Search similar:

uniqs
AJ102
join:2005-03-22
Vancouver, BC

AJ102 to ShadowMeph

to ShadowMeph

Re: [BC] was just informed of 200GB usage in 6 days wtf shaw

I have a separate router with DD-WRT on it that I use occasionally for special purposes, and in fact there is also a version of DD-WRT available for my main Linksys router. But it works well enough for me with the stock firmware, and my policy is not to mess with success unnecessarily.

In any case, even if the router had proper traffic stats, I would still have to remember to check on them, and my point here is that the blinking lights are supposed to alert you to traffic on your connection. Shaw has reduced them to a more limited connection-ok signal.
ShadowMeph
join:2005-10-09
Abbotsford, BC

ShadowMeph

starnge yesterday I had my bandwidth monitor on the started playing planetside2 I played for quite a while around 4 hours when I finishedI checked and it showed 2.8Gb 128mb upload and the rest downloaded, there were no patches or anything I also checked and went through every running process on my PC and all of hem can be accounted for, I never heard of a game using somuch bandwidth so it must be something else which I cannot fin.
then again even if it is all from the game it still doesn't account for all of the other bandwidth because I rarely turn on my gaming PC and my other systems are all Linux.
I guess i am goin to have to brek out my power bar ,call shaw ask then to change the ettings on there router so that I can run my asus router which has tomato installed annd go from there.