spc
uniqs
chris92
join:2008-09-20
Coal Valley, IL

chris92 to compuguybna

to compuguybna

Re: Problems with 4G outage

eHPRD is EVDO that is routed through an LTE core. eHPRD is just a software layer on the EVDO radio that allows the handoff for EVDO to LTE to be seamless. eHPRD can be faster than EVDO since it is being routed through a completely different core router than EVDO that is usually closer placed. For example, the one here in Davenport, IA is routed through Chicago(175 miles) instead of Kansas City(350 miles), so ping times are now below 100ms. eHRPD can't go over 3.1MBit either since it is EVDO.

This article helped me understand this: »s4gru.com/index.php?/top ··· try52976

compuguybna
join:2009-06-17
Nashville, TN

compuguybna

I guess my Galaxy Tab 3 on Sprint is lying about its speed on eHRPD then...
said by chris92:

eHPRD is EVDO that is routed through an LTE core. eHPRD is just a software layer on the EVDO radio that allows the handoff for EVDO to LTE to be seamless. eHPRD can be faster than EVDO since it is being routed through a completely different core router than EVDO that is usually closer placed. For example, the one here in Davenport, IA is routed through Chicago(175 miles) instead of Kansas City(350 miles), so ping times are now below 100ms. eHRPD can't go over 3.1MBit either since it is EVDO.

This article helped me understand this: »s4gru.com/index.php?/top ··· try52976

chris92
join:2008-09-20
Coal Valley, IL

chris92

That could very well be...I've noticed a couple times the Speedtest.net app will have wierd spikes to speeds that don't seem right. I usually have it spike to 25+Mbit for upload on LTE when it should be 10-15 Max

compuguybna
join:2009-06-17
Nashville, TN

compuguybna

Most speedtests are pretty inaccurate for the most part. My tablet does seem a bit faster though for streaming music when its in eHRPD:13...doesn't buffer as much.
said by chris92:

That could very well be...I've noticed a couple times the Speedtest.net app will have wierd spikes to speeds that don't seem right. I usually have it spike to 25+Mbit for upload on LTE when it should be 10-15 Max

dib22
join:2002-01-27
Kansas City, MO

dib22 to chris92

to chris92
said by chris92:

Usually caused by compression or cache engines.