uniqs

chachster
Premium Member
join:2002-08-07
Westerville, OH

chachster

Premium Member

Upgraded Internet Speed

I always read the mostly negatives, but thought I would post that I recently upgrade my internet from 15/1 to 50/5 and speed tests show slightly above each. This increase in upload will be very nice when I am uploading my photos to get printed. The process was simple... Call WOW, agree to price of upgrade, they upgrade the profile and reboot the modem and good to go. The download speed increase will also be of benefit with netflix streaming and amazon prime streaming
Body Count
join:2010-09-11
Columbus, OH

Body Count

netflix streaming is fine on 15 meg download. you can easily stream two 1080p movies at the same time with that with extra for web browsing.
baess
join:2011-01-28

baess to chachster

to chachster
said by chachster:

The process was simple... Call WOW, agree to price of upgrade, they upgrade the profile and reboot the modem and good to go.

Curious what modem you have to go from 15 to 50 without a change?
adam1991
join:2012-06-16
united state

adam1991 to Body Count

to Body Count
I agree, if Netflix is your thing and you have more than 15 down, you're overpaying.

chachster
Premium Member
Westerville, OH

chachster

Premium Member

I'm not concerned with the down... I got this for the upload.
baess
join:2011-01-28

baess

Don't want to say what modem?

WOW has said that a DOCSIS 3.0 modem is needed for higher speed tiers. Have to assume you already had DOCSIS 3.0 for your 15 since that seems the only way it would make sense you could move to 50 without changing equipment.

goober22
Resident Duh-Huh Member
join:2001-12-28
Panama City, FL

goober22 to chachster

to chachster
Got emails today from WOW telling me all they did for me in 2013. Raised speeds to 50Mbps. Not here in my former Knology area - still maxed at 25Mbps for "The Edge". They did drop usenet for me. Did not lower my bill however!

WOW!

chachster
Premium Member
Westerville, OH

chachster to baess

Premium Member

to baess
said by baess:

Don't want to say what modem?

WOW has said that a DOCSIS 3.0 modem is needed for higher speed tiers. Have to assume you already had DOCSIS 3.0 for your 15 since that seems the only way it would make sense you could move to 50 without changing equipment.

Motoroloa 6141