share rss forum feed

Krisnatharok
Caveat Emptor
Premium
join:2009-02-11
Earth Orbit
kudos:12
reply to tman852

Re: SSD's, what do you have in your rig?

Hey tman,

I use a Samsung 840 (non-Pro) 500 GB in my desktop, paired with a 2 TB Caviar Black. My gaming laptop has an ADATA 128 GB that will soon be replaced with a refurbished 256 GB Dell OEM SSD (bargain buy here on DSLR).

If I bought today, I'd grab either a Samsung EVO, Corsair Neutron GTX, a Kingston, or one of the new Seagates that uses the same controller as the Neutron GTX.
--
Those who would give up Essential Liberty to purchase a little Temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety.

tman852

join:2010-07-06
kudos:1

Anything I've ever owned from Corsair has been awesome, I'll check this one out. Don't know how I didn't see it before.

BonezX
Basement Dweller
Premium
join:2004-04-13
Canada
kudos:1
reply to Krisnatharok

the Neutrons are nuts, but the new gen ones that should be based on the LSI controller should be even better, and hopefully they do a pci-e SSD card for desktops.

due to space limitations i'm actually tempted to pickup a WD black2 drive, 120gb ssd and 1tb traditional, would give my laptop one hell of a bump, just need to figure out how i want to set it up, install to SSD and use spare space or use SSD caching and partition out the 1tb.