spc
Search similar:

uniqs

Hazy Arc
join:2006-04-10
Greenwood, SC

Hazy Arc

Turtle Beach X12 Clone for Xbox One?

For those who may know, is Turtle Beach planning on releasing a set of headphones similar to the X12 for Xbox One? I loved my X12s for the 360 - it enabled me to play at night with the volume as loud as I wanted without waking others in the house in addition to being able to chat.

I feel naked without them!

SixSpeed
join:2001-12-24
USA

1 edit

SixSpeed

I use my headset on the audio out on my TV, unfortunately MS included a proprietary headphone jack on their controller which makes it incompatible with old headsets. I have heard nothing on MS licensing this audio port or any company getting something to work with it.

Just another boning for XBOX One early adopters.

*EDIT*

A google search showed me several companies making or plan on making adapters.

Hazy Arc
Greenwood, SC

Hazy Arc

According to Turtle Beach, they've already created the Xbox One compatible headsets, but they require a proprietary adapter from Microsoft to work, and Microsoft has delayed shipment until this year of this adapter (»www.turtlebeach.com/all- ··· xbox-one).

I can get the X12 to "work" with my Xbox One by using my TV's audio out and Kinect for chat, but the Kinect chat isn't nearly as clear according to folks I'm chatting with.

Here are the headsets for the Xbox One that are to be released: »www.turtlebeach.com/prod ··· xbox-one
Nerve
join:2010-01-04
Raleigh, NC

2 edits

Nerve to Hazy Arc

to Hazy Arc
I have the DX12's and while not the same, they are similar. I would assume that if you run HDMI to the TV then you could plug the a/v cables from the headset into the TV.

I've also seen the cord that would plug into the 360 controller (for chat) spliced and connected to the proprietary adapter from the X1 headset to enable chat to connect the X12 to the X1 controller. Looked pretty simple... just a little solder.
Kronos9326
join:2004-07-31
Mississauga, ON

Kronos9326 to Hazy Arc

to Hazy Arc
Click for full size
if you're adventurous, and feel like sacrificing a headset, you can have yourself one of these, and they work fantastic.

Hazy Arc
Greenwood, SC

Hazy Arc

Can you forward me the instructions you used to do that?
Kronos9326
join:2004-07-31
Mississauga, ON

1 recommendation

Kronos9326

»www.instructables.com/id ··· -Turtle/

If you do it the way they did here, you don't have to open up your adaptor, but I chose a cleaner method. No matter how you decide to approach this, if you're going to attempt, leave yourself EXTRA cable when you start cutting, because the wires that are in the X1 headset are friggin tiny!

Hazy Arc
Greenwood, SC

Hazy Arc

Microsoft will be releasing their own Turtle Beach clone in the near future: »news.xbox.com/2014/02/xb ··· -headset

The part that caught my attention was this:

"For our fans that already have a set of stereo gaming headphones they can’t live without, we’re happy to reveal that the Stereo Headset Adapter will also ship separately worldwide in early March. Volume controls on the adapter let you adjust chat volume levels and mute your headset’s microphone without taking your hands off the controller. Simply plug the adapter into your controller and connect your compatible stereo headset to enable fantastic chat audio – thanks to integration with Skype’s audio codec. Add in-game audio by connecting your headset to the back of the Xbox One or to your TV."

So, I'll have to buy an adapter, but at least I won't have to buy a new headset.