MVM
join:2004-02-22
united kingd

2 recommendations

NICK ADSL UK

MVM

Java Runtime Environment 64-Bit 7 Update 51

Java SE 7u51
This release includes important security fixes. Oracle strongly recommends that all Java SE 7 users upgrade to this release.

»www.oracle.com/technetwo ··· dex.html
towerdave
join:2002-01-16
O Fallon, IL

towerdave

Be aware that this Java release REQUIRES that all java code be signed. For individual users, this is a mere inconvenience. For enterprises/businesses that may utilize homegrown code that's not signed, this could be a huge issue to get resolved.

It's a good feature, but requires some planning before rolling out in a business/enterprise environment.

TD

kickass69
join:2002-06-03
Lake Hopatcong, NJ

kickass69

I can see people moving the Security Level marker down to Medium to not deal with the inconvenience either it be individuals or enterprises/businesses.
towerdave
join:2002-01-16
O Fallon, IL

towerdave

»blogs.oracle.com/java-pl ··· for_rias

Pretty sure that this requirement can't be avoided for web applets. (I'm not a developer, don't quote me on that).

TD

GuruGuy
Premium Member
join:2002-12-16
Atlanta, GA

GuruGuy to NICK ADSL UK

Premium Member

to NICK ADSL UK
Wasn't this posted here already: »Java Critical Patch update on Jan 14, 2014

Reported by Kickass69 version 7 51

Triple Helix
DNA
Premium Member
join:2007-07-26
Oshawa, ON

Triple Helix to NICK ADSL UK

Premium Member

to NICK ADSL UK
Also you need both 32bit & 64bit on a 64bit OS for other Browsers.

TH

Snowy
Lock him up!!!
Premium Member
join:2003-04-05
Kailua, HI

Snowy to NICK ADSL UK

Premium Member

to NICK ADSL UK
Click for full size
The download link lands on a page offering 3 different downloads.

1. JDK: (Java Development Kit). For Java Developers. Includes a complete JRE plus tools for developing, debugging, and monitoring Java applications.

2. Server JRE: (Server Java Runtime Environment) For deploying Java applications on servers. Includes tools for JVM monitoring and tools commonly required for server applications, but does not include browser integration (the Java plug-in), auto-update, nor an installer. Learn more arrow

3. JRE: (Java Runtime Environment). Covers most end-users needs. Contains everything required to run Java applications on your system.

It's the third (last) link that is going to be correct link for a home user.

Editorial
Developers/Admins should be able to select the correct download link with their eyes closed regardless of where in the list it falls.
IMO, the home user link should be listed first since it should be the most used link not to mention the click happy home user clicking the first link presented.
/Editorial

Triple Helix
DNA
Premium Member
join:2007-07-26
Oshawa, ON

1 recommendation

Triple Helix to NICK ADSL UK

Premium Member

to NICK ADSL UK
I like and use this link always. »www.oracle.com/technetwo ··· 261.html

TH