rcnman
Jason Nealis
Premium Member
join:2003-05-02
Herndon, VA

rcnman

Premium Member

[TiVo] Winter TiVO update MA and NY

Are happening this week, Boston is tonight and tomorrow and NY will be WED / THUR

hydrox
Premium Member
join:2010-10-30
Lexington, MA

hydrox

Premium Member

So, in Boston area, the update went fine for the Preview box, but it appears to have "killed" the Q box. The RCN tech just finishing installing the replacement Q, and I am back up on the new settings and everything (less my 200 hours of recorded programs).

Did anyone else have problems? The tech said mine was the first Q to have had problems that he had heard of.

rcnman
Jason Nealis
Premium Member
join:2003-05-02
Herndon, VA

rcnman

Premium Member

Can you Define Killed? Was it stuck on a boot up screen, total death? no video.. etc... Stuck on installing? etc...
moby21
join:2007-12-14
Bethlehem, PA

moby21 to rcnman

to rcnman
Any idea when PA will be updated?
hydrox
Premium Member
join:2010-10-30
Lexington, MA

hydrox to rcnman

Premium Member

to rcnman
said by rcnman:

Can you Define Killed? Was it stuck on a boot up screen, total death? no video.. etc... Stuck on installing? etc...

We were away from home for about a week. On turning on my TV setup on Thursday, TiVo was stuck on getting started screen. I figured the Winter Update had been sent out and patiently waited for two hours before attempting anything. After each minute or so, the screen would blank and all lights on front panel would flash very briefly ... then repeat getting started cycle / blanking for hours. Unplugging had no effect. There were no power outages or anything unusual during the period we were not home.

The Preview box was getting its picture signal perfectly during this time (and with no connection to the Q).

With the new Q simple replacement, everything works perfectly.