that, but if they don't care then why post in this thread? Anyway I just posed the question because I want to make sure my computers aren't the only ones taking longer. If they are, it might indicate a problem with my machines.

bbrcat
RIP Lisa
Premium,MVM
join:2000-12-09
NH
kudos:3
Reviews:
·Time Warner Cable

3 recommendations

reply to Ray422

said by Ray422:

said by bbrcat:

Is your implication that we don't crunch in the memory of others, merely because we don't like long work units?

Of course not Ray. We are all here for both our own AND shared reasons.I just feel so strongly about my/our mission here that I remain indifferent to work unit lengths,though never to the feelings nor reasons of others in our family ! I apologize for any misunderstanding along these lines.
--
Team
Discovery

Ray422
Premium,MVM
Lost

1 recommendation

Thank you for the clarification and the apology.
All is good