spacer

how-to block ads

Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

The_ANoN

@charter.com

[DISH] Hopper with Sling 5GHz?

Does Dish's Hopper with Sling (with built-in wifi) support 5GHz Wireless N? Right now Im using a Linksys WRT320N with DD-WRT firmware. My Hopper does not pick up its 5GHz signal, but it picks up 2.4GHz signals. I cant remember correctly, but Im pretty sure that when I had the stock Linksys firmware on the router, it would pick up the 5GHz signal. Anyone know?

woodie

join:2000-09-23
Gulf Breeze, FL

I recently had my Dish system upgraded to the Hopper with Sling, I use a wired connection, but tested the wireless connection and discovered that it appears to work with either 2.3G or 5G. I have a Linksys E2000 router which does either but not both at the same time. The Hopper could see both radios. The router has standard Linksys firmware installed at this time. Hope that this is helpful!

The_ANoN

@charter.com

said by woodie:

I recently had my Dish system upgraded to the Hopper with Sling, I use a wired connection, but tested the wireless connection and discovered that it appears to work with either 2.3G or 5G. I have a Linksys E2000 router which does either but not both at the same time. The Hopper could see both radios. The router has standard Linksys firmware installed at this time. Hope that this is helpful!

Thanks that is very helpful! Im guessing its my router firmware.. Its weird because all other devices can pick up the 5ghz signal its just the Hopper wont.. Doesnt matter now as Ive decided to run a long ethernet cable from router to the hopper.