uniqs
share rss forum feed

jimmay76
Premium
join:2003-02-11
East Providence, RI

[Pricing] Unlimited data plan upgrade 6GB for 30$

Hey All

Just ordered a new phone, I have been on unlimited for almost 5 years. The nice rep on the phone said former unlimited accounts can get get 6GB for 30, 8 for 40 or 10 for 50. When I called I was willing to keep my phone or find one somewhere else and keep the plan. I have never gone over 3GB in a month so I think it should work.

Jim

davidhoffman
Premium
join:2009-11-19
Warner Robins, GA
kudos:3
I had an LG Voyager fail with no repair possible according to Verizon. I did not want all the smart phone charges, so I got an old LG EnV from a coworker and reactivated my old plan. I would love a smart phone, but will not pay the outrageous Verizon smart phone fee. Hey Verizon, 1s and 0s, are 1s and 0s, they do not cost you less to transmit because they are transmitted to a tablet, instead of a smart phone. Bogus rent seeking unscientific nonsense is what your extra large smart phone fee is.

John97
Over The Hills And Far Away
Premium
join:2000-11-14
Spring Hill, FL
kudos:1
Reviews:
·Bright House
·ooma
Yep. I just got a new phone too. The guy at the store was clueless about the 6GB plan, but I called VZ corporate and they told me to call them after I get my new phone and they will put me on the 6GB plan.
--
So put me on a highway, and show me a sign.
And take it to the limit one more time...

Dodge
Premium
join:2002-11-27
How did that work out? Since you'll be calling after you lost unlimited and signed a new contract, I have a feeling it won't be available to you anymore.

pende_tim
Premium
join:2004-01-04
Andover, NJ
Reviews:
·Comcast
reply to John97
said by John97:

Yep. I just got a new phone too. The guy at the store was clueless about the 6GB plan, but I called VZ corporate and they told me to call them after I get my new phone and they will put me on the 6GB plan

How did that work out?
--
The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has its limits.

ke4pym
Premium
join:2004-07-24
Charlotte, NC
reply to jimmay76
How is that a deal?

I'm paying $27.99 for unlimited now....

jimmay76
Premium
join:2003-02-11
East Providence, RI
said by ke4pym:

How is that a deal?

I'm paying $27.99 for unlimited now....

Great, for what type of service?

Steely
I rise when the sun goes down
Premium
join:2000-10-15
Princeton Junction, NJ
reply to jimmay76
I was told by two reps - one in-store and one on the phone - that unlimited users can now get 6GB (unshared) for $30/mo and still qualify for subsidized phones. Obviously that's not as good as unlimited, but it's a hell of a lot better than having to buy a phone at full price in order to keep unlimited, or getting only 2GB for the same $30/mo.

ke4pym
Premium
join:2004-07-24
Charlotte, NC
Reviews:
·Northland Cable ..
·Time Warner Cable
·ooma
·VOIPO
·Verizon Broadban..
reply to jimmay76
said by jimmay76: