spacer

how-to block ads

Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

STLCompGuy

join:2003-01-11
Saint Louis, MO

[CATV] Whats the deal with my all digital availability and Caller ID?

I got a robo call about a week or so ago telling me I will be going all digital and I would be receiving more information in the mail. Well as of today, I am not all digital and my Caller ID App on my tv does not work.

I called in to Tech support this afternoon and they are saying my box may need a firmware update (that I guess is not able to be completed over the air and I need to go in and pick up a new box)? I was told by the first rep. I spoke with today that my call is being escalated to Tier 2 Phone support and they will get back to me within 24 hours?

I live in unincorporated west St. Louis county, zip code: 63146.

techie01

@charter.com
Your city may have caller ID on TV available but they're running into problems with the box provisioning so they said if you've been told it's available and it won't work for you, wait until next month and they should have it running.

techie01

@charter.com
reply to STLCompGuy
Also the caller id on tv feature won't work on Motorola DCT2000 series boxes either, so if you have one, bring it to your local office and swap it.

STLCompGuy

join:2003-01-11
Saint Louis, MO
reply to STLCompGuy
I just got a voice mail from a Charter Phone guy (it was weird, the voicemail had a time stamp of like 1AM but I never heard the phone ring...maybe I was too deep in sleep) and the caller ID on my tv seems to be working fine.

I have a Motorola cable box but I don't know the model #. (I never bothered to look).