spc
Search similar:

uniqs

PharmGirl99
@bhn.net

PharmGirl99

Anon

[TV] DVR Conflict - Episode Reairs

I recently upgraded my cable DVR to an HDTV DVR. I'm setting up my Series Recordings and there are some conflicts when I have 3 shows recording. The issue is that the HD DVR is not recognizing the shows that re-air later that night (generally from 11:00 - 1:00am). When I attempt to resolve that conflict and cancel the show I know will repeat later, the HD DVR doesn't recognize and record it. My regular DVR always automatically recognized the cancellation and set the later episode to record. Is there a way to resolve this so that I don't need to babysit my HD DVR to ensure that it recorded the later show? The example that I have is Channel 1008 (WFLAHD) 10:00pm - The Blacklist, Channel 1011 (WFTSHD) 10:00pm - Castle, & Channel 1301 (MTVHD) 10:00pm - Teen Wolf. Teen Wolf repeats again @ 11:30pm, but the HD DVR didn't automatically recognize to record this airing. Any assistance is greatly appreciated!

rb
@bhn.net

rb

Anon

Only way I think you can accomplish what you want is not record Teen Wolfe as a Series......simply go it on the Guide....at its 11:30 airing....an just select Record
Aprel
join:2013-09-14

Aprel to PharmGirl99

to PharmGirl99
You're lucky if you've had a BHN-issued DVR that could accomplish that. I've had 3 different models and none were that smart (never tried a non-HD model, tho). I believe your only option is, since those series will usually be in conflict every week, schedule Teen Wolf to always record later at 11:30.
BHNtechXpert
The One & Only
Premium Member
join:2006-02-16
Saint Petersburg, FL

BHNtechXpert to PharmGirl99

Premium Member

to PharmGirl99
said by PharmGirl99 :

I recently upgraded my cable DVR to an HDTV DVR. I'm setting up my Series Recordings and there are some conflicts when I have 3 shows recording. The issue is that the HD DVR is not recognizing the shows that re-air later that night (generally from 11:00 - 1:00am). When I attempt to resolve that conflict and cancel the show I know will repeat later, the HD DVR doesn't recognize and record it. My regular DVR always automatically recognized the cancellation and set the later episode to record. Is there a way to resolve this so that I don't need to babysit my HD DVR to ensure that it recorded the later show? The example that I have is Channel 1008 (WFLAHD) 10:00pm - The Blacklist, Channel 1011 (WFTSHD) 10:00pm - Castle, & Channel 1301 (MTVHD) 10:00pm - Teen Wolf. Teen Wolf repeats again @ 11:30pm, but the HD DVR didn't automatically recognize to record this airing. Any assistance is greatly appreciated!

If I am reading the issue correctly and I think I am, this is corrected in an upcoming update. I will have more on this soon enough and thank you for your patience in the meantime.

telijah
Premium Member
join:2013-04-22
Brandon, FL

telijah to PharmGirl99

Premium Member

to PharmGirl99
Oddly enough, I meant to start watching a new show on Monday's that comes on I think at 10pm. Well around Midnight I remembers, went to the search feature on the Android app, just selected any random one and told it to record only new ones, and sure enough, it picked up the re-aired ones at like 2am, so it seems to still be working already on mine.
BHNtechXpert
The One & Only
Premium Member
Saint Petersburg, FL

BHNtechXpert

Premium Member

said by telijah:

Oddly enough, I meant to start watching a new show on Monday's that comes on I think at 10pm. Well around Midnight I remembers, went to the search feature on the Android app, just selected any random one and told it to record only new ones, and sure enough, it picked up the re-aired ones at like 2am, so it seems to still be working already on mine.

You question to me in IM was correct....

PharmGirl99
@bhn.net

PharmGirl99 to BHNtechXpert

Anon

to BHNtechXpert
I'm now having additional problems with the same Samsung HD DVR. It responds very slow after entering any kind of change from the remote. Also, when I play my recordings I get a black screen. If I do get the recording to play, there are bits that are "slowed down" but there's no pixellations of the video. Unplugging the box after each recording is a short term fix to the black screen issue for only some of the recordings. Is it possible that I will have to get another HD DVR box?
BHNtechXpert
The One & Only
Premium Member
Saint Petersburg, FL

BHNtechXpert

Premium Member

Yes....two things...you could have signal issue or hardware issue....best bet is to open a direct thread so I can take a look.
esl1885
Premium Member
join:2013-10-03
Clearwater, FL

esl1885 to PharmGirl99

Premium Member

to PharmGirl99
I had the exact same problem with a Samsung DVR. It went away when a tech came out and removed a 3 ft piece of cable that the squirrels had chewed thru.
BHNtechXpert
The One & Only
Premium Member
Saint Petersburg, FL

BHNtechXpert

Premium Member

said by esl1885:

I had the exact same problem with a Samsung DVR. It went away when a tech came out and removed a 3 ft piece of cable that the squirrels had chewed thru.

Amazing the fondness those critters have for coax....

telijah
Premium Member
join:2013-04-22
Brandon, FL

telijah

Premium Member

It was squirrels that caused Tampa to have the water boil notice for a whole weekend when they chewed through some important power cabling to a pump station that brought the whole facility down.
BHNtechXpert
The One & Only
Premium Member
Saint Petersburg, FL

BHNtechXpert

Premium Member

Yup apparently they make the cable jacket out of squirrel food.

Pharmgirl99
@64.244.166.x

Pharmgirl99 to BHNtechXpert

Anon

to BHNtechXpert
BHNtechXpert,

This is only my 2nd post. How would I go about doing that?
BHNtechXpert
The One & Only
Premium Member
Saint Petersburg, FL

BHNtechXpert

Premium Member

said by Pharmgirl99 :

BHNtechXpert,

This is only my 2nd post. How would I go about doing that?

Right here »/fo ··· sedirect

You will need to register however

Pharmgirl99
@bhn.net

Pharmgirl99 to BHNtechXpert

Anon

to BHNtechXpert
It might not be a signal issue. I have 2 SD DVRs that aren't having any issues.
BHNtechXpert
The One & Only
Premium Member
Saint Petersburg, FL

BHNtechXpert

Premium Member

said by Pharmgirl99 :

It might not be a signal issue. I have 2 SD DVRs that aren't having any issues.

That doesn't mean anything....signal issues don't have to impact the house in general...it can be one leg off the splitter that's impacted.
Pharmgirl99
join:2014-01-15
Clearwater, FL

Pharmgirl99

Well 1 of the SD boxes was where the HD box is now.
BHNtechXpert
The One & Only
Premium Member
Saint Petersburg, FL

BHNtechXpert to PharmGirl99

Premium Member

to PharmGirl99
Is now what....I don't understand your response sorry...
Pharmgirl99
join:2014-01-15
Clearwater, FL

Pharmgirl99

I'm thinking it's an HD dvr box issue as it is in the same location as the SD dvr that I was using before. I'm also using the same cables with the exception of the HDMI cable.