MVM
join:2001-08-03
Grand Rapids, MI

1 recommendation

Nightfall to swanlee

MVM

to swanlee

Re: Business class option for getting around the Cap for Comcast

I haven't been going over the cap so I haven't looked into this. I can tell you my brother has went through this. He had the preferred TV package (everything but premium channels and sports package) and Blast internet. Getting blast internet in business class was a lot more expensive. So he bought performance internet and the preferred TV equivalent and only pays $20 more per month than he did with his double play package. (About $130 a month and he signed a 2 year deal).

He has no caps now and has the right TV package he wants and its a great deal for him.

I believe the only caveat is that you have to get business TV and phone as well as internet. You can't get residential TV and phone, and then get the business internet at the same address. At least he had that problem when he initially signed up, but that was 3 years ago. Things could have changed on this front.

ResTV_BizHSI
@comcast.net

ResTV_BizHSI

Anon

said by Nightfall:

I believe the only caveat is that you have to get business TV and phone as well as internet. You can't get residential TV and phone, and then get the business internet at the same address. At least he had that problem when he initially signed up, but that was 3 years ago. Things could have changed on this front.

~3 years ago when I first got Comcast Business Class HSI, I just added the BC HSI to my existing residential TV connection. I actually tried to get Business Class TV service (it was cheaper at the time with a bundle), but I was told that I could not get Business Class TV service unless I had a business that had a waiting room for customers, and/or a canteen/lounge area for employees (my installation is in a home office environment). Of course, like most things that Comcast offers, the rules vary in each franchise.
swanlee
join:2013-12-05

swanlee to Nightfall

to Nightfall
I talked to a business rep and they would not give me TV only internet and phone. Speeds were 75/15 and I got a bundle discount for phone.